Quote Originally Posted by FredFogg View Post
Lee, just thinking out loud here but did you consider using a wider piece of biothane for the inside piece instead of leather? I haven't made a pair yet but I have 3/4, 5/8, and 1/2 inch size biothane. I was thinking the whole reason to use biothane was it wouldn't wear out where the leather on the inside would wear out way before the biothane and you would have to replace it probably after a season. I know you fringed it at the top and bottom but my understanding is you don't have to fringe the biothane. Again, just thinking out loud because I have no experience with biothane yet.
I used the 1" biothane since it was closest to what I was taught to use and i would think spreads any forces over a larger area. I actually prefer to keep the leather inner for now. Since they're removable anklets and don't need to be destroyed to remove them, I can still pop them off during any downtime to recondition or peel/replace the leather pad and make sure there's no leg problems being hidden from view. I would also argue the leather molds better to any abnormalities and helps relieve pressure spots. I didn't worry about that as much with all leather anklets sine I knew they would stretch a bit.

As a side note I am toying with the idea of biothane jesses. Those I'm sick of stretching out over time.