Hi Isaac - yes I know what you mean - they have different strengths for sure. Springers excel in some situations where HPR's find things more difficult - Springers are great for really rough ground where they need to hit cover hard to put the quarry under enough pressure to make it flush. I find one of the the downsides is that to work them best they need constant direction, turning them on the whistle etc (they get better at working more independently with experience) which means you almost need to concentrate more on the dog than the hawk. Don't get me wrong - they are brilliant dogs but when, after years of working them , I saw some really good GWP's work with hawks I saw the extra advantages in working them. My hawks would also be so keyed up anticipating the flush when working spaniels that the birds would often bate to follow the dog as soon as it dropped out of sight. Often this would be at the wrong moment with the game flushing when the hawk hadn't regained the fist - with relatively open ground like that in the Caithness video the differences are marginal. Great sport can be had working both but I think if you have only one dog the good HPR is difficult to beat in terms of the outcome we are all looking for - the development of the hawk to its maximum potential. If however you can maintain both an HPR and a springer you certainly would have all the bases covered!!