Quote Originally Posted by Tasha55403 View Post
To clarify...is that 2 setups attached to the ring? Each clip goes into a jess, right? To make it more secure (but a little more difficult to maneuver) could you use coastlock swivels instead of the dog clips? I've used a similar setup for years and never had any problems with those.
I have had everything but a traditional set up fail me I have tried them all. Luckily I all the fails happened in my hand via inspection. The coastlocks get brittle with continual use where they bend the opening and closing of them at the bend causes them to weaken over time just like any wire. Just sharing an experience here. I won't use anything else but a traditional swivel now.

Pineo swivel with a paracord fox leash with weed eater line insert for stiffness is for me the ideal.

I have never figured out why leather leashes are looked down on? Wouldn't a leather jess break before a leather leash? Leather leashes are stiff and that's a good thing.

Not all directed at you you Tasha I know you have been a falconer for awhile.

Ever since I lost my first peregrine by him untying his paracord leash off his perch I just can't trust a knot completely. Fox leash for me.

We all take risks we are comfortable with though. The risks I take might be frowned upon by some. I have seen a common mind set of falconers that I admire though.