I love this book. It's a great read and the illustrations are top notch. I bought the book because I had decided to fly a Harris after flying imprint goshawks for 20+ years. I had heard that to get the most out of your captive bred Harris it should not be approached as you would a freshly trapped redtail. (I flew a captive bred female harris 25 years ago and flew it like a redtail. With a lot of success I might add). I was really hoping for a more detailed description of what to do from the moment your new hawk arrives and how to proceed from there. On page 137 they discuss manning and by page 151 they discuss entering. A total of 14 pages. The whole chaper 6 on Obtaining and Training is 48 pages. The rest is all good stuff and very interesting but quite frankly I was disappointed with the information provided about early training and found nothing new there. It is basically the same approach as flying a freshly trapped redtail.

So in conclusion I would say yes, buy the book, it's a great read but if you just want to know how to get you newly acquired Harris manned and hunting you could learn a lot more from talking to others who have successfully done it.