Quote Originally Posted by ericedw View Post
To the first part, again, what state? You keep suggesting a problem where one does not exist that I'm aware of. "some states may not even have falconry", which states?

I'm here from the organization, willing to have a discussion about it. How can I help you?
It's a simple question, what is the AFC doing to aid in reg adoption? Is there any outward reach to states to ensure they don't need help? As a national organization that is so outgoing on the behalf of falconers, I would think this should be the top priority. It's my curiosity if this is the case, that's all.

Paul's post sums it up really well:
By 2012 there will be 26 states up and running under the new regs which leaves just two years to get the other 23 states on board. I know from personal experience that it took three years to get the new regs through the system here in New Mexico. So, for the states where the process is foundering it could well be that come January 2014 - the deadline for compliance - some of these 23 states will lose falconry as a legal means of hunting. That plain and simple fact is reason enough for all of us to focus our attention on getting all of the states on board with the new regulations as soon as possible. Imagine having falconry illegal in a patchwork of states across the nation, not just the inconvenience of having to alter your travel plans to avoid transporting your hawk through that state, it provides more foothold to have falconry made illegal in other states, maybe yours....