Quote Originally Posted by goshawkr View Post
What is the point you are trying to make, and how does it even come close to the core point of the thread, which was to ask - politely - when Marshal is going to expand its business and support droid?

I dont hate apple, I just simply refuse to dance to their tune for some very sound reasons. Not the least of which is that I have already invested time and cash in the devices I have. The windows based tablets that the NFL uses can be dunked in a duck pond and will still function. I have one of those, and would love to use it with Aerovision (although that would involve them also supporting windows 10). No one has suggested that those of you on their ecosystem should stop. It does appear very consistent that apple also has 100% of the market share for those who violently hate all non apple products. They have had that market sewn up tightly for about 30 years.

Some of us are just asking for inclusion. Marshal can have my money just as soon as they are ready for it. All it takes is an investment in a programming tool that costs less than one GPS system and 15 minutes of their time converting their code to another platform and a bit of test/debug time - which I would be happy to help them with free of charge.

Oh, and by the way, I have 25 years+ in the industry, making money on computers. I am not a village idiot that just fell off the turnip truck. Neither is Ron. Security is not my area of specialty, but it is something I know quite a bit about. Your statements are all more myth than substance, but you are far from the only one spouting the myths. You are welcome to try and crack open my phone. I will buy you a new bird of your choice when you do it. You will be never be able to pull it off, but you would be disappointed if you were able to, as there is not anything worth snooping through kept on my phone which is of course the first rule of security.

Apple is a pretty tight ship, security wise. However, the first computer virus ever was on the apple platform. For a decade and a half Apple used to brag that no one bothered to write malware targeting their platform because there was not enough of a user base to make that worth while, and odd as that is as a marketing statement, it was largely true. Security through obscurity is the tech term for that, and it works. Most secure system I ever worked on was a 30 year old mainframe. There were about 100 systems like it running in the world at the time. Our security profile was really an open door. We had hackers get in all the time who then had no idea what to do. We used to laugh at the log traces as they tried to have fun once they got in. Happened about once a week, and none ever lasted more than 30 minutes before they got bored and shut down their session.

Anyway, as soon as apple gained a respectable market share, they got an equal portion of malware and hackers. Shows up on their stuff all the time, although Apple does a good job of keeping it quite when it happens, usually. A key example of that was not kept quiet was the huge scandle with celebrities that had their nude selfie photos stolen by hackers - that was all on apples ecosystem. Largely in their iCloud accounts, but some of that was related to phone breaches as well.

But again, that is not the point........ And Ron and I are not the only ones patiently waiting for support on our platform. I know several others.
FYI.. Apple's security that was compromised during "the Fappening". The hacker used social engineering through a phishing attack to get the passwords to the celebrity accounts. It was the dumb celebrities that gave him their passwords.

https://techcrunch.com/2016/03/15/pr...-apples-fault/

I just picked up my first Android device as I am using an RTL-SDR device and an Amazon Fire Tablet as my telemetry receiver. The benefit is I can track both UHF and VHF by just changing the antenna. Of course I can use a UHF antenna to track VHF, but it's not as good. My whole set up cost less than $120. I would love a GPS telemetry unit, but it's too cost prohibitive for me. Maybe some day the cost will come down enough for me to enjoy GPS tracking.

I am surprised that a solution has not been made available on Android. Hopefully they will release an app before the next Sky Trials.