Thread: Bam Bam 2010 male coopers hawk

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Bam Bam 2010 male coopers hawk

Well I pulled bam out of a tree in the middle of St.Louis in between a side walk and a road. He was 8 days old when I got him and recipe imprinted him Mike McDermitt was the one who convinced me to tame hack him but most of the help I have been receiving on my first imprint come from my friend Keith, who is also tame hacking a male coop. I am pushing the limits of the tame hack for where I'm hacking this bird i have house on all sides of my back yard as I live with my parents still and I'm hacking him out right smack dab in the middle of a subdivision its day six so far and he has came leaps and bounds in six days with his flight ability. Hes now flying around every where spending most the day down the road in one of my neighbors yards. One thing I am wanting to try is OC method of hooding later in the season. I will add pictures soon I have a lot .
    Joe Lewis

Hey Joe,

That's interesting that you are hacking him out in a subdivision. I'll be interested in knowing how it goes.

Good luck with him, and yes, send photographs.

Bill Boni
    Norman, OK

Nothing seems to bother him he was sitting over the top over my next door neighbors pit bull.
    Joe Lewis

Just make sure he doesn't latch on to the pitbull and carry it away, we know how dangerous these BOPs can be when it comes to large dogs.
    Paul Domski
    New Mexico, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Saluqi View Post
    Just make sure he doesn't latch on to the pitbull and carry it away, we know how dangerous these BOPs can be when it comes to large dogs.
    that just made my day paul!
    Conor
    Temecula CA

I have a picture of Bam Bam pecking the pit bull in the nose for sniffing him. I have to say this hack has made him mental develope very fast your can see day by day progression.
    Joe Lewis

Talking

Enen after eating almost a whole quail he cased a grackle all the way down the block right on it's tail.
    Joe Lewis

I think I am making head way with no mantling and vocalazation the only time he makes noise is when he is looking for me at feeding time. The mantling is for about 30sec then this how he eats even on baggies.

this is how he spends some of his day

Joe Lewis

Thread Information