Thread: Falconry Lures For Sale!

Default Falconry Lures For Sale!

Hello everyone! I've come across some scrap leather, and I've made a few extra falconry lures.... and quite honestly, it's the funnest piece of equipment to make, in my opinion! I enjoy it. I'm interested in making custom lures for falconers. My lures are all hand-sewn, and the lure lines are hand-braided. Most of my lures are made of kangaroo leather (I've experimented with a few other materials, if you're interested) and the padding/weights inside the middle consist of shredded leather and small fishing weights. The stitching on the lures is either heavy-duty thread (for smaller lures, like K-birds) or fishing line, for bigger birds' lures. The lure line is heavy duty line that I bought from Bucheits. I braid the line using 3 pieces, and I've used this for my Red-Tail lures and it worked great. The meat ties are the kind of drawstring plastic pieces you find on jackets and such. I do not apply oil or grease to the lures, because some falconers like their lures more stiff than pliable. Here's a picture of two Kestrel lures I am working on at the moment: The one on the left is not finished, and the one on the right is pretty much completed. I apologize I don't have any other pictures at the moment! I'm starting out making these lures at $30 a piece. S&H can be discussed upon ordering depending on where you live and the size and weight of your lure. Each lure doesn't take too long to make, and would be ready for shipping in a matter of one to two days after I obtain the information on your particular lure. I'll only be making falconry lures until mid-August (moving out to the dorms and such) So don't hesitate to contact me if you're interested! Just send me a PM if you're interested. Bridget
    Bridget
    Missouri General Falconer

DO Not post in classifieds please PM each other. It clutters up the thread and bumps it to the top.

Mods please pay attention to where the thread is posted as you can post anywhere

I also moved the thread out of bartering, your title says for sale...

I will delete my reply in 2 days.. i want ti make sue the author has read it

thank you

Chris
    Chris Lynn
    -Owner and Admin of NAFEX.net.

Thread Information