Thread: Hello I am the creator of a falconry App

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I made an app for my computer a long time ago, some of you may have downloaded it. What I found was after you do this for a while, you either write a log daily for that book you are going to write so you can become a famous falconer or you write down the basics and it doesn't take an app to do that. LOL Now days, I write down start weight, where I hunted so I don't hit the same place over and over, end weight, maybe a comment if something happened special and what game was caught.

It always amuses me that people write down what the food they fed their bird weighed, can't you sort of figure that out by start weight and end weight? LOL
    Fred
    "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by FredFogg View Post
    It always amuses me that people write down what the food they fed their bird weighed, can't you sort of figure that out by start weight and end weight? LOL
    No. Most birds will burn different food sources at a different rate. My last RT would burn through rabbit like no tomorrow but would hold quail fairly well.
    http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/videogame/mario.gif Mario Nickerson
    www.Dirthawking.com
    I'm ashamed of what I did for a Klondike bar...

Quote Originally Posted by Dirthawking View Post
    No. Most birds will burn different food sources at a different rate. My last RT would burn through rabbit like no tomorrow but would hold quail fairly well.
    Ok Mario, if you weigh your bird before you take it hunting and it weighs 800 g, during hunting and after the kill you feed it rabbit and it weighs 900 g. You fed it 100 g. If you fed it quail and it was the same weights, wouldn't it still be 100 g? Duh! I am not talking about how much they burn through, that would determine what their weight would be the next day when you hunt. I am just talking about writing down how much you fed them and weighing the food first, not necessary. And of course, everyone should know that different foods burn through different birds at different weights but that is something that has to be learned and would be reflected on the next days weight. It ain't rocket science! LOL
    Fred

And writing it down is one good way for an apprentice to learn that is it not?
    http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/videogame/mario.gif Mario Nickerson
    www.Dirthawking.com
    I'm ashamed of what I did for a Klondike bar...

Quote Originally Posted by Dirthawking View Post
    And writing it down is one good way for an apprentice to learn that is it not?
    If you had read my post thoroughly, you would have seen where I mentioned that I used to write everything down but after many seasons, I don't need to write it all down. So that kind of suggest that what I was saying wasn't for apprentices, is it not?
    Fred

quickly checked out the app, its usable the way it is but could be more convenient, a few problems i noticed that could be fixed.

> written examples for the example bird is not in the selected language, the singular and plural of species is species, not "specie" (and other translation mistakes)
    > all or most empty input text fields should be filled with a greyed out place-holders.
    > an option to switch month and date positions
    > ability to add new and common hawking location on an interactive map
    > have the weather forecast automatic logged for the day, no one is going to fill in that wall of input fields.
    > a warning that shows as a red data point on the graph when a bird goes outside a weight range the falconer has set.
    > i like the weight graph but it could have better readability

Thanks for your work, hope for future versions!
    Travis Jenkins

Default Review of the APP

Quote Originally Posted by Manganese View Post
    quickly checked out the app, its usable the way it is but could be more convenient, a few problems i noticed that could be fixed.

> written examples for the example bird is not in the selected language, the singular and plural of species is species, not "specie" (and other translation mistakes)
    > all or most empty input text fields should be filled with a greyed out place-holders.
    > an option to switch month and date positions
    > ability to add new and common hawking location on an interactive map
    > have the weather forecast automatic logged for the day, no one is going to fill in that wall of input fields.
    > a warning that shows as a red data point on the graph when a bird goes outside a weight range the falconer has set.
    > i like the weight graph but it could have better readability

Thanks for your work, hope for future versions!
    Thank you very much for your interest in our App
    In the following updates will try to resolve translation errors.
    We take into account all the suggestions that you doing to improve it, is what we do, we hear the opinions and try to include them.
    Alvaro Perez

Thread Information