Annual state field meet in Eden Idaho 2009

We are happy to announce that our friends to the South (Utah) will be joining us this year.

• When: October 23-25
• Where: Eden Idaho (just East of Twin Falls)
• Why: To have a great time with friends catching game

The meet motel will be at the Amber Inn Motel off of I-84 Exit #182
Amber Inn Motel
1132 E 1000 S
Eden, ID 83325-5014
(208) 825-5200

Rates are as fallows:
• 1 Person $43.20
• 2 People 1 bed $50.75
• 2 People 2 beds $59.40
• Pets add $5.00 (max 2 pets per room)

We will be offered a 10% discount if we can get ten rooms or more reserved. So please act soon and reserve your room. This is a small motel by the Garden of Eden truck stop at the Eden exit. It is set down the frontage road about 1/4 mile away. It is smaller with only about 35-40 room total. It has plenty of parking with a nice grass plot for a weathering area. The pricing is also very reasonable.

Just on the other side of the over pass there is Anderson Camp for those that want to bring a trailer or tent camp.
RV site $28.00 per day full hook up
Tent site $19.80 per day no hook up
Cabins are also available sleeping two-four at $40.50-$55.00
There are bathrooms available along with showers and a heated outdoor pool.

The banquet room at the Garden of Eden restaurant is reserved for us each morning, so that we can meet and have breakfast and head out hunting from there.

Our Banquet will be held at the Dimond Barn along highway 25. It is in the heart of where we will be hunting. This is a privately owned meeting area that is set up for reunions and special events. We will be having smoked tri-tip with Dutch oven potatoes, salads and deserts. People are welcome to bring a salad or chips if they would like to add to the meal. We will be providing utensils, plates, cups and home made root beer. They have asked that no one smokes inside the building so please help us respect that. The meal will cost each of us $11.00 and will need to be paid at the time of the banquet. With that you will receive 5 raffle tickets for our raffle. We will also have some very nice meet shirts available for purchase at a price of $11.oo each. We have been receiving some very nice donations for our raffle. We ask that every one coming to the banquet/meet please bring and item or two to donate and help raise funds for the club.

There are also great hunting opportunities around here. From the motel you are just minutes away from some rabbit hunting. You can head South to the South hills and find more bunnies and Chuckers. I have been talking to our local fish and game officer and gotten some directions to some great rabbit spots just South of Filer (just West of Twin Falls.) North you can find some Huns and lots of pheasants and ducks. And about 1-1.5 hours can get you into some sage grouse or sharp-tail.

There is also a meet permit available for those out of staters at a cost of $28.00. For those of you who would like an out of state small game hunting license it will be $97.75. If you are hunting water fowl just make sure that you have your federal waterfowl stamp with you along with your state’s hunting license. If you are planning of getting here on Saturday, I will be able to purchase your license in advance, but you will need to make arrangements with me and send your prepayment to me via PayPal to sb@idaholongwings.com. There will be an additional fee of 3% for PayPal charges. You can also call me at 208-681-5495 or email me at the same address. The fish and game office in Jerome will be open till 5:00pm on Friday of the meet. These licenses can only be purchased at the area office.

Stephen Buffat