Quote Originally Posted by JRedig View Post
This is for the AFC members on the forum.

Can someone let me know what the AFC is doing to help in the process of the reg adoption for the states?

I've only heard about the peregrine issue and have not heard any mention of the reg adoption. It would seem to me that it's much more important to have falconry first than to press issues such as peregrine take expansion. As the "other" organization representing falconers in the US, what is the AFC doing to aid that process?

Thanks.

Hi Jeff:

I think many of the state clubs have taken the role of helping their state come on board with adopting the federal regs. Because of this we're seeing some very strong state clubs emerge.

I don't thnk the AFC is the other organization. It's just a group falconers taking on a few issues that could benefit all falconers in the U.S. I'm helping with the eagle issue.

I'll tell you what, why don't you join the AFC? What's stopping you? Give me a call one of these nights and we can talk.

If I may, I'd like to say that the feds turning over the administration of falconry to the states may not be as great a thing as everyone thought. The feds have kept all of the authority but are going to do very little work, if any.

Best,