North American Falconers Exchange-Falconry Forums  

Go Back   North American Falconers Exchange-Falconry Forums > NAFEX.net Falconry Forum > Introductions

Introductions Welcome to the NAFEX.net falconry forum. If you are new please tell us about yourself. Let us know where you are from, what you fly, or just tell us hello.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-2013, 04:22 PM

Default Salutations, a beginner from Helena, MT.

Hello, I am John Herrin, 23, I live in the Helena, MT area. Ally was kind enough to point me here from an apprenticeship forum.

I am just starting into falconry. I have been doing a lot of reading over the past few months. The books I currently have are,

Dirt Hawking
Apprentice Manual and Study Guide that I got from Mike's.
Hawking and Falconry for Beginners
Falconry & Hawking. by Phillip Glasier
Practical Handbook of Falcon Husbandry and Medicine
The Compleat Falconer
A Falconry Manual

As well as a few books that I checked out from the local library. I have also been reading up on the rules, regulations, and laws concerning falconry on both the state and federal level. Though I found out that Montana has the same regulations at the federal government.

So I am here to get to know the community a little better and continue my interest in the Falconry world. Any tips or suggestions are always welcome.