PDA

View Full Version : CHC Meet 2011 (video from last weekend)

RLBagley
01-18-2011, 12:55 AM
Marshall Radio travelled down to the California Hawking Club Field Meet over the weekend to meet with friends and customers, support the Club with Raffle Donations, see some birds flown.

It was their 40th Anniversary as a Club, and through the seasons and years, they've always been one of the most enthusiastic, innovative and positive groups here in the US. (well, Texas has taken that crown off and on for many years as well).

Anyway, we just uploaded some of the images and video clips here (http://marshallradio.com/en/marshall-radio-telemetry-american-falconry/149-chc-meet), for those that might be interested. Many will see some faces of old friends that were there, came together.

From 5 degree F weather here in Utah and Idaho, to Bakersfield and the mid sixties. . . . .

RB

Greg
01-18-2011, 06:43 AM
Thanks for the link, sorry I missed it this year!
Greg

redtailsrule
01-18-2011, 04:22 PM
Thanks for supporting our club! I won the signal sensor and have been using it daily since!

everetkhorton
01-18-2011, 05:40 PM
Robert:
Thinks for posting! Always want to go the a CA meet when they camped out. Anyone got picture of those days?

RLBagley
01-20-2011, 03:22 PM
Robert:
Thinks for posting! Always want to go the a CA meet when they camped out. Anyone got picture of those days?

My first trip out to California, believe it or not, was in 1972. Bob Coleman was the charismatic Club President, and his oldest son Rob and I travelled out there together and stayed at the RanchHouse where his three peregrines had these curious "interchangeable bands."

I had a young pheasant-consuming female goshawk that we flew in the fields there around Sacramento, and came home with a secret location from Bob Sr. of a Prairie Falcon eyrie that produced large dark birds back in Utah.

First met Jimmy Adamson there on that trip, a hippie at the time in his VW Van with his Merlins, and it was just a magical, enthusiastic time in California falconry. . .

RB

Yeomanfalconer
01-20-2011, 03:35 PM
My first trip out to California, believe it or not, was in 1972. Bob Coleman was the charismatic Club President, and his oldest son Rob and I travelled out there together and stayed at the RanchHouse where his three peregrines had these curious "interchangeable bands."

I had a young pheasant-consuming female goshawk that we flew in the fields there around Sacramento, and came home with a secret location from Bob Sr. of a Prairie Falcon eyrie that produced large dark birds back in Utah.

First met Jimmy Adamson there on that trip, a hippie at the time in his VW Van with his Merlins, and it was just a magical, enthusiastic time in California falconry. . .

RB

Your video looked a little like an old hippie's reunion. Maybe we should look into AARP sponsorship.