PDA

View Full Version : Heyla from Birmingham, AL!

Lunaries
10-31-2007, 05:34 PM
As (I certainly hope) my Signature says, I'm presently studying for my exam...unfortunately, going to be next trapping season before I get my first bird. Don't have the money for Mews this year, but I figure I ought to give myself a good long time to get through all the red tape first, so it's just as well.

Ah, aside from that, my name's Amber Ivy and I'm eighteen years old. I've been lurking for a bit, and I've learned that I am not only probably the youngest here, but one of the few females. [smilie=eusa_clap.gif] Go me? :P I live in Birmingham, right now. It's the only pretty place I've seen so far in Alabama -- lived for a while in Dothan, THAT was as close to Exile as I've ever been, after living in Panama City Beach for a few years! At least there are hills here.

I'm also studying to take my GED in the near future, it's probably very sad that I'm studying harder for the Falconry exam...? Ha.

I've seen a few people from Texas here -- anybody ever hunted around Commerce? Nice town, when I lived there.

I'm going to stop rambling now!

Happy hunting.

Jimmy
10-31-2007, 06:01 PM
Hi Amber.
I lived in B'ham for a short time about 20 years ago. Lots of fond memories there......
There's a meet near Sylacauga, Alabama, November 9th, 10th, and 11th. You going??

everetkhorton
10-31-2007, 06:08 PM
As (I certainly hope) my Signature says, I'm presently studying for my exam...unfortunately, going to be next trapping season before I get my first bird. Don't have the money for Mews this year, but I figure I ought to give myself a good long time to get through all the red tape first, so it's just as well.

Ah, aside from that, my name's Amber Ivy and I'm eighteen years old. I've been lurking for a bit, and I've learned that I am not only probably the youngest here, but one of the few females. [smilie=eusa_clap.gif] Go me? :P I live in Birmingham, right now. It's the only pretty place I've seen so far in Alabama -- lived for a while in Dothan, THAT was as close to Exile as I've ever been, after living in Panama City Beach for a few years! At least there are hills here.

I'm also studying to take my GED in the near future, it's probably very sad that I'm studying harder for the Falconry exam...? Ha.

I've seen a few people from Texas here -- anybody ever hunted around Commerce? Nice town, when I lived there.

Happy hunting.

Welcome Amber:
I have a daughter named Ivy. You maybe one of the youngest and yes there are a few ladies on this site. I hope everything goes smooth for you. You can tell me to kiss off or anything else that comes to mind, but I would have like to hear you were still in school. Education is soooo importanted for ladies these days. Thats it. Have fun and post often

Lunaries
10-31-2007, 06:17 PM

Happy hunting.

Welcome Amber:
I have a daughter named Ivy. You maybe one of the youngest and yes there are a few ladies on this site. I hope everything goes smooth for you. You can tell me to kiss off or anything else that comes to mind, but I would have like to hear you were still in school. Education is soooo importanted for ladies these days. Thats it. Have fun and post often

You do? Neat! Yeah, I figured I would be...but then, at least I didn't join at about ten when the bug bit me. [smilie=eusa_doh.gif] Ah...yeah...the school thing. I was a complete and total moron about that. I know that now, but at the time it seemed like just the most intelligent idea in the world. Not so. But I'm hoping to enroll in a Community College here for the spring semester, I'll definitely be trying much, much harder this time -- you know, unless I want to find myself flipping burgers for forever. Not really all that appealing. [smilie=icon_hang.gif] I'll try, on both of the last counts! It'll take me a while to get going, though -- dreadfully terrified of making a fool of myself, my foot finds itself in my mouth more than on the ground!

By the way -- sorry, Jimmy! I just realized what the buttons on the thing are for, replying for posts...this is going to take me a while to get used to, I see.

Lunaries
10-31-2007, 07:03 PM
Hi Amber.
I lived in B'ham for a short time about 20 years ago. Lots of fond memories there......
There's a meet near Sylacauga, Alabama, November 9th, 10th, and 11th. You going??

Ha! Doesn't even look like it's going to POST the other reply I posted. Oh well.

You did? That's awesome. :) Birmingham's pretty nice -- I'll forever miss the beach, but have you ever been to Dothan? I think most of the people who loved there were walking around with sticks stuck places where sticks don't belong. Birmingham is in a whole 'nother world, major improvement over Dothan. [smilie=BangHead.gif]

I'll see if I can be! Might be enough warning to get my sister out and about, I'm presently stuck without transportation otherwise. [smilie=eusa_doh.gif]

everetkhorton
10-31-2007, 07:23 PM

Happy hunting.

Welcome Amber:

You do? Neat! Yeah, I figured I would be...but then, at least I didn't join at about ten when the bug bit me. [smilie=eusa_doh.gif] Ah...yeah...the school thing. I was a complete and total moron about that. I know that now, but at the time it seemed like just the most intelligent idea in the world. Not so. But I'm hoping to enroll in a Community College here for the spring semester, I'll definitely be trying much, much harder this time -- you know, unless I want to find myself flipping burgers for forever. Not really all that appealing. [smilie=icon_hang.gif] I'll try, on both of the last counts! It'll take me a while to get going, though -- dreadfully terrified of making a fool of myself, my foot finds itself in my mouth more than on the ground!

By the way -- sorry, Jimmy! I just realized what the buttons on the thing are for, replying for posts...this is going to take me a while to get used to, I see.

Amber:
I am glad to hear you plan on enrolling in college in the Spring, you will never regret it. Do not worry about the exam. To much is made of it. Do some reading and spend some time with guys and gals in the field. Have fun

Jimmy
10-31-2007, 07:38 PM
but have you ever been to Dothan?

Yep, and didn't stay long either......... [smilie=eusa_sick.gif]

Falcon Boy
10-31-2007, 07:48 PM
Welcome to the boards. Don't worry, you aren't young by much, i'm 19 [smilie=smileys13.gif]

College and falconry work well together. I chose my college(s) [i transferred] because of falconry, probably not the brightest move but hey i have fun and get to fly my bird at least 4 days a week a majority of the time.

Good luck studying for your test. Personally i'd think GED test might be a little more important.. but hey just rock em' both

Lunaries
10-31-2007, 08:26 PM

Happy hunting.

Welcome Amber:

Amber:
I am glad to hear you plan on enrolling in college in the Spring, you will never regret it. Do not worry about the exam. To much is made of it. Do some reading and spend some time with guys and gals in the field. Have fun

Oh, certainly not. I'm just glad I'll be going. But aw, nah. I'm worried about the GED and Falconry Exam more or less the same, but the SAT/ACT? That's the one to worry about. [smilie=eusa_sick.gif] Glad I've got another year before I'll be able to trap, to say the least. ;)

Lunaries
10-31-2007, 08:27 PM
but have you ever been to Dothan?

Yep, and didn't stay long either......... [smilie=eusa_sick.gif]

I hear ya. I stayed about a year and a half too long, myself. Yuck.

Lunaries
10-31-2007, 08:31 PM
Welcome to the boards. Don't worry, you aren't young by much, i'm 19 [smilie=smileys13.gif]

College and falconry work well together. I chose my college(s) [i transferred] because of falconry, probably not the brightest move but hey i have fun and get to fly my bird at least 4 days a week a majority of the time.

Good luck studying for your test. Personally i'd think GED test might be a little more important.. but hey just rock em' both

Thanks! But hey, great! Glad to hear that. Not QUITE as much in the minority. [smilie=smileys13.gif]

I didn't think they would, actually! Excellent. I'll be glad if it works out that way for me -- but hey, so what if it's not the brightest move? Least you're IN college, eh? That's gotta be all that counts.

Oh yeah. Probably a wee bit more important, yanno, considering it's...pretty significant in my future. :P Ha. But I know most of what's on it at least, so I'm pretty okay with it I think. Just gotta brush up on my Algebra. [smilie=eusa_sick.gif]

Falcon Boy
10-31-2007, 08:35 PM
Well if you're as big a math fan as I you might enjoy this-

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_1D7thFoicM

punch&judy
11-01-2007, 03:04 AM
hi and a big welcome from the uk

sevristh
11-01-2007, 07:32 AM
Welcome aboard Amber!

Lunaries
11-02-2007, 01:46 PM
Well if you're as big a math fan as I you might enjoy this-

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_1D7thFoicM

HA. That's about how much I love it, yep~ [smilie=icon_thumright.gif]

Lunaries
11-02-2007, 01:47 PM
hi and a big welcome from the uk

Hey! :) Thanks.

Lunaries
11-02-2007, 01:48 PM
Welcome aboard Amber!

Thank you! :) Glad to be here.

Bodarc
11-05-2007, 07:45 AM
Heyy Amber

Since all of us falconers like to give advice....here's my two cents worth:

GET OUT QUICK !!!

It's highly addictive and habit forming.....Just say "NO" or else you'll spend the rest of your life making little hats and outfits for your Master or her Highness. [smilie=icon_pray.gif] You'll be daydreaming and skipping school or work to run and check on her, then tucking her in at night to make sure she's nice and warm and comfy. You'll get up at ungodly hours to tramp through swamps, brier patches and weeds just to watch her catch something like a mouse or grasshopper. Your closest friends will be mosquitoes and sweat. Then when you think everything is perfect, she'll look at you like she doesn't even know you and fly up into a tree while you're on the ground begging and looking like this: [smilie=dontknow.gif]

On top of that, you meet this crazy bunch of folks that have nothing to do but lie, tell tall tales and act like this all night [smilie=icon_pidu.gif]

Take up something important and interesting like golf so you can spend your days out on a nice manicured lawn, pushing little round balls around with a stick. [smilie=eusa_think.gif] hmmmmmm on second thought, study hard for the test, then you can wake up at ridiculous hours like me at 4:30 am, check on your bird and log in to see if anyone has posted a possible hint that might be just the thing you've been looking for. [smilie=banana.gif]

Chuckle....welcome aboard Amber!

[smilie=icon_toilet.gif]

kimmerar
11-05-2007, 08:43 AM
[smilie=eusa_clap.gif]

Lunaries
11-05-2007, 02:41 PM
Ha! But that all sounds obscenely fun! [smilie=icon_pidu.gif]

I think I'll take the first one. Yanno, the wake-up-before-the-sun-considers-it one. Perhaps I'm mad. But then, aren't we all a little mad?

Thanks so much for the welcome. I can't wait to get out there and watch my dear ole' King or Queen catch grasshoppers and look at me like I'm some alien life form not worth noting! ;)

chamokane
11-06-2007, 03:07 AM
Ha! But that all sounds obscenely fun! [smilie=icon_pidu.gif]

I think I'll take the first one. Yanno, the wake-up-before-the-sun-considers-it one. Perhaps I'm mad. But then, aren't we all a little mad?

Thanks so much for the welcome. I can't wait to get out there and watch my dear ole' King or Queen catch grasshoppers and look at me like I'm some alien life form not worth noting! ;)

After about twenty years, it starts to get a little better.

Welcome, and have fun.

Lunaries
11-06-2007, 03:08 PM
After about twenty years, it starts to get a little better.

Welcome, and have fun.

Takes about that long, does it? Weeell, I'm patient. ;)

Thanks! I'll try. [smilie=icon_thumright.gif]