PDA

View Full Version : New member from Scotland

Alistair McKissock
03-09-2011, 01:13 PM
Hi all. Just joined up. I fly and breed Peregrines. My thing is game hawking over pointers and quarry normally grouse (red), grey partridge and pheasants. I have flown hybrids at gulls for clearance work and find that an interesting and varied break from gamehawking.
Gordie on here is a mate who told me about this forum,
regards Alistair

everetkhorton
03-09-2011, 01:31 PM
(welc) Alistair: Sounds like you are having a good time flying your falcons. If you go to the User CP you can have your name added auto, first name is good. We also like pictures of landscape along with your birds,dogs etc. Enjoy the site.

gordie
03-09-2011, 02:36 PM
hi alistair
welcome to the forum,as you will see it is a first class forum,great storys pictures and very helpfull with advice,i'll have to put up some photos if i can remember how to confusedd.
gordon.

sharptail
03-09-2011, 06:44 PM
Welcome Alistair!

outhawkn
03-09-2011, 06:50 PM
(welc) to America....LOL

Dakota
03-09-2011, 06:57 PM
Scotland, Peregrines, Pointers, Red Grouse, doesn't get much better than that!
(welc)

Tony James
03-09-2011, 07:43 PM
Scotland, Peregrines, Pointers, Red Grouse, doesn't get much better than that!
(welc)

Hi Forrest, it does get better --- you could enjoy it all in Alistair's company!

Welcome Alistair. You'll enjoy it here. Some lovely people (like Forrest) with some great insight to share.

Best wishes,

Tony.

Alistair McKissock
03-10-2011, 05:08 AM
Feels like a breath of fresh air. Hope I can contribute somethimg of interest

Pete Kent
03-10-2011, 08:27 AM
Hi Alistair, looks like we have very similar interests.

nebli
03-10-2011, 10:36 AM
Hi Alistair, looks like we have very similar interests.
are you talking of wisky?http://www.nafex.net//images/icons/icon12.gif
welcome Alistair sure you will enjoy this forum enormously.
best regards
juan

mainefalconer
03-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Alistair,
I think I've seen photos of you out hawking hare with a gos. Could it be you? While I was visiting with Steve Ford one day (I used to work for him and Emma) he whipped out some pictures of his buddy "Alistair." In any event, welcome to NAFEX. There are some good gamehawkers on here. And say hello to Scotland for me. It's been too long since I've been hawking over there. (but not too long since I sipped a glass of Lagavulin!);)

Alistair McKissock
03-10-2011, 01:27 PM
Alistair,
I think I've seen photos of you out hawking hare with a gos. Could it be you? While I was visiting with Steve Ford one day (I used to work for him and Emma) he whipped out some pictures of his buddy "Alistair." In any event, welcome to NAFEX. There are some good gamehawkers on here. And say hello to Scotland for me. It's been too long since I've been hawking over there. (but not too long since I sipped a glass of Lagavulin!);)
Scot, Hi there. I can't really remember being out with Steve with a gos although I had one a while back, mind you my memory isn't the best. I've had occassion to speak with Steve and Emma a few times, as a matter of fact I sold them their first decent working pointer, a lemon and white dog which was in one of Emma's first falconry books. I still have a falcon Emma bred and kindly gave me. Look forward to getting to know some of you guys.

B C
03-10-2011, 02:35 PM
Its a really good forum Alastair with some really useful information and interesting falconry tales. Much better than a certain UK forum that has rather gone downhill lately if you get my drift?

Bernie

MadAustringer
03-11-2011, 08:46 PM
(welc) Alistair, it sounds like you are flying in a seriously picturesque local in fine style. right on. Looking forward to reading about your exploits.

Oh, and hey, Scott?!? I never knew you worked for Steve and Emma?!!? Geez man, you always seem to gloss over your time in the UK. I used to dream of working for Steve and Emma. I demand some details.

Great Hawking y'all

AirAssault
03-12-2011, 02:00 PM
(welc) Welcome Alistair glad to see another good member to NAFex send some pic's.
Bill

Greg
03-12-2011, 02:05 PM
Hi Alistair,
Welcome to a good forum!

Alistair McKissock
03-12-2011, 04:15 PM
(welc) Welcome Alistair glad to see another good member to NAFex send some pic's.
Bill

Thanks Bill, wish I could send some pics. Seems my account wont allow it?frus)

Elinay
03-13-2011, 06:23 AM
Welcome! :D

Tony James
03-13-2011, 08:17 AM
Thanks Bill, wish I could send some pics. Seems my account wont allow it?frus)

Hi Alistair,

I've discovered that you need to open a photobucket thingy:eek: Don't ask me how, but I think I've done it --- and if I can, anyone cantoungeout

Best wishes,

Tony.

KidK
03-13-2011, 11:14 AM
http://www.nafex.net/showpost.php?p=21304&postcount=1

Alistair McKissock
03-13-2011, 12:43 PM
http://www.nafex.net/showpost.php?p=21304&postcount=1

Thanks for that Kory