PDA

View Full Version : The New Marshall Radio RT Turbo Transmitter

Gyrcel
03-13-2011, 01:41 PM
I've been testing the new Marshall Radio RT Turbo transmitter. I have been using one for about 3 months now. I'm thrilled with its durability and performance. I'm using the 216 and 218 MHz transmitters with a 13 inch antenna but are available in 433 and 434 MHz with a 7 1/2 inch antenna. In the 216 MHz through 219 MHz Marshall uses the longer antenna on both the RT Turbo and the RT Standard. The reason for that is to get the maximum output from the transmitter. I know with a 13 inch antenna it sounds long but using a TrackPack it hardly goes past the end of the tail feathers. The New Marshall Radio RT Turbo has about 4 times the power of a Power Max Transmitter... The Relative Power of Marshall Radio Transmitters ( Scout + 4 db ),( RT Plus +5 db ), ( PowerMax +8 db ), ( RT Standard +11 db ) and the( RT Turbo + 17 db ). I have just completed a duration test at room temperature. With a fresh battery I got 24 hrs at high power before it goes into the Apollo mode, then 9 more days of continuous running in the Apollo mode. The freezer test at -10 F, I got 7 days of continuous running but it would never be that cold under the birds feathers. They are pushing the output to the maximum and still getting that kind of duration... Because it is a Marshall transmitter most settings can be programed to fit a special need. Some of the settings that can be changed include, low battery alarm, pulse speed and length as well as frequency within the original frequency band. The new Marshall Radio RT Turbo is the most powerful falconry transmitter on the market that I know of. For all of you who are flying big ranging longwings, this is the one for you.

kimmerar
03-13-2011, 03:26 PM
No price listed for the Turbo - what's it selling for?

dliepe
09-23-2011, 03:34 PM
This product looks like a game changer. The flashing strobe intrigues me. Does anyone think this has the potential to save birds from owls? Visible to a 1/2 mile.

frootdog
09-23-2011, 08:21 PM
This product looks like a game changer. The flashing strobe intrigues me. Does anyone think this has the potential to save birds from owls? Visible to a 1/2 mile.

\Where are you seeing anything about flashing strobe?

FredFogg
09-23-2011, 08:31 PM
The flashing strobe intrigues me. Does anyone think this has the potential to save birds from owls? Visible to a 1/2 mile.

Or becomes a dinner bell for the owl? Not sure a flashing strobe is a good idea unless you can remotely turn it on and off.

Tanner
09-23-2011, 10:19 PM
I demoed the RT Turbo in 433 MHz and yes, wicked powerful. I decided against it for my tiercel shaheen because it crossed my mental boundary for "too big" for this particular bird. For anything larger, it would be the best insurance available, awesome transmitter.

dliepe
09-23-2011, 11:12 PM
Marshall posted a video on Facebook. Check it out. Says it is visible for a 1/2 mile. I know how bells may attract an owl, but do you think this would attract them as well? We always find owls in the dark abandoned farmsteads out west and worry when we fly near one or lose a bird near one, because you know there are owls in just about every one. My female bound to one on a duck flight when it flushed underneath her. Old farmstead with shelterbelt near the pond.
I would think the strobe would freak them a bit.....could be wrong.

Chris L.
09-24-2011, 07:37 AM
I moved this thread to the Marshall Section. Maybe Robert will see and make a comment.