PDA

View Full Version : Hello from SC Lowcountry.

catersun
04-03-2011, 10:03 PM
Hello-

My name is Jacqui. I'm beginning the education or indoctrination as it seems after reading the boards;). I live 30 minutes inland of Myrtle Beach, SC where my husband and children have a small hobby farm. We have quite a few regular raptors that visit the farm or call our trees home and after watching them for the year and a half I wanted to learn more, after learning more, I decided that learning the art of falconry is something I want to add to my bucket list. I have a few years before I'll have the time to devote, but that doesn't mean I can't start learning now. I plan to shut up and read- and learn, but I hope you will all be patient with my occasional question.

BTW, if there is a falconer in my general area, I'd be happy to beat the brush for you and pick your brain, or just listen to your stories. I make a mean cup of coffee and there is hardly a thing I can't cook.

Jacqui Shaw Loris, SC

everetkhorton
04-04-2011, 08:15 AM
(welc)Jacqui:
You have to be very careful in regards to falconry, it has a tendency to jump out and get you. It can become very addictive. There is a thread just for up and comming falconer's on this forum. Have fun and enjoy the ride.

Dirthawking
04-04-2011, 08:39 AM
Jacqui, welcome to NAFEX. Please have a look around. Lots of information to be found here. Feel free to let the moderating team know if you need anything.

YARAK191
04-04-2011, 11:29 AM
Im just around the corner in Calabash NC. There are two guys in pauley's island n my apprentice is in my town. I dont have any birds right now. Let redtails go couple months ago. Going to be pulling a gh owlet on may first. Im also buying a HH in july.

Yarak
04-05-2011, 12:28 PM
Topgun is out your way. You may shoot him a PM. I am a bit remote, Chester. I will be trapping a Red_tail this year if all goes as planned. The last i kept for 14 seasons.
Keith

catersun
04-05-2011, 01:19 PM
Hi!- Topgun shot me a PM. He's just around the corner from me :) I'll be sending him an email as soon as I get a chance.

Thanks for the welcomes! I'm working my way through the modern apprentice website.

Jacqui

catersun
04-18-2011, 07:44 AM
My packet arrived- One half step closer ;)

hawkguy1
04-20-2011, 04:56 PM
(welc) Jacqui have a great time on this awsome site!