PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Maryland

hajinu
05-19-2011, 09:41 AM
Hello,
My name is Andre and I am an Apprentice class Falconer in Maryland. I trapped my first partner in Nov. 2010, a passage male Red-tailed Hawk. Hope to learn a lot on the forums (i like to read).

Red-tail71
05-19-2011, 11:53 AM
Hey Andre welcome! Where do you live in Md. I am on the Eastern Shore

bellerophon
05-19-2011, 12:13 PM
Hey hey! We keep this up maybe we'll have enough members to start our own club lol
(welc)

hajinu
05-19-2011, 12:14 PM
I am in Montgomery county.

Red-tail71
05-19-2011, 01:42 PM
Cool! Thats rite Lee sounds like the M.F.C. in the making! Welcome again Andre! Hope to hear and see a lot from you in the future! Take care

falcobrusa
06-14-2011, 07:04 PM
Hello,

My name is Marcus.
I'm currently living in Brazil, where a I fly a captive bred female aplomado falcon, but I'm moving to Maryland, Anne Arundel county, on this July.
I've already contacted Maryland DNS for aplying for a falconer license and I'd like to contact local falconers in order to learn how you hawk there.
Best regards,

Marcus

MarkT
06-14-2011, 07:49 PM
Do you plan on bring your aplomado with you when you make the move north? Have you look into what is involved in doing that?

falcobrusa
06-14-2011, 08:07 PM
Hello, Mark.

I don't plan to take my aplomado with me. Although I was told by the DNS that it could bepossible, I know it's not an easy task.
But I'd really like to fly a falcon there if it's possible.

Ken S.
06-14-2011, 11:28 PM
Hello,
My name is Andre and I am an Apprentice class Falconer in Maryland. I trapped my first partner in Nov. 2010, a passage male Red-tailed Hawk. Hope to learn a lot on the forums (i like to read).

Welcome to nafex!

Ken S.
06-14-2011, 11:31 PM
Hello,

My name is Marcus.
I'm currently living in Brazil, where a I fly a captive bred female aplomado falcon, but I'm moving to Maryland, Anne Arundel county, on this July.
I've already contacted Maryland DNS for aplying for a falconer license and I'd like to contact local falconers in order to learn how you hawk there.
Best regards,

Marcus

Welcome to Nafex, (and Maryland) Marcus. I'm in Cecil county, and would love to talk to you about aplomados some time.

joemac
07-29-2011, 07:12 PM
I'm from Maryland as well. St. Mary's County. I am not an apprentice yet but hope to find a sponsor in the near future. I am considering a relocation to the Eastern Shore to finish my degree. I'd be all for forming a MD falconers or hawkers group as the original seems to have disbanded.

GONEHAWKN
07-29-2011, 07:52 PM
The Potomac Falconers Association, i can assure you, is still alive and kicking in Maryland.

joemac
07-29-2011, 09:20 PM
Is there any way to be notified when there is any activity; ie meets, hunts etc. I'd like to get involved but there is an added level of difficulty since I can't find anybody active in my locale.