View Full Version : Onward to Kentucky!

krazieness_2
06-16-2011, 04:35 PM
Hi everyone, its been quite awhile since I have been on here. been bouncing around states and homes and what not. but never lost my love of Birds of Prey and falconry.
I have aquired 2000+ hours of Bird of Prey experience at my zoo. free flying, lure training,flight training, feeding and weight. From small mississippi kites to large and angry female bald eagles. even got to work with a Andian(sp?) Condor, that is something I will always cherish.-I am the only volunteer that is advanced enough to do these things-
I have been there to help when we get a new bird to training him to free fly. I know how to catch up, and cope(with supervision for my comfortablility).
I know how to make all the equipment I need(for the most part).
and I know a friend thats a general falconer(he is in Montana though /: )
Now Im really not trying to brag I am just very proud to have this much knowledge and experience(and Im not even an apprentice yet). and I really hope to continue to learn more for the rest of my life.
I have been in Tampa but am moving to Somerset Kentucky which is 2 hours south of Lexington and am hopeing to meet up with some falconers sometime and go out and get more "field" experience.
Any advice is very much appreciated like always!

And I have a Jack Russel- Beagle mix that I would love to learn how to hunt!

Thanks!

Amy,
Tampa FL, Somerset KY next week!

krazieness_2
06-19-2011, 02:20 PM
So no one in KY?

wideopenspacesgirl
06-19-2011, 02:34 PM
Hi Amy!

I grew up in Northern Kentucky, right outside of Cincinnati but have spent a little time in that part of the state, sadly not as a falconer. I only took that up when I got to California. When you get settled somewhere in KY get in touch and I'll give you some contact info that I have for a few falconers there. Good luck in your move.

Best
Lisa Cherry

Todd Brown
06-19-2011, 05:51 PM
Hi Amy,

I'm from Ky....been in California for the past year but headed back home in a week....Ya Hoo!!!

We have two clubs in Ky. right now, one in Northern Ky. which is already established. They have an elected Prez and VP and so on.

The other, which I am the unofficial President ,is in the Louisville area.

We will join the other club when I get back. We might have 50 falconers in Ky.including apprentices.

Kentucky Falconers Association is probably going to be the name...that was the old one.

Our club actually had a website kentuckyfalconersassociation.com. I'm not sure it's up and running though.

When I get back...I will get these things more organized.

Good Luck! in our state and maybe I'll see you sometime.

michaelberan
06-19-2011, 07:20 PM
When I get back...I will get these things more organized.

Hey Todd,

I'd like to talk to you about the Kentucky Falconers, e-mail me at beran.michael@gmail.com or text me at 3185722594