PDA

View Full Version : Smart phone app....

Dirthawking
08-03-2011, 10:39 PM
I was wondering if anybody here knows how to develope smart phone (droid specifically) apps. I want somebody to help make the fed regs and all states into a smart phone app for ease of looking up regs while hunting and traveling from state to state.

I know diddly squat about writing apps.......

.....anybody?

sniperpilot
08-03-2011, 10:57 PM
Pretty sure there are free programs online that will help you develop an app. I know ther are for the iPhone.

JRedig
08-03-2011, 11:21 PM
Aren't they available in a .pdf?

Betelgeuse
08-04-2011, 02:49 AM
This is a very cool idea. I like the idea of having up to date regs available to present to any F&G inquirer. We always keep copies with us but they can get lost etc.

FredFogg
08-04-2011, 07:14 AM
Just save the regs in the form your smart phone reads easily (iPhone reads and saves PDF's in iBooks). Or just use your smart phone browser to go to the regs and then save it in your browsers Favorites. Not really a need for an app but then again, is there a need for Angry Birds (highest selling app on iPhone). LOL

okaive
08-04-2011, 07:37 AM
Hey, don't diss on the angry birds. Have to have something to do while waiting an hour at the doctors office.

JChavez
08-04-2011, 09:24 AM
I have a friend that might do it, but we would have to get all the info together for him. He is the coolest nerd I have ever met lol
He just made an iPhone app for our local EMS protocol. Very easy to navigate the app I'm sure he could do something similair with the regs. Like I said we would have to give him all the info ect..so if everyone is willing to gather the info I will talk to him about it.

FredFogg
08-04-2011, 09:33 AM
I have a friend that might do it, but we would have to get all the info together for him. He is the coolest nerd I have ever met lol
He just made an iPhone app for our local EMS protocol. Very easy to navigate the app I'm sure he could do something similair with the regs. Like I said we would have to give him all the info ect..so if everyone is willing to gather the info I will talk to him about it.

Ask him to download my Falconry Log program and make it into an iPhone app. Tell him to change it so folks can have multiple entries for each day instead of just one like I have and tell him to make it so folks can add pictures. Have him email me (fredfogg@live.com) if he has any questions about the program. I don't know how to do smart phone apps but would love to learn how. Here is a link to the thread with the Falconry Log program.

http://www.nafex.net/showthread.php?t=5914

JChavez
08-04-2011, 09:38 AM
Sounds good Fred, I will ask him. I'll post what he says

RLD
08-04-2011, 10:50 AM
And also have him make it available on the Android market. Thanks.

moredtailboy
08-04-2011, 12:25 PM
Forget droid iPhone all the way! Lol

Icantmove
08-04-2011, 10:15 PM
Would you mind asking him to be sure modules can be programmed for whatever app he develops?

I'd figure out how to do it myself if I didn't already have enough projects. I need to learn Java better anyway ...

shutterdawg
11-30-2011, 03:19 PM
Anything come of this?

I use a spreadsheet on my iPhone but it'd be nice to have a dedicated app. I was going to ask a cow-orker to make one but if someone's already doing it...