PDA

View Full Version : NAFEX.net hotel discount- Vernal Utah

Chris L.
08-29-2011, 10:54 AM
Hey Guys,

Since the meet hotel was full I did some checking around. I was able to get a pretty good discount at a hotel in Vernal. I thought it was a pretty good price and it had good reviews on trip advisor.

There is also a mexican restaurant attached to the hotel, that should be reason enough to book there !!! beeer

Call and ask for the NAFEX.net falconers discount.

Here are the rates

Single- 55
Double- 59
Triple- 69

Have a look at it http://www.vernalmotels.com/

The hotel is the Sage motel. The rooms are newly renovated and they are all non-smoking rooms. They do have a limited number of rooms as the hotel is small. It looks like a lot of fun. I hope to see a few of you there.

I forgot, they are pet friendly!!!

Chris L.
08-29-2011, 12:02 PM
I forgot to mention, if you are not going to bring a pet just book online it will be cheaper. I negotiated the rates for a pet friendly room and they opened more pet friendly rooms for us.

Chris L.
08-31-2011, 08:08 PM
BTT.. for those who may have missed it

Chris L.
09-06-2011, 11:04 AM
BTT...

Ken S.
09-06-2011, 01:16 PM
Nice work Chris! I just called and got my room. Good deal!

Chris L.
09-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Nice work Chris! I just called and got my room. Good deal!

Sweet! Glad to help. It would be cool if we filled it with NAFEX members. I have a cold one with your name on it.

This year is going to be fun!

passagejack
09-06-2011, 02:33 PM
Made my reservations this morning as well! Look forward to meeting you all!

Chris L.
09-06-2011, 02:39 PM
Made my reservations this morning as well! Look forward to meeting you all!

Thats great! This meet is getting better and better! I look forward to meeting you Jerremy!

See you guys soon!

Cetanwin
09-06-2011, 02:51 PM
Thanks Chris i booked ours too.
Brenda Russell

Chris L.
09-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Thanks Chris i booked ours too.
Brenda Russell

My pleasure Brenda, it great to see members using the discount. I look forward to meeting you guys. When are you getting to Vernal?

How about you Jerremy and Ken?

passagejack
09-06-2011, 04:31 PM
My pleasure Brenda, it great to see members using the discount. I look forward to meeting you guys. When are you getting to Vernal?

How about you Jerremy and Ken?

I should be getting there on Sunday night and staying til Friday morning.

Cetanwin
09-06-2011, 04:49 PM
we will be getting there on sunday and leaving on saturday. we look forward to meeting everyone too.

Chris L.
09-07-2011, 10:24 PM
Great guys, I look forward to it. Be safe in your travels

Chris L.
09-10-2011, 01:39 PM
Weekend Bump...

mainefalconer
09-10-2011, 02:44 PM
Just decided today....
I'll be at The Sage with you folks.
Looking forward to it.
See y'all there!
beeerbeeer

Chris L.
09-10-2011, 02:53 PM
Just decided today....
Looking forward to it.
See y'all there!
beeerbeeer

Scott thats Awesome clapp! This is going to be a blast. I wonder how many rooms are left?

I'm Looking forward to seeing you there!

DLemieux
09-10-2011, 05:05 PM
Just decided today....
Looking forward to it.
See y'all there!
beeerbeeer

Have you figured out your roomie situation? Or should I just book my room now?

mainefalconer
09-10-2011, 05:13 PM
Darren,
I've been stirring up some ideas.... PM headed your way! ;)

SimoneBird
09-11-2011, 10:32 AM
I booked a room at the Sage a week ago then 2 days ago they said they had no rooms left and I was on the waiting list!! Did they have rooms avail. yesterday? Hope I can get a room. I'm not sure what other hotel to look into.. Official hotel is kinda pricey for me. Any ideas if Sage doesn't work? Where are others staying that are in the $50-60/night range?

Chris L.
09-11-2011, 10:54 AM
I booked a room at the Sage a week ago then 2 days ago they said they had no rooms left and I was on the waiting list!! Did they have rooms avail. yesterday? Hope I can get a room. I'm not sure what other hotel to look into.. Official hotel is kinda pricey for me. Any ideas if Sage doesn't work? Where are others staying that are in the $50-60/night range?

Simone,

I am sorry the sage is full. I wish it was bigger.

Keep calling the sage and see if anyone cancels. It is a long way from now, I am sure someone will

COMEAUX
09-11-2011, 11:04 AM

Simone,

Did they give you a conformation #? If so I and some one else got a room after you did then they tell you they don't have any I would call and raise a lot of HELL!box2 but thats just me:D

Chris

Chad L.
09-27-2011, 12:25 PM

I was able to make reservations for a triple room right around this same time you were trying to get a reservation. It was a bit like a who's on first skit but managed to get the room. We went round and round about whether or not there was or was not a room available. It took almost 20 minuets to actually get the front desk person to make the reservationcrazyy.

It was something along the lines of.

Me.. So you DO have a room available for these dates?

Her.. Yes

Me.. OK, i'd like to reserve the room then.

Her.. It's not available

Me.. I thought you said it was available?

Her.. It is but not until November

Me.. Thats perfect. Thats when i want to make the reservation for.

Her.. Ok, call back around November first

Me.. Call back?

Her.. To make sure the room is available

Me.. Can't i make the reservation now so i will know it's available in November?

Her.. I'll have to check and see what the availability of the room will be.

Me.. HUH?

This went on for quite a while.

I would keep trying. I just got a phone message from them asking to make sure noneof the other guests were double booking so i'm not sure what they are up too over there.

SimoneBird
09-27-2011, 11:42 PM
Whew, got a room at the Sage! It was also like a who's on first skit. They kept calling me Shannon so I gave up trying to tell them my name was Simone but the room is under my last name and cell phone number so that's good. I ran into problems trying to make reservations at other hotels in Vernal as well. Actually pretty darn frustrating. I almost gave up but the Sage called me today to say I DEFINITELY had a room (I asked twice). Woohoo! I'll be staying with the gang! I'll be coming to the meet with two apprentices and a few red-tails, coops, barbary and a gaggle of jack/beagles. Woohoo! Can't wait to see ya'll.

Chris L.
09-28-2011, 09:43 AM
Whew, got a room at the Sage! It was also like a who's on first skit. They kept calling me Shannon so I gave up trying to tell them my name was Simone but the room is under my last name and cell phone number so that's good. I ran into problems trying to make reservations at other hotels in Vernal as well. Actually pretty darn frustrating. I almost gave up but the Sage called me today to say I DEFINITELY had a room (I asked twice). Woohoo! I'll be staying with the gang! I'll be coming to the meet with two apprentices and a few red-tails, coops, barbary and a gaggle of jack/beagles. Woohoo! Can't wait to see ya'll.

clapp Thats great! I am not sure why it has been so hard. I may call the manager and ask her what the deal is? It should be pretty straight forward crazyy.

I am sorry for all the trouble everyone has had getting a room. Its so strange???

I am looking forward to meeting you.

Be safe in your travels

Chris

SimoneBird
09-28-2011, 11:56 AM
Everyone at the Sage has been really nice -just kind of confusing. Ha. The other two hotels I called in Vernal I couldn't even understand what was going on. My friend also tried to call and make a reservation at Rodeway Inn and got nowhere. Strange! Oh well. I am just so relieved I have a room now!

mainefalconer
09-28-2011, 07:51 PM
Simone, Glad to hear you'll be with all of us at the Sage!! Looking forward to doing some hawking with you. It's been too long!! :D

SimoneBird
09-28-2011, 08:49 PM
Scott-I cannot wait!!! rtsqrl

Chad L.
09-28-2011, 08:52 PM
Everyone at the Sage has been really nice -just kind of confusing. Ha.

This is a very fair statement. Just a bit of language barrier but they have been accomidating once you get through that.

I look forward to meeting you all during the meet. It should be fun to have this many falconers in one of the "non meet" hotels/motels.

I guess i'll have to turn in my Gypsy Hawkers patch because i pussed out and got a room. After looking at what my tent time for sept, oct and early Nov looked like a nice warm room with a resturant sounded pretty good.

Chris L.
11-16-2011, 11:24 PM
Hey guys I made it to vernal tonight. It was a great drive from NM to here. The scenery was breath taking.

The Sage is right in the middle of main St. It is in walking distance to 3 restaurants and a bar. beeer I'm happy with it.

I look forward to seeing everyone. Please be safe

Im Doing some hunting in the morning... I can't wait

Chad L.
11-17-2011, 11:33 AM
Just in case anyone is still looking for a room share in Vernal. Turns out I am not going to be able to make it to Vernal and had reserved a triple at the sage.

As of now two of my freinds are still going to make it so this leaves an available bed in the triple room.

If anyone has a need or want to room share just send me a PM and i can give you the contact information.

Have fun everyone,

NMHighPlains
11-17-2011, 12:08 PM
Hey guys I made it to vernal tonight. It was a great drive from NM to here. The scenery was breath taking.

What route did you take?

frootdog
11-17-2011, 05:38 PM
Here at the Sage. Ran into Chris Lynn at the Wally World this morning. Lazy bum bought his license and walked outside and started hunting the field behind WalMart. We got in at 7:30am and went right out hawking.

mainefalconer
11-17-2011, 06:01 PM
Good for you boys! I wish I was there with you! Will be soon..... I snuck out this morning here in Maine and killed my last duck until I return from Vernal. Leaving early Saturday to fly out there and join you.