PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Massachusetts

marinegordon
09-17-2011, 12:50 AM
Hi folks thought if introduce myself since I spend just about every night reading these forums. my names Marshall im from MA I'm am aspiring apprentice in the snail mailing/trying to get to a meet phase to find a sponser, I've also bought and red about 6 of the recommended apprentice guides off miles and western sporting websites.

About me let's see im 25 former marine currently in the national guard and I work at a maximum security prison. I have a wonderful girlfriend a 4 year old amd one on the way. I've wanted to do falconry for as long as I can remember and now being financialy able to suppot it on my own i figure its a good time to start. Also posting this will serve as a kick in the butt when things get busy and I need to focus on the prize. anyway I hope to be flying a red tail in the next 2 or so years and possibley hunting with some of you

Regards

Marshall

Tom Scheib
09-17-2011, 08:07 AM
Welcome to NAFEX. Good people here. I spent 23, 60-83, as a jarhead.

Semper Fi,

marinegordon
09-17-2011, 01:25 PM
thank you sir! Semper Fi

frootdog
09-18-2011, 01:47 PM
thank you sir! Semper Fi

(welc) aboard. Thanks for your service. Do not forget to sign every post with your first name. You can make a signature in the user cp to do it automatically so you don't forget. One of the only forum rules.:D

Keith Denman
09-18-2011, 02:33 PM
Welcome aboard and hopefully you will be flying and hunting quick. Good luck.

marinegordon
09-18-2011, 11:59 PM
Thank you for the welcome I think i just fixed my signature let's see

mainefalconer
09-19-2011, 07:53 AM
Marshall,

Welcome to NAFEX, and welcome also to the New England falconry scene. I hope you're able to get out hawking with some of us this coming season. It'll give you a good representation of what you're getting into.
You should give serious consideration to joining the Mass Falconry & Hawk Trust, and NAFA.

JeffNH
09-19-2011, 08:22 AM
Hello from New Hampshire...Welcome.

marinegordon
09-19-2011, 10:49 AM
Hi scott and Jeff thanks for the welcome, i will definatley be joining mfht and nafa when I'm able

mainefalconer
09-19-2011, 10:41 PM
Glad to hear it! You absolutely wont regret being a part of either organization. I hope to see you in the field at some point.