PDA

View Full Version : New from NJ

1stIDFO
11-18-2011, 02:47 PM
Hey all, I'm about as new to the idea/sport of Falconry as possible, in my area I don't think many people could even guess what it is lol...What I do know is Falconry isnt like picking up a set of golf clubs and giving it a go. Hoping to get some information about Falconry here in NJ. I'd love to meet up or tag along with some experienced Falconers if possible. It'd be awesome to observe and get even a rough idea of whats involved!! Thanks!!

ptotten
11-18-2011, 04:17 PM
Hi there Glen,
What part of NJ are you from? The New Jersey Falconry Club will be having our annual feild meet in Eatontown this year...is that anywhere near you? Most people ANYWHERE don't really know much about falconry. I'm always pleasantly surprised to find a person who has heard of it. My husband and I are in Cape May County, all the way down at the tip of New Jersey. If that's too far for you to come beat some brush, maybe another New Jerseyan will chime in here on the forum and offer to have you join them on a hunt. We are just getting the season under way with 3 Red Tails and an imprint Coop.

JeffNH
11-18-2011, 04:32 PM
Welcome aboard.

1stIDFO
11-18-2011, 04:41 PM
Hi there Glen,
What part of NJ are you from? The New Jersey Falconry Club will be having our annual feild meet in Eatontown this year...is that anywhere near you? Most people ANYWHERE don't really know much about falconry. I'm always pleasantly surprised to find a person who has heard of it. My husband and I are in Cape May County, all the way down at the tip of New Jersey. If that's too far for you to come beat some brush, maybe another New Jerseyan will chime in here on the forum and offer to have you join them on a hunt. We are just getting the season under way with 3 Red Tails and an imprint Coop.

Awesome!! I'm up in Passaic county, Eatontown is only about an hour from me according to googlemaps , which is more than reasonable for a chance at observing! Cape May is gonna be a stretch for me! lol When is the field meet? What should I expect? Thanks alot for the response!!!!

1stIDFO
11-18-2011, 04:42 PM
Thanks Jeff!

ptotten
11-18-2011, 05:17 PM
Well, not until the first wknd in Feb. Hopefully, some of the NJ falconers closer to you who are on Nafex will chime in soon. Leaving work now to start my wknd. Woo Hoo! Ttyl

Hawkingcolorado
11-18-2011, 06:14 PM
Welcome,
I grew up in West Milford......:D