PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to the new states ready for reg changes in 2012

FredFogg
11-30-2011, 06:42 PM
It has been posted in the Federal Register the new states that will be in compliance with the new regs come January 1, 2012 and these states new regs will all go into effect. Congrats to Indiana, Iowa, Nebraska, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Tennessee, Virginia, and Wyoming.
clapp clapp clapp

Yeah, NC is one of them!

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2011-11-21/pdf/2011-29829.pdf

This is also posted in the Breaking News for Members on the NAFA website.

There is also some wording for corrections which I haven't looked over yet, so hopefully, there isn't any big surprises in there. I will look them over tonight at work.

redtailsrule
11-30-2011, 07:39 PM
I sure wish California was on that list...

AdamS
11-30-2011, 08:08 PM
Glad IN is on there. Congrats to the IFA and our DNR for all their hard work!

wyodjm
11-30-2011, 08:33 PM
It is true that Wyoming will begin to administer the new regulations as of January, 2012. However, with one exception. The feds have decided to continue to micromanage the take of eagles from the wild for falconry purposes in Wyoming, the only state that has had eagle trapping.

The USFWS wants to take over and dominate the conditions in which a depredation area can be delclared and make it so labor intensive for livestock producers who are actually experiencing eagle depredation that the program will just go away. The landowners won't want to jump through all the hoops. They also won't want the lability. If there aren't any declared depredation areas, falconers won't even be trapping six eagles. The USFWS wins. Problen solved, eagle trapping disappears.

The whole thing is just going go away in the next few years. Right before our eyes. Passage eagles. Once we lose them, I seriously doubt we'll ever get them back.

frootdog
11-30-2011, 09:41 PM
Once we lose them, I seriously doubt we'll ever get them back.

Wasn't take suspended for a year? and you got it back?

wyodjm
11-30-2011, 10:14 PM
Wasn't take suspended for a year? and you got it back?

Two years actually. By the skin of our teeth we got it back. Under the old system. It won't happen under the new system. I think the feds will make sure of that. There will be too many hoops for individual livestock producers to go through.

And how are 8 - 9 Wyoming livestock producers experiencing depredation going to divide six eagles up among themselves? Everyone's going to want to have all six eagles trapped on their place. So that will create additional animosity among the ranchers. It's a quagmire that the feds created and they knew exactly the issues it would create.

You see, the feds are not going to make it illegal to trap eagles for falconry, they're simply going to regulate it out of existence. There lies the rub. They come out smelling fine.

If you want to educate yourself about the issue, sit down and have a chat with Dave Stevens next time you get a chance. Our government, squeezing a legitimate form of hunting out of existence. Right in front of us and there's not a darn thing any of us can do about it.

Enjoy your Harris' hawks. :)

frootdog
12-01-2011, 12:28 AM
Enjoy your Harris' hawks. :)

Will do. Thanks.:D

Shichahn
12-01-2011, 01:17 AM
Congrats to all who worked so hard on this! I'm so happy that Oregon is on that list, now. :) Going to make moving back there even better, once I get the chance!

Joby
12-01-2011, 10:31 AM
A great thanks and Congrats to the Ohio Falconry Association (OFA) membership and our ODNR for all their hard work in getting this accomplished!