PDA

View Full Version : NAFEX update

Chris L.
12-24-2011, 01:16 PM
Hello everyone,

I will be updating the software on NAFEX over the holiday. During the update, I will have to close down the forum. I am sorry for the inconvenience. I hope this will fix some of the bugs that are present now.

Thank you for your patience while I do the update

Happy hawking

Chris

Chris L.
12-24-2011, 09:43 PM
I have the newest patch in place. Thank you for being patient while I updated NAFEX.

I also added a chat/shout feature. It can be seen if you go to the "forum" tab or the "chat" tab. Click on them from the Nav bar above. The chat function is reserved for those who are supporting members. Its my way of saying thank you.

I am also working on a few other things. Stay tuned

Happy holidays

Chris

FredFogg
12-24-2011, 10:04 PM
I have the newest patch in place. Thank you for being patient while I updated NAFEX.

I also added a chat/shout feature. It can be seen if you go to the "forum" tab or the "chat" tab. Click on them from the Nav bar above. The chat function is reserved for those who are supporting members. Its my way of saying thank you.

I am also working on a few other things. Stay tuned

Happy holidays

Chris

Awesome Chris! Thanks for adding the Chat!
Merry Christmas!

FredFogg
12-24-2011, 10:06 PM
Are you backing up the DB now, the entire site seems slow?

goshawks00
12-24-2011, 10:26 PM
Thankx Chris, great to see the chat feature back on board. Enjoy your Christmas and here's to hoping your hawking bag stays full!!

Chris L.
12-24-2011, 10:26 PM
I was backing it up and repairing tables... how is it now

mine doesnt seem slow at all?

Chris L.
12-24-2011, 10:27 PM
Thankx Chris, great to see the chat feature back on board. Enjoy your Christmas and here's to hoping your hawking bag stays full!!

My pleasure Barry.. thanks for being patient. I hope this one stays around for a while

Chris L.
12-24-2011, 10:29 PM
More updates

Mods- I increased your PM volumes. Sorry it has taken this long. I finally got to the root of the problem.

Supporting Members-

1) You can now upload pictures straight from you CPU. You no longer need on offsite photo manager.

2) I have increase your PM storage to 250 PMs.

Thanks again for all of the support

Chris

Lowachi
12-24-2011, 10:37 PM
ooooooo, thank ya Boss. Now poor Mario won't have ta post my leather pixtoungeout.
Have fun diggin' out. Hope the wind stays calm. Merry (white)Christmas to Steph & you!

FredFogg
12-24-2011, 10:47 PM
Working great now Chris! Thanks!

Zarafia
12-24-2011, 10:51 PM
Thanks Chris!
And the speed is fine for me. Everything seems normal.

Sandie_Morehead
12-24-2011, 11:25 PM
Are we suppose to be able to see the shoutbox/chatting when others are in there but we can't chat?

Because I can see what people are posting...I just can't join in.

FredFogg
12-24-2011, 11:46 PM
Are we suppose to be able to see the shoutbox/chatting when others are in there but we can't chat?

Because I can see what people are posting...I just can't join in.

You have to be a contributing member to join the chat.

Rage
12-25-2011, 12:39 AM
Nice additions Chris.

Chris L.
12-25-2011, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the feedback! It all seems to be working good.

Squirrelhawkin
12-26-2011, 11:16 AM
Chris,I clicked on the "Date Russian women" add on the Nafex home page. Just wanted to let everyone know that not one of the women I talked to had any idea what Albidus or Buteoides meant!toungeout

Chris L.
12-26-2011, 11:29 AM
Chris,I clicked on the "Date Russian women" add on the Nafex home page. Just wanted to let everyone know that not one of the women I talked to had any idea what Albidus or Buteoides meant!toungeout

LOL, I know they dont care about BOP's for some reason

sorry about that. i am new to google adsense and I have adjusted the settings. I hope I stopped them from showing back up... we will see (dog)

Sandie_Morehead
12-26-2011, 02:05 PM
You have to be a contributing member to join the chat.

Yes...I was aware of this. I was asking if we were suppose to see the chat going on despite not being able to join in...

FredFogg
12-26-2011, 11:01 PM
Yes...I was aware of this. I was asking if we were suppose to see the chat going on despite not being able to join in...

Yes.

Dirthawking
03-29-2012, 10:13 PM
More updates

Mods- I increased your PM volumes. Sorry it has taken this long. I finally got to the root of the problem.

Supporting Members-

1) You can now upload pictures straight from you CPU. You no longer need on offsite photo manager.

2) I have increase your PM storage to 250 PMs.

Thanks again for all of the support

Chris

Alright Chris, how do we upload straight to site? Please explain. I have always used photobucket and just can't seem to figure this one out. You need to update the how to load photos thread under site information.

I know....moderator dumb.....

FredFogg
03-29-2012, 10:20 PM
Mario, I think when you hit Post Reply and all the choices appear above the window you type in (Bold, Italic, etc), the paper clip to the right of the smiley face is Attachments, you click on it and it brings up a window for you to Upload from your computer. I haven't tried it but I think that is how you do it. Chris can correct me if I am wrong.

Well, I tried it and yes, you upload it and then close the window and it is attached to your post. SWEET!!!!

AK Rev
03-30-2012, 12:32 AM
Testing...

groovy!

scrumbrakk
03-30-2012, 12:47 AM
Oh man you've got to post that picture in another thread and let people come up with captions for that picture, they're going to be chauvenistic as hades but toooo funny. Mine would be "I SAID SHUT IT WOMAN NOW GET BACK IN THE KITCHEN AND MAKE ME A SAMMICH!!"

AK Rev
03-30-2012, 12:52 AM
Yea, we did it earlier last year. It's just one I quickly found to test the new function.

scrumbrakk
03-30-2012, 01:08 AM
man I'm always behind the curve! frus)

Chris L.
04-01-2012, 11:46 AM
man I'm always behind the curve! frus)

Now worries, I suffer from the same peacee

Chris L.
04-01-2012, 11:48 AM
Mario, I think when you hit Post Reply and all the choices appear above the window you type in (Bold, Italic, etc), the paper clip to the right of the smiley face is Attachments, you click on it and it brings up a window for you to Upload from your computer. I haven't tried it but I think that is how you do it. Chris can correct me if I am wrong.

Well, I tried it and yes, you upload it and then close the window and it is attached to your post. SWEET!!!!

Thanks Fred for posting that.

You can also see that it is attached when you scroll below the post message, you will see them in the attachment box.

Did you get it to work mario?

wingnut
04-01-2012, 04:29 PM
Not sure when it started but about the time of the updates I have not been able to start a thread. Maybe somebody is trying to tell me something. confusedd

Dirthawking
04-01-2012, 07:07 PM
Not sure when it started but about the time of the updates I have not been able to start a thread. Maybe somebody is trying to tell me something. confusedd

Where have you tried to start one? I don't see any problems with your account.

wingnut
04-02-2012, 07:51 AM
Just figured it out. I was trying to post in the DIY forum. When I read the thread started about home made quail boxes he said he had the same problem. I can post on the other forum topics.

MrBill
04-04-2012, 10:58 PM
Chris,

I don't have anything to the right of the smiley face that I can click on to upload a photograph. Can you help me out. Thanks.

Bill Boni

Dirthawking
04-05-2012, 01:05 AM
Chris,

I don't have anything to the right of the smiley face that I can click on to upload a photograph. Can you help me out. Thanks.

Bill Boni

Top of the typing box next to font size. Little paper clip.

MrBill
04-05-2012, 10:57 AM
Thanks, Mario, but next to the font size is "switch to editor mode box." No paper clip.

Bill Boni

Saluqi
04-05-2012, 11:29 AM
Bill, look below the window you are typing in, there is a box called "Additional Options", and within it are three smaller boxes, "Miscellaneous Options", "Attach Files", and "Thread Subscription". One of them, and I'd bet you can guess which, allows you to attach photos.

MrBill
04-05-2012, 12:44 PM
Hi Paul,

I appreciate you chiming in. The only option I have is "Quote message in reply."

Bill Boni

Crusinberry
04-05-2012, 12:45 PM
Miscellaneous Options Show your signature
Automatically parse links in text
Disable smilies in text

Thread Subscription Notification Type:

You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts

Saluqi
04-05-2012, 12:49 PM
Hi Paul,

I appreciate you chiming in. The only option I have is "Quote message in reply."

Bill Boni

I don't know what to tell you, I get both the paper clip and the other option that I described. Maybe you need to clear out your cookies, or try a different browser.

Saluqi
04-05-2012, 12:50 PM
Miscellaneous Options Show your signature
Automatically parse links in text
Disable smilies in text

Thread Subscription Notification Type:

You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts

That's because you are not a contributing member, only contributing members have the luxury of direct attachments.

MrBill
04-05-2012, 02:21 PM
Thanks, again, Paul.

Bill Boni

FredFogg
04-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Thanks, Mario, but next to the font size is "switch to editor mode box." No paper clip.

Bill Boni

Bill, when you hit Post Reply, do you get this window? If so, see the arrow pointing to the paper clip.

MrBill
04-05-2012, 10:19 PM
Thanks, Fred.

You guys are going to hate me. I have been clicking on the icon for "quick reply." I haven't paid any attention to "post reply." I'm very sorry for causing all this unnnecessary dialogue. Geez! :-(

Bill Boni

FredFogg
04-05-2012, 10:27 PM
Thanks, Fred.

You guys are going to hate me. I have been clicking on the icon for "quick reply." I haven't paid any attention to "post reply." I'm very sorry for causing all this unnnecessary dialogue. Geez! :-(

Bill Boni

No worries Bill, we all have been there! LOL :D

Chris L.
04-06-2012, 10:46 AM
Thanks Fred for helping Bill out.

Bill I am glad you got it sorted out. I am sorry I didn't see your PM until today

Thanks again Fred, I really appreciate it