PDA

View Full Version : Happy People: A Year in Taiga.

Heero
01-19-2012, 09:13 PM
Sorry, not falconry, but I think a lot here would find it not only amazing, but both moving and somewhat educational.

This is a Werner Herzog documentary not yet (if itll ever be) released on DVD.

IMO it is the best of his, or maybe any, Ive seen (its not Aguirre featuring Klaus Kinsky, but lets be honest with ourselves - what is? ;) ). It is about hunter/trappers that are living, I mean really living, a life of all lives.
It is 1 hour, 30 minutes in length, so make sure ya have some time as I am near certain you are gunna have a tough time ripping yourself away from watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V26jauHZgtw

Betelgeuse
01-20-2012, 01:13 AM
Looking forward to watching this. My fave of Herzog (and Kinski) is Fitzcarraldo. Thanks for posting this.

RT-Angel Fire
01-20-2012, 11:08 AM
I watched about half of this last night but got interupted. I intend to continue watching this evening. I always appreciate watching skilled craftsmen work in any capacity.
Thanks for posting,

Ron Clarke
01-20-2012, 06:50 PM
Herzog is a genius. If you haven't seen "Cave of Forgotten Dreams," do youself a favor and have a look. And if taiga life interests you, check out "The Tiger: A True Story of Vengeance and Survival," written by John Vaillant. This book will really grab you.

gratefool1
01-24-2012, 12:11 AM
That was awesome!!!!!