View Full Version : Calling all NC Falconers

cromartie
02-25-2012, 05:11 PM
Been looking for some local falconers to learn from. I am in Asheville, NC. Hoping to find some local guys/gals to get involved with. Been doing alot of reading. Still have tons of questions, and looking to immerse myself in the culture and with the people to see if I am really ready to make the leap into falconry.

Mike Cromartie

FredFogg
02-25-2012, 08:03 PM
Been looking for some local falconers to learn from. I am in Asheville, NC. Hoping to find some local guys/gals to get involved with. Been doing alot of reading. Still have tons of questions, and looking to immerse myself in the culture and with the people to see if I am really ready to make the leap into falconry.

Mike Cromartie

You missed a North Carolina Falconers Guild Meet today near Burlington. If you had posted sooner, we could have told you about it. For future NCFG events, go to their website (http://www.ncfalconersguild.org/) and click on Schedule of Events. There are several falconers in the Asheville area. I am in Winston-Salem and you are welcome to come along on a hunt or come and see my facilities and equipment and just shoot the bull about falconry. Our squirrel and rabbit season ends the end of this month.

Mr. Bunny caught today while out with a few friends.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii68/FredrickFogg/800dbe91.jpg

rudifalconer
02-25-2012, 08:50 PM
Hello,
I'm also in asheville and looking for a sponsor. iv'e contacted a few people and am getting along with it now. good luck.
Rudi Boekschoten

hawkerev
02-25-2012, 10:42 PM
There are a few of us in WNC area, I'm in Asheville and going out tomorrow afternoon (about 3PM) if ya want to go PM me your cell # ?

Eric Hausman
02-26-2012, 07:55 AM
I am also in Asheville or Weaverville rather. Will be flying on bunnies this morning and maybe sqrl later. U can message me your number. Kestrel is ready for free flight also.

Eric Hausman

cromartie
02-26-2012, 11:02 AM
I am working all at 3pm all week. I have Wednesday off. Where do you take the bird locally? I live in fletcher, but work at the Biltmore estate.

laj
02-26-2012, 03:24 PM
I am in Asheville. I hanged up the glove early this season due to work. But if you just want to talk or check out some equipment then send me a pm or email me.

hodgepodge
02-26-2012, 11:50 PM
I'm kind of far away for you since I'm in Burlington.