PDA

View Full Version : cool falconry short flick

vinci666
03-12-2012, 10:41 AM
check this one out guys. really put together well. I'm sure most have seen it but for those who haven't this is a real treat

http://player.vimeo.com/video/34433044?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0

bobpayne
03-12-2012, 11:26 AM
Enjoyed it.

5 min into it the dude shuts off the telementry b4 flying his falcon, minor editing glitch.

Oh well, still nice for those who otherwise will never enter a field with raptor and dog!

clapp

vinci666
03-14-2012, 02:13 PM
Enjoyed it.

5 min into it the dude shuts off the telementry b4 flying his falcon, minor editing glitch.

"Oh well, still nice for those who otherwise will never enter a field with raptor and dog! "

clapp

A very interesting, knowledgeable and informative reply. Thanks for your amazing input

wilkiesc
07-09-2012, 01:53 PM
That's a pretty awesome video. Thanks for sharing!

oldguy
07-09-2012, 05:31 PM
That was cool enough to watch.
Last of The Mohicans soundtrack gets alot of use in falconry videos, as does Gladiator.

Makes one want to travel to some of these foreign countries like Slovenia and Utah and see how they fly their birds.

Thanks for posting !

longwinger2010
07-09-2012, 10:11 PM
sigh....I love this sport !

Pretty Hawk Woman
07-10-2012, 07:54 AM
thanks for the video I like no commentary

Tom Smith
07-10-2012, 11:53 AM
That was cool enough to watch.
Last of The Mohicans soundtrack gets alot of use in falconry videos, as does Gladiator.

Makes one want to travel to some of these foreign countries like Slovenia and Utah and see how they fly their birds.

Thanks for posting !

Utah? That cracks me up! LOL.

"The Gael"(Last of the Mohicans) musical score does seem to go well with falconry related material, but then I think I would like it just by itself.
It inspires me to want to run nearly naked through a damp dark forest with a muzzle loader in my hands looking for balding savages.

Tom Smith
07-10-2012, 11:59 AM
Watching it and the goshawks I get the impression these guys could use the tad bit faster NA goshawk which it seems is a bit faster off the mark at least.

cesena
07-10-2012, 12:19 PM
This brings me to my hunting travels in Austria, very similar land.

Tom Smith
07-10-2012, 01:11 PM
I'm thinking, for you guys inspired to do a falconry video that this rendition of the "Last of the Mohicans" would be a nice score. It is my favorite rendition. A little deviation from the thread, I know but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPa1IjiZ3DQ

christopher.vly
07-10-2012, 08:09 PM
Are you sure thats not from Braveheart?

christopher.vly
07-10-2012, 08:30 PM
Nevermind, this is what i was thinking........

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2pxFcFI6lvg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

christopher.vly
07-10-2012, 08:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pxFcFI6lvg&feature=relmfu

oldguy
07-10-2012, 10:14 PM
I'm thinking, for you guys inspired to do a falconry video that this rendition of the "Last of the Mohicans" would be a nice score. It is my favorite rendition. A little deviation from the thread, I know but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPa1IjiZ3DQ

Lordamighty ! That is one poor little 'ole ugly girl, sigh. I feel older just watching that.

I chased the reenacting dream for 30 yrs. Finally realized there was no one to go play with and gave it up. Haven't worn my breechcloth and leggings since '97.
If I'd spent those years flying birds, I'd be more than a nondescript general class.
Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda.

Tom Smith
07-10-2012, 11:32 PM
Lordamighty ! That is one poor little 'ole ugly girl, sigh. I feel older just watching that.

I chased the reenacting dream for 30 yrs. Finally realized there was no one to go play with and gave it up. Haven't worn my breechcloth and leggings since '97.
If I'd spent those years flying birds, I'd be more than a nondescript general class.
Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda.

I was referring to the music ( "The gael") not the get up or any reference to re-enacting or renaissance fairs and by the way what is your definition of pretty? If you think that girl is homely I think you might need glasses, check out her other videos on YouTube.

oldguy
07-11-2012, 10:13 AM
I was referring to the music ( "The gael") not the get up or any reference to re-enacting or renaissance fairs and by the way what is your definition of pretty? If you think that girl is homely I think you might need glasses, check out her other videos on YouTube.

Umm, Tom. I meant the remark about her looks as sarcasm. She's a doll. The second hottest thing a woman can do in mixed company is play a fiddle. The first being holding a trained raptor.

Tom Smith
07-11-2012, 11:55 AM
Umm, Tom. I meant the remark about her looks as sarcasm. She's a doll. The second hottest thing a woman can do in mixed company is play a fiddle. The first being holding a trained raptor.

Dan, I'm sorry, you hit my knee jerk reaction nerve. She is cute but that is not what I was showing, it was only the music that she generates that I thought would good theme music for a falconry video. More earthy than a full movie set orchestra but yet a grand melody that inspires.

Thinking that over I can think of several others that would be good to.

Trebor
07-11-2012, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the vids all great. Cheers Rob UK:D

oldguy
07-11-2012, 03:14 PM
Oh hell Tom, don't apologize ! :)

I am having a couple of real peachy weeks (sarcasm intended) and that just fell off the tailgate. It was something my father used to say when we saw a good looking gal. It was a humorous attempt at not setting Mom off. Just came out.
That whole block of videos/music was neat.

oneshot
07-20-2012, 08:38 PM
That was some good musek.... :D

I wish I had a body like hers.... But then Oldguy would be chasing me around!!!! :eek: toungeout :D

Canyonrunner
07-20-2012, 11:49 PM
I still run the woods with flintlock, scalping knife, and breechcloth. Can't imagine how much more fun it would be to have a gos' working the woods with me!

John Halverson
Black Hills Raptor Center