PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Aplomado Falcons

Chris L.
03-15-2012, 01:30 PM
I am pleased to say I have fertile eggs under my pairs of Aplos. I am gathering a list of those who are interested in purchasing one. No deposit is required until the eggs have hatched. I will be asking 2000.00 for males and 2500.00 for females.

I plan on chamber raising the ones in the nest. The eggs in the incubators will either be hard imprints or dual imprints depending on how many that hatch.

All of the offspring will be exposed to live prey throughout their development in the chambers.

Please email me at Admin@nafex.net or PM me here.

thanks

Chris

Chris L.
04-06-2012, 07:56 PM
update 4/6/12: 2 of the 3 eggs have hatched so far. I am hoping for the 3rd. I just checked on them today and they are doing well. It seems that the mother is feeding them and they are getting strong.

I will be doing chamber raised birds only.

For those who are on the list, I will keep you posted on what comes of these guys.

The 2 eggs in the incubator died about 5 days before hatch. Tough break as I was so close... These little guys are pretty tough to incubate.

Chris L.
04-12-2012, 08:54 PM
I banded the Aplomado Chicks today. They both look very healthy and they had good crops on them. I am looking forward to seeing them grown up.

Chris L.
04-29-2012, 01:38 PM
I had a request for an update:

Both aplo chicks have been placed but I do have another pair of aplos on eggs. They are young birds and I am not expecting them to be fertile. Their first clutch this year was not. I will post if they do hatch, I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Here are some pics of the current chicks I have. I pulled them both at 14 days and weighed them. It seems they are both females.

I will post more updates as they develop