PDA

View Full Version : 2012 NAFA Meet in Kearney, NE

Pages : [1] 2

FredFogg
04-01-2012, 07:09 PM
Registration is now available for the 2012 NAFA Meet in Kearney, NE. Again, the IAF will hold their annual meeting in conjunction with the NAFA Meet. A great time to meet and show falconers from all over the world how we do things here in the U.S. You may pre-register in a couple of ways, online and by mailing in your registration form. Please visit the NAFA website for more information from Meet Chairman Ralph Rogers about what you will need and want to know about Kearney, NE and the NAFA Meet.

Red-tail71
04-01-2012, 07:43 PM
Registration is now available for the 2012 NAFA Meet in Kearney, NE. Again, the IAF will hold their annual meeting in conjunction with the NAFA Meet. A great time to meet and show falconers from all over the world how we do things here in the U.S. You may pre-register in a couple of ways, online and by mailing in your registration form. Please visit the NAFA website for more information from Meet Chairman Ralph Rogers about what you will need and want to know about Kearney, NE and the NAFA Meet.

Thanks Fred! I am going to try and make it this year. How about you?

FredFogg
04-01-2012, 07:54 PM
Thanks Fred! I am going to try and make it this year. How about you?

I am planning on going but my job situation may change between now and then so I am in a wait and see mode.

mickeyboy
04-01-2012, 08:07 PM
Being a dirt hawker I would like to know what the ct & jack situation is out there. I've not hunted Neb. before but I may try to hit it on my way back from Dodge. I live in Ohio but will be in the Liberal-Dodge area the first part of Nov. Thanks, Mick Brown mickeyboy

Ken S.
04-01-2012, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the heads up Fred! I plan to go again. Last meet out there was good, I found decent rabbit and pheasant numbers after a LOT of trial and error searching/walking/scouting to figure out what to look for.

David - I hope you end up going too! We could have a nice group of MD falconers out there.

Red-tail71
04-01-2012, 08:30 PM
I am planning on going but my job situation may change between now and then so I am in a wait and see mode.

I am right there with you pal! I HOPE to see you in November!

Chris L.
04-02-2012, 01:26 AM
I just registered, it worked great!

Fred, thank you for all the hard work you do on the NAFA website. We all really appreciate it

See you all there!

Red-tail71
04-15-2012, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the heads up Fred! I plan to go again. Last meet out there was good, I found decent rabbit and pheasant numbers after a LOT of trial and error searching/walking/scouting to figure out what to look for.

David - I hope you end up going too! We could have a nice group of MD falconers out there.

Sounds great Ken! It looks like I will be going just have to finalize a few things! I HOPE to see you out there and do some hawking together! Take care!

FredFogg
04-15-2012, 10:06 PM
Just an FYI, here is a link to the Meet page on the NAFA website. I probably should have put the link in the very first post of this thread. Duh! (Little help mods?) :D I will be updating it with game numbers, etc. later this fall when Meet Chairman Ralph Rogers sends me the information.

http://www.n-a-f-a.com/Meets.htm

Wayne Finnish gosbreeder
04-27-2012, 05:01 PM
thers 3 of us from the uk thinking of comeing over just trying the flights out for prices at the mo

whats the wether like in november over ther

atb wayne

Dirthawking
04-27-2012, 05:01 PM
cold, snow, wind.... Ask Gaz or Guy!

Red-tail71
04-29-2012, 07:03 AM
cold, snow, wind.... Ask Gaz or Guy!

Wind....I am glad I will be in the woods chasing Bushytails!:D

FredFogg
04-29-2012, 07:20 AM
Wind....I am glad I will be in the woods chasing Bushytails!:D

Prepare yourself David, not a lot of bushy tails in Kearney! All I saw were a few fox squirrels in a park just outside of town which we hunted. Several of them didn't make it though! LOL

Wayne Finnish gosbreeder
04-29-2012, 07:25 AM
any one got any photos or vidios of past meets

atb wayne

FredFogg
04-29-2012, 07:53 AM
any one got any photos or vidios of past meets

atb wayne

Do a search on here for NAFA Meet and pictures, lots of them on here.

Red-tail71
05-01-2012, 09:32 PM
Prepare yourself David, not a lot of bushy tails in Kearney! All I saw were a few fox squirrels in a park just outside of town which we hunted. Several of them didn't make it though! LOL

Thanks for the heads up Fred. I am sure HOPE won't mind wacking a bunny or two. I will have her lean and mean for sure. Take care man and I will talk to you soon!

Dirthawking
05-02-2012, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the heads up Fred. I am sure HOPE won't mind wacking a bunny or two. I will have her lean and mean for sure. Take care man and I will talk to you soon!

.....not a lot of rabbits neither.....frus)

Lowachi
05-02-2012, 08:38 PM
pop. wasn't too bad last year as I recall being told.

frootdog
05-02-2012, 10:12 PM

Bunny pop in NE is just fine. Caught quite a few last time. Just have to know where to look.

FredFogg
05-02-2012, 10:28 PM
Bunny pop in NE is just fine. Caught quite a few last time. Just have to know where to look.

Exactly!

Red-tail71
05-02-2012, 11:35 PM
Oh this dog will hunt!:D

Lowachi
05-03-2012, 03:44 AM

meets committee not withstanding.....toungeout:D. Ralph told me last fall it was fair to good, but this is from a guy hawking chickensdohh Just what he saw in the field...

Wayne Finnish gosbreeder
05-06-2012, 12:12 PM
forgot to ask do we need to be members to come along

atb wayne

just looking at flights:D

frootdog
05-08-2012, 09:31 AM
forgot to ask do we need to be members to come along

atb wayne

just looking at flights:D

Yes, but you can join during registration.

HawkEye
05-16-2012, 10:33 PM
anyone find the actual hunting regulations for Nebraska? not the summaries, but the actual regulations?

I've seen the nebraska parks & game pages, but i'm looking for the official definition of "hunt" and "game" -- specifically: do sparrows and starlings fall under any hunting regulations in Nebraska?

Dirthawking
05-16-2012, 10:36 PM
anyone find the actual hunting regulations for Nebraska? not the summaries, but the actual regulations?

I've seen the nebraska parks & game pages, but i'm looking for the official definition of "hunt" and "game" -- specifically: do sparrows and starlings fall under any hunting regulations in Nebraska?

Sparrows and starlings are a Federaly listed invasive species and to the best of my knowledge do not fall under any states hunting regulations.

HawkEye
05-16-2012, 10:59 PM
Sparrows and starlings ... to the best of my knowledge do not fall under any states hunting regulations.

I did find a nebraska hunting regulation summary saying one must have permission to take any wild bird on private property... but as far as the hunting regulations go... i guess what I'm really getting at is ... can you hunt sparrow, starlings (and pigeons for that matter) without a hunting license? specifically in Nebraska.

Shehawker
05-16-2012, 11:07 PM
Just got my room reserved! Still need to register but that will get done in time.

FredFogg
05-16-2012, 11:28 PM
I did find a nebraska hunting regulation summary saying one must have permission to take any wild bird on private property... but as far as the hunting regulations go... i guess what I'm really getting at is ... can you hunt sparrow, starlings (and pigeons for that matter) without a hunting license? specifically in Nebraska.

I may be wrong about this but I believe in most states, to hunt with a falconry license also requires a state hunting license. So technically, you would need both to just be out hunting with a bird of prey. But more importantly, why not go ahead and buy a hunting license? Say you are out hunting starlings and your bird checks off the starlings and at the same time, some quail flush and bam, your bird brings down a quail. You rush over there and get control but then, you don't have a hunting license and you have to let it lay. How much would that stink? LOL

frootdog
05-17-2012, 09:58 AM
you don't have a hunting license and you have to let it lay. How much would that stink? LOL

Without a hunting license I highly doubt you could even get away with let it lay.

michaelberan
07-01-2012, 03:02 PM
I have some good local land lined up and my contact at BC Meats tells me the game pops are good, in 2006 we had a blast, plenty of land to hunt, plenty of bunnies and pheasant.

This year we have three farmers lined up that leaving corn in the field for pheasants but I'm being told that there was more corn grown this year for ethanol than last year, so it's been very good for the pheasant population.

They do a lot of irrigation in the area so if you can find a fresh cut corn field with pipe laying around the perimeter you will find bunnies hiding in the field, they only make for the pipes under pressure.

2006 we found rabbits around the hog farms that had old growth evergreen wind breaks, we also found bunnies around abandoned home sites that had old growth wind breaks, we found rabbits in tree lines, well in from the edges, nestled under the pine-straw ......... wait, we found rabbits everywhere we went, some populations were denser but there were rabbits to be had everywhere, but, I always say that when I'm catching cottontails.

Ken S.
07-13-2012, 09:18 PM
I didn't book a hotel yet... any tips? Is everyone staying at the meet hotel?

bobpayne
07-13-2012, 10:02 PM
Being a dirt hawker I would like to know what the ct & jack situation is out there. I've not hunted Neb. before but I may try to hit it on my way back from Dodge. I live in Ohio but will be in the Liberal-Dodge area the first part of Nov. Thanks, Mick Brown mickeyboy

You will not find the jacks anything like what you see in dodge and liberial,from what I understand there are white tails within a couple hrs drive

Tasha55403
07-13-2012, 10:09 PM
Weren't the jacks protected? I thought I remembered a bit of an "incident" involving them and a previous NAFA president...

michaelberan
07-13-2012, 10:15 PM
I've been watching the trail cams on Nebraska Outdoor Forum, I match the trail cam locations with the posters location to figure out if the pics are reliable.

Almost all of the pics (95%) have rabbits and quite a few have white tail jacks so I'm just saying, a pic is worth a 1000 characters

cdog
07-14-2012, 07:53 AM
White tail Jacks can be found up in the north west corner of the state. The jacks that can be found around Kearney are blacktails. The population is on an increase, or at least I know of an appretice who has them all mapped out.

Peregrine At Heart
09-08-2012, 11:44 PM
Hey, guys, it's been awhile! I have a quick question for you: I was unable to afford this year's dues due to a couple of unforeseen financial circumstances. Currently, I've been working on building a stash to rectify this and to attend this years meet since it's in my state. Unfortunately, I cannot access the pre-registration sheet because I'm not a current member....is there a way I can get it without a password? I will be paying dues along with registration fees.

Lowachi
09-08-2012, 11:54 PM
Hey, guys, it's been awhile! I have a quick question for you: I was unable to afford this year's dues due to a couple of unforeseen financial circumstances. Currently, I've been working on building a stash to rectify this and to attend this years meet since it's in my state. Unfortunately, I cannot access the pre-registration sheet because I'm not a current member....is there a way I can get it without a password? I will be paying dues along with registration fees.

Hi Amanda.
Drop Fred Fogg a line and he should fix ya up.

sakerjack
09-13-2012, 04:29 PM
Hi Amanda.
Drop Fred Fogg a line and he should fix ya up.

Do you have to be a NAFA member to attend? I have seen photos of many guys that are not and they are in the weathering yard etc at the MEET.?

FredFogg
09-13-2012, 04:58 PM
Do you have to be a NAFA member to attend? I have seen photos of many guys that are not and they are in the weathering yard etc at the MEET.?

To register for the Meet, you must be a member. Guest are allowed, so I imagine some folks show up as guest and some just show up without paying the registration fee (you can't ever keep the riff raff out LOL). Basically, the registration fee gives you a meet print, mug and pin and sometimes a meet hat (not all meets have hats) access to the vendors and speakers each evening. Personally, people that don't pay and come anyway are way down on my respect pole. They are just like the rest of the low lifes out there that want everything for free!

sakerjack
09-13-2012, 05:00 PM
To register for the Meet, you must be a member. Guest are allowed, so I imagine some folks show up as guest and some just show up without paying the registration fee (you can't ever keep the riff raff out LOL). Basically, the registration fee gives you a meet print, mug and pin and sometimes a meet hat (not all meets have hats) access to the vendors and speakers each evening. Personally, people that don't pay and come anyway are way down on my respect pole. They are just like the rest of the low lifes out there that want everything for free!

Thanks you Fred,

Joby
09-13-2012, 05:12 PM
Hey Ken!! I've been meaning to ask you....can I have a free hood....I mean...if you've got any laying around right now!!! : )

sakerjack
09-13-2012, 05:20 PM
Hey Ken!! I've been meaning to ask you....can I have a free hood....I mean...if you've got any laying around right now!!! : )

Sure,, what color? I will have some hoods and savers at the NAFA Meet, look me up if you are attending.

Chris L.
09-13-2012, 09:59 PM
Sure,, what color? I will have some hoods and savers at the NAFA Meet, look me up if you are attending.

Ken will you be at the NAFA Meet this year? If so I really look forward to meeting you in person.

sakerjack
09-14-2012, 04:01 PM
Ken will you be at the NAFA Meet this year? If so I really look forward to meeting you in person.

Hey Chris I am going this year, first time. Looking forward to meeting the NAFEX Dudes and Dudettes..

Cremmenga
09-18-2012, 10:59 PM
Hey Chris P! Those jackrabbit spots are my secret spots!!! Lol shhh. I'm only willing to take a golden eagle guy to them!! I live near Kearney and I'm out in the country all day everyday for my job and I have seen TONS of game this year!!!! Lots of quail, pheasant, grouse, prairie chickens, loads of bunnies and yes my secret coveted jackrabbit spot is booming!!

Cremmenga
09-18-2012, 11:03 PM
Ken also, it's me Chris just wanted to see if you could bring one of those khan horse hair hoods I spoke to you about in a size 14 to the NAFA meet? I'd kill to have one!!!

FredFogg
09-18-2012, 11:08 PM
Ken also, it's me Chris just wanted to see if you could bring one of those khan horse hair hoods I spoke to you about in a size 14 to the NAFA meet? I'd kill to have one!!!

Hey Chris, are you the guy that Leon hooked me and another guy from NC up with the last day of the NAFA meet the last time it was in Kearney and you took us to a spot with a ton of bunnies or was it another Chris?

Cremmenga
09-18-2012, 11:19 PM
Hey Chris, are you the guy that Leon hooked me and another guy from NC up with the last day of the NAFA meet the last time it was in Kearney and you took us to a spot with a ton of bunnies or was it another Chris?

No I'm an apprentice, that was probably my sponsor. His name is Chris also. But fear not there are bunnies everywhere! I've seen really good game numbers this year!!! I think it must have been the mild winter and dry spring.

FredFogg
09-18-2012, 11:24 PM
No I'm an apprentice, that was probably my sponsor. His name is Chris also. But fear not there are bunnies everywhere! I've seen really good game numbers this year!!! I think it must have been the mild winter and dry spring.

OK, well, I will be at the NAFA meet so save some of those bunny spots for me and I will have a fresh female HH I produced this summer with me and would love to show her some jacks, along with my 2nd year female red-tail.

And before the mods get all over you, click on User CP up above and then Edit Signature and put your name in there along with what else you want and it will put that signature at the bottom of each of your post. One of the rules on here is to sign each post and that is the easiest way to do it.

Cremmenga
09-18-2012, 11:33 PM
OK, well, I will be at the NAFA meet so save some of those bunny spots for me and I will have a fresh female HH I produced this summer with me and would love to show her some jacks, along with my 2nd year female red-tail.

And before the mods get all over you, click on User CP up above and then Edit Signature and put your name in there along with what else you want and it will put that signature at the bottom of each of your post. One of the rules on here is to sign each post and that is the easiest way to do it.

Ok thanks for the signature heads up!!! I could point you in the direction of cottontails but the jacks are my secret!!!

FredFogg
09-18-2012, 11:41 PM
Ok thanks for the signature heads up!!! I could point you in the direction of cottontails but the jacks are my secret!!!

PM sent to you! :D

Peregrine At Heart
09-19-2012, 12:16 AM

Good to see you on here Chris, and welcome! :D

chase0109
09-19-2012, 01:07 PM
Hey Chris P! Those jackrabbit spots are my secret spots!!! Lol shhh. I'm only willing to take a golden eagle guy to them!! I live near Kearney and I'm out in the country all day everyday for my job and I have seen TONS of game this year!!!! Lots of quail, pheasant, grouse, prairie chickens, loads of bunnies and yes my secret coveted jackrabbit spot is booming!!

Hey Chris,

I may have to take you up on some jack hawking while in NE. I wasn't planning on going to the NAFA meet for lack of jacks. But I have decided to go and see some people on my way home from hawking. Didn't figure I would fly there. But if you have jacks for a GE we may have to talk.

Chase

JRedig
09-19-2012, 01:11 PM
Hey Chris,

I may have to take you up on some jack hawking while in NE. I wasn't planning on going to the NAFA meet for lack of jacks. But I have decided to go and see some people on my way home from hawking. Didn't figure I would fly there. But if you have jacks for a GE we may have to talk.

Chase

Dibs on flushing!:D:)

Peregrine At Heart
09-19-2012, 01:20 PM
Hey Chris,

Chase

I haven't been on a GE hunt since NAFA in 2007. Hell, I'll beat brush like there's no tomorrow if you decide to fly here! :D

sakerjack
09-19-2012, 04:00 PM

OK I will bring one with me with your name on it until I see you.

Cremmenga
09-19-2012, 04:52 PM
OK I will bring one with me with your name on it until I see you.

Thanks Ken !!!

robhawkyyz
09-19-2012, 11:19 PM
Thanks Ken !!!

got any pics of you and your hawk, sounds like you have it going on!! big bird , big rabbits and all that stuff, sounds like you need to do an introduction of you and your bird and we like pictures too.. and where is a good place to scuba dive in NE. ??

Cremmenga
09-19-2012, 11:57 PM
got any pics of you and your hawk, sounds like you have it going on!! big bird , big rabbits and all that stuff, sounds like you need to do an introduction of you and your bird and we like pictures too.. and where is a good place to scuba dive in NE. ??

Lol I'm not sure I got it going on! Lol I do have a big bird and a great jack rabbit spot, and if I could figure out how to up load a picture I'd show you some of the pictures. Although I have been hunting all my life with about every form of weapon you can imagine, I am new to falconry. Time will tell how I do and wether or not my bird will actually want to give it a go at those jacks. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. Right now with this hot weather training and weight control is giving me fitts. As for scuba diving in Nebraska, the sand pits are great. Not real deep but most of the time they have great visibility and decent aquatic life to look at and spear fish.

Dirthawking
09-20-2012, 04:54 PM
and if I could figure out how to up load a picture I'd show you some of the pictures.

PM sent.....

Cremmenga
09-20-2012, 05:00 PM
PM sent.....

Thanks, I figured out why I can't upload pics. I'm doing this from my phone and I need to be on a pc it looks like to make that work.

Dirthawking
09-20-2012, 05:01 PM
Thanks, I figured out why I can't upload pics. I'm doing this from my phone and I need to be on a pc it looks like to make that work.

No, you can post from a phone. I have. See the link I sent you in PM

Cremmenga
09-20-2012, 05:08 PM
No, you can post from a phone. I have. See the link I sent you in PM

Hmm my iPhone wont let me post pictures. I had the same problem in a different forum about classic cars. Not a big deal though I can use my computer to do that! Thanks again for the info!

Dirthawking
09-20-2012, 05:15 PM
Hmm my iPhone wont let me post pictures. I had the same problem in a different forum about classic cars. Not a big deal though I can use my computer to do that! Thanks again for the info!

You have to use an off site photo site such as photobucket. Even have to do that from your computer unless you are a supporting member.

chase0109
09-21-2012, 02:46 PM
Dibs on flushing!:D:)

You got it Jeff. Were going to have to get together and fly soon. First weekend of October I'll be chasing whitetails with Dexter. Your more than welcome to come with.

If there are jacks in NE I'll be flying at NAFA.

Chase Delles

Lowachi
09-21-2012, 11:24 PM
You got it Jeff. Were going to have to get together and fly soon. First weekend of October I'll be chasing whitetails with Dexter. Your more than welcome to come with.

If there are jacks in NE I'll be flying at NAFA.

Chase Delles
does this mean I need an eagle yard Chase??:D

chase0109
09-25-2012, 01:40 PM
does this mean I need an eagle yard Chase??:D

Hey Rich,

I appreciate the thought and offer. But I do not weather my bird at meets, especially NAFA meets. Too much of a spectacle. I'm there to hunt. He weathers on my fist in the field. I am not aware of any other eagle falconers planning on attending nafa this year, but someone might show up. Consider it less work for you and Mario. You guys do a great job and will have your hands full as is.

Thanks,

Chase

Lowachi
09-25-2012, 09:11 PM
Hey Rich,

I appreciate the thought and offer. But I do not weather my bird at meets, especially NAFA meets. Too much of a spectacle. I'm there to hunt. He weathers on my fist in the field. I am not aware of any other eagle falconers planning on attending nafa this year, but someone might show up. Consider it less work for you and Mario. You guys do a great job and will have your hands full as is.

Thanks,

Chase

Thanks Bud. The yard this year is long and some what narrow. Trying to rig up a 2nd gate so the walk isn't so long with bird and or water bucket.
Look forward to seeing ya. Stop on by the gate.

Ally
10-21-2012, 04:41 PM
Hey guys! As we're getting within a month of the meet (getting excited!), I have a question regarding hunting licenses...

I know at Vernal last year they had a "special" license you could purchase just for the Meet...is something similar happening this year? What are the prices for out of state upland bird, waterfowl, and small game? Can I purchase them on the NE fish and game website?

Hope to see lots of your smiling faces down there :) Had such a blast last year. Thanks all!

Lowachi
10-21-2012, 06:47 PM
Hey guys! As we're getting within a month of the meet (getting excited!), I have a question regarding hunting licenses...

I know at Vernal last year they had a "special" license you could purchase just for the Meet...is something similar happening this year? What are the prices for out of state upland bird, waterfowl, and small game? Can I purchase them on the NE fish and game website?

Hope to see lots of your smiling faces down there :) Had such a blast last year. Thanks all!

Check the NAFA website/Hawk Chalk, cause I can't remember & don't have it here, but I'm pretty sure it's in/on there. Looking forward ta seeing you again, along with everybody else.

FredFogg
10-21-2012, 07:25 PM
Check the NAFA website/Hawk Chalk, cause I can't remember & don't have it here, but I'm pretty sure it's in/on there. Looking forward ta seeing you again, along with everybody else.

Yep, it's on there, in the Hunting section!

Meet page (http://www.n-a-f-a.com/Meets.htm)

I went to Kearney in 2006 and can't remember this but does Nebraska require some hunter orange on you?

JRedig
10-21-2012, 10:12 PM

Don't you know that part of your agreement being a Montana resident is that you won't enter states with less than 50 feet of elevation change? Looks like you'll have to stay in Wyoming!peaceetoungeout

Ally
10-21-2012, 10:24 PM
HA! Are you still coming out this way to hang with us cool kids Jeff?

Anyways, thanks for the link :) Will be purchasing those very shortly here. Health certificates for 4 critters...eek. Yay fun?

JRedig
10-21-2012, 11:02 PM
HA! Are you still coming out this way to hang with us cool kids Jeff?

Yes...(I just don't know when)

FredFogg
10-23-2012, 08:23 AM
Only 9 more days to preregister for the NAFA Meet!

Come and get it while its hot! LOL peacee

Lowachi
10-23-2012, 05:27 PM
Only 9 more days to preregister for the NAFA Meet!

Come and get it while its hot! LOL peacee

Hot off the presses......

Recent game population reports indicate large numbers of bunnies, and grouse. The numbers of pheasants is up from last visit as are the Jacks. There will be ducks in record numbers everywhere there is water for them to land on….but, Nebraska is dry and needs rain. The corn Crop is 90% harvested with access to those fields. Land owners and press will be well informed of our visits as in years past.

Paul Strydom
10-26-2012, 05:35 AM
What sort of temps will be expected, snow?

Cremmenga
10-26-2012, 10:06 AM

Could be snowy, it's a high of 40 today. It's super dry here, we haven't had much for precipitation so I doubt there will be snow. But there could be. If I were a betting man, I'd say cold and windy.

FredFogg
10-26-2012, 11:22 AM

I would say typical late November Nebraska weather, which means prepare for anything! LOL :D I am taking cold weather clothing and warm weather clothing. My motto is it is easy take stuff off but harder to add stuff in the field.

Lowachi
10-26-2012, 12:35 PM
I would say typical late November Nebraska weather, which means prepare for anything! LOL :D I am taking cold weather clothing and warm weather clothing. My motto is it is easy take stuff off but harder to add stuff in the field.

Been to several meets here, the weather was different each time, but pretty typical fall weather. Tho,I remember Robin & Mary Haigh,from Great Britian, lost their winter clothes/luggage and bought all new at Cabelas.:eek: Like Fred said, bring some of everything, you'll be happier, and more comfortable.:D

HawkEye
10-26-2012, 09:42 PM
got get a wee bit more specific,
I'd expect overnight lows (6 am temps) temps anywhere from the mid-teens to the upper 20's (average is 20)

Daytime highs might be anywhere from the upper teens to upper 40s. (average is 43) Some say we're in for a mild winter, so maybe it'll be in the 50s. :-)

Then expect some degree of windchill.

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KEAR/2011/11/26/DailyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

Roper
10-27-2012, 10:23 PM
remember you will need a health certificate to bring your animals into nebraska..

ukroper
10-28-2012, 07:15 AM
Hey,anyone saw the advertisment poster for the meet?..some stunning eyecandy appearing on it so im led to believe!!amennnpeaceepeaceepeacee

HawkEye
10-28-2012, 09:36 AM
... Say you are out hunting starlings and your bird checks off the starlings and at the same time, some quail flush and bam, your bird brings down a quail.... you have to let it lay. How much would that stink? LOL

If my kestrel & I find quail at DQ or McD's I'll start looking for a job in Kearny...

... if you know where to look ...I'm not seeing any information about permission to hunt and I'm getting the impression that we'll have to ask for permission at every place we want to hunt, unless it is a designated public hunting area, which in my experience in a neighboring state, will have very low bunny/squirrel/starling populations. My experience with starlings is that they're only hawkable on a property for about 30 seconds, less if they just need a sip-- not long enough to ask permission and return to find starlings.

I've not been to a NAFA meet. Will there be places to hunt sparrows & starlings with permission already granted, or will I need to spend Sunday morning asking on private properties and monday afternoon asking on business properties? Or, is it more relaxing to simply leave the birds at home and just watch other people hunt?

Lowachi
10-28-2012, 12:38 PM
Helen, just got thhis from Ralph Rogers... I pass it on to everyone for him.

I was sent a copy of a NAFEX comment this morning where a lady was concerned that she might have to ask her own permission. Yep, she will. We will have some places signed up but it is simply impossible for us to find slips for 250 raptors, for every conceivable quarry, for a week. Land access is very important to us and one of the reasons Nebraska is voted "favorite" location by NAFA members. What we do is contact almost all the land owners to let them know we will be in the neighborhood. Before the meet; we attend two full days at the Gateway Farm Expo which most land-owners will attend. We run adds and interviews in the local Kearney paper for two weeks in advance. We contact and get offers of help from the local sportsmen organizations. We hold a land-owners' reception at the Holiday Inn for anyone granting permission..they get pins and mugs there. We will have falconers at a customer reception at Kearney Cabelas. Can one of you guys get the word back to this lady and the others on NAFEX if this is truly a concern which might keep folks home.

Lowachi
10-28-2012, 02:08 PM
You will always have to ask, all the ground work is set or already in motion. Few places will turn you away. Many come to the weathering yard to offer their places to falconers, I'll have a board at the trailer with contact information offered.It's still "hunting", some you have to do yerself.:D stop on bt, swomebody will help yaout. no worries.

Cremmenga
10-28-2012, 04:13 PM
The public hunting around the area is actually very good this year! I have seen more quail, pheasant and bunnies this year than I ever have before. Just go to Nebraska game and parks and get a public access booklet. There is a lot of good public hunting around here.

Lowachi
10-28-2012, 09:04 PM
This is the post that Gaz was referring to... they're being posted around Kearney.

if you'd like the pdf, send me a p/m w/your e-address. It's clearer than this scanned print

Tasha55403
10-28-2012, 09:55 PM
Our birds don't harm livestock? Rarely even what we're chasing? Must be talking about longwings...and livestock must not include chickens or ducks:D

HawkEye
10-28-2012, 10:01 PM
Helen, just got this from Ralph Rogers...I'll have a board at the trailer with contact information offered

Thanks for doing that! Now I have a better idea of what to expect and what I need to do. The publicity blitz sounds like a great tool. Kudos to the hard work of the few NAFA organizers and helpers!!! clapp

Thanks, also for hosting a 'board'. It would be great if there was a place where we could share permissions- so 20 of us don't have to all ask at the same DQ :D

It does seem silly to have to ask for permission to chase sparrows & starlings in a parking lot, but I've read the Nebraska rules and regs and they are very clear that permission is needed, even for nongame species.

thanks, again!

oh, and it was very interesting interviewing for a job in Dodge City, KS a year ago. Those folks knew about falconry and would often smile and relate a story about the time the falconers were in town...

HawkEye
10-28-2012, 10:06 PM
... I have seen more quail, pheasant and bunnies this year than I ever have before....

Hello Chris-
that is good to hear. Do you think it would be possible to find/hunt quail in that area without a dog? My passage coop barely tolerates my dog, and she's been around her for 4 weeks.

Cremmenga
10-28-2012, 10:24 PM
Hello Chris-
that is good to hear. Do you think it would be possible to find/hunt quail in that area without a dog? My passage coop barely tolerates my dog, and she's been around her for 4 weeks.

I never hunt quail with a dog so I'm sure you will do fine! Lets pray for a couple inches of snow! That will help out more than anything!

Lowachi
10-28-2012, 10:34 PM
Our birds don't harm livestock? Rarely even what we're chasing? Must be talking about longwings...and livestock must not include chickens or ducks:D

Hunting white Rocks & Peking ducks again are ya...toungeout ..and I seem to remember you flying a pointy winged lil bugger.....;)

JRedig
10-28-2012, 10:50 PM
Hunting white Rocks & Peking ducks again are ya...toungeout ..and I seem to remember you flying a pointy winged lil bugger.....;)

C'mon rich...everyone has moment's their not proud of!peacee

Lowachi
10-28-2012, 11:14 PM
C'mon rich...everyone has moment's their not proud of!peacee

:D but this on yer corn flakes keeps you from remembering such occurances toungeout

Tasha55403
10-29-2012, 01:30 AM

ROFLMAO :) I did indeed fly a pointy-winged thing. Actually-I've technically flown 3, all different species, too! Come to think of it...they're the only 3 I didn't take any wild game with either:eek:. Although, that was more due to losing 2 of them early in the hunting gamefrus) But I have never caught any chickens or domestic ducks with any species of hawk or falcon...unlike plenty of other folks I know :D

sakerjack
10-29-2012, 06:17 AM
This is the post that Gaz was referring to... they're being posted around Kearney.

if you'd like the pdf, send me a p/m w/your e-address. It's clearer than this scanned print

I would like a PDF as well Rich.

COMEAUX
10-29-2012, 07:12 AM
Hey,anyone saw the advertisment poster for the meet?..some stunning eyecandy appearing on it so im led to believe!!amennnpeaceepeaceepeacee

Ya talking about the horses are the horses ass on the first horse, left side toungeout beeer

ukroper
10-29-2012, 11:03 AM
I would like a PDF as well Rich.

Bring it wit ya Kenn,i will sighn it for you!!peacee

Ya talking about the horses are the horses ass on the first horse, left side toungeout beeer

Be nice Comeaux,..paybacks are a biaatchhhh...mooon

COMEAUX
10-29-2012, 11:25 AM
Bring it wit ya Kenn,i will sighn it for you!!peacee

Be nice Comeaux,..paybacks are a biaatchhhh...mooon
I knew that when I posted it peacee but could not stop my hands from typing it :eek: See ya soon with a shit load (whack) of Z-Bock beeer

ukroper
10-29-2012, 11:32 AM
Soundzs like you da man wit da masterplan..peaceethumbsuppthumbsupppeacee

FredFogg
10-29-2012, 11:53 AM

Rich and everyone, that PDF is a little messed up. I don't know if Rich noticed but the entire poster is supposed to be surrounded by a border and it shows up as a second page of the PDF. I will try and fix it and send you the correct copy Rich. That is, if that is what Ralph meant for it to look like. I guess I should check with him first.

COMEAUX
10-29-2012, 11:54 AM
Yep beeer just wait and see what else I bring peacee

Lowachi
10-29-2012, 12:34 PM
Rich and everyone, that PDF is a little messed up. I don't know if Rich noticed but the entire poster is supposed to be surrounded by a border and it shows up as a second page of the PDF. I will try and fix it and send you the correct copy Rich. That is, if that is what Ralph meant for it to look like. I guess I should check with him first.

Go ahead, was just on the phone w/him. I forwarded the attachment straight ta Ken...so he got both pages;)

FredFogg
10-29-2012, 01:41 PM
Go ahead, was just on the phone w/him. I forwarded the attachment straight ta Ken...so he got both pages;)

Well, I spoke too soon. I can't seem to figure out how to move the outline on the 2nd page to be on the 1st page. I really hate Adobe Acrobat Pro, it sucks.

Lowachi
10-30-2012, 01:53 AM
Well, I spoke too soon. I can't seem to figure out how to move the outline on the 2nd page to be on the 1st page. I really hate Adobe Acrobat Pro, it sucks.
me 2

Paul Strydom
10-30-2012, 02:09 AM
What effect will Hurricane Sandy have on the meet? or should it have blown over by then. Just a bit concerned, flying in to Atlanta on the 16th

COMEAUX
10-30-2012, 05:54 AM
What effect will Hurricane Sandy have on the meet? or should it have blown over by then. Just a bit concerned, flying in to Atlanta on the 16th

It will have blown over,but there will be LOTS of clean up,you will have no problem by then and I did not hear anything about Atlanta getting much of it. Have a safe trip beeer

FredFogg
10-30-2012, 10:27 AM
Pre-registration has been EXTENDED until November 7th!

President Larry Dickerson suggested that the pre-registration for the Kearney Meet be extended until November 7th due to the tremendous outage of electricity on the east coast and to give those folks more time to register with Meet Chairman Ralph Rogers and Registrat Pete Rodas agreeing.

COMEAUX
10-31-2012, 11:14 AM
remember you will need a health certificate to bring your animals into nebraska..
frus)
You also have to have your Vet call this # 402-471-2351 to get an entry # on the HC. I just called to make sure and it was yes you do. Also told they may even check them this year:eek:

FredFogg
11-01-2012, 11:36 PM
I was asked and don't know the answer but does anyone from Nebraska know the requirements for non-resident trapping? I remember Larry putting something in one of his Presidents email messages about it but I can't remember.

Lowachi
11-01-2012, 11:56 PM
I was asked and don't know the answer but does anyone from Nebraska know the requirements for non-resident trapping? I remember Larry putting something in one of his Presidents email messages about it but I can't remember.

I for some reason don't get Larry's msgs anymore, not since Christmas/new years.

Eagle Owl
11-02-2012, 12:05 AM
Here is the application for the permit. Regs are listed after the permit.

http://outdoornebraska.ne.gov/hunting/guides/falconry/pdf/Raptor%20Collecting%20Permit%20062012.pdf

Link to Nebraska Falconry info

http://outdoornebraska.ne.gov/hunting/guides/falconry/falconry.asp

FredFogg
11-02-2012, 12:09 AM
Here is the application for the permit. Regs are listed after the permit.

http://outdoornebraska.ne.gov/hunting/guides/falconry/pdf/Raptor%20Collecting%20Permit%20062012.pdf

Link to Nebraska Falconry info

http://outdoornebraska.ne.gov/hunting/guides/falconry/falconry.asp

Thanks Brandi! I will pass this on to the person that asked.

FredFogg
11-02-2012, 05:50 AM
I for some reason don't get Larry's msgs anymore, not since Christmas/new years.

Rich, go to the Member Lookup on the NAFA website and look up your information and check to see if the email address that NAFA has for you is correct. If it isn't, go into Member Update and update it and you should recieve the email messages. If it is correct, let me know and I will contact Larry and we will figure out why.

Roper
11-02-2012, 09:26 AM
Brandi I went on the sight and the permit if for Raptor Collecting ? that sounds like a trapping permit to me ..?
not a hunting lic. I would like to think we can go to wallmart and get our hunting lic and what ever else we need .. except for the health cert.
can anyone verify this ?

FredFogg
11-02-2012, 10:26 AM
Brandi I went on the sight and the permit if for Raptor Collecting ? that sounds like a trapping permit to me ..?
not a hunting lic. I would like to think we can go to wallmart and get our hunting lic and what ever else we need .. except for the health cert.
can anyone verify this ?

If you look on the NAFA website Meet page (http://www.n-a-f-a.com/Meets.htm), there is a link to the Nebraska Game and Parks Permits and you can buy your hunting license there online, along with your duck stamp and habitat stamp, depending on what you need. And yes, you can also go to Wal-Mart and buy your hunting license when you get there if you want. Brandi was answering my question about non-resident trapping and gave those links for that.

Ken S.
11-02-2012, 01:18 PM
Kansas is only an hour away, aren't the out of state trapping regulations more favorable there?

Roper
11-04-2012, 08:18 PM
Ok Fred ,, thanks, wasnt sure if I was missing something .. (interably possible)

Saluqi
11-06-2012, 05:01 PM
frus)
You also have to have your Vet call this # 402-471-2351 to get an entry # on the HC. I just called to make sure and it was yes you do. Also told they may even check them this year:eek:

Hi Chris,

Sorry but this information is incorrect, there is no required entry number, all you need is a health certificate. You can call that number for confirmation of this. Thanks.

ukroper
11-06-2012, 05:31 PM
WATCH IT DOMSKI!!!..Or we will doctor ya shrimp!!!!!!:D

Saluqi
11-06-2012, 05:36 PM
WATCH IT DOMSKI!!!..Or we will doctor ya shrimp!!!!!!:D

Gaz, my shrimp don't need no doctoring! Thanks for the offer all the same!

Lowachi
11-06-2012, 06:03 PM
Hi Chris,

Sorry but this information is incorrect, there is no required entry number, all you need is a health certificate. You can call that number for confirmation of this. Thanks.

cool, one less problem that I have to deal with....

COMEAUX
11-06-2012, 06:33 PM
Hi Chris,

Paul, I called them and they said that I needed to have my vet call...so who is rightconfusedd

Saluqi
11-06-2012, 06:50 PM
Chris, I called them again just now and spoke to Theresa and she assured me that there is no entry number required, only a health certificate and a falconry permit. After I spoke to her a few hours ago she confirmed what she told me by calling her import supervisor and game & fish and they told her the same thing - no entry number is required. You can call the number and ask for Theresa if you need verbal confirmation.

COMEAUX
11-06-2012, 08:12 PM
Paul,This is all I need do not remember the lady's name that I talked to...she must not be in the loop noidea,see ya at the meet beeer

Lowachi
11-06-2012, 08:28 PM
Paul,This is all I need do not remember the lady's name that I talked to...she must not be in the loop noidea,see ya at the meet beeer
Are you 2 done now????toungeoutpeaceeWas getting exciting there for awhile. I was gonna call!!! bwwaahahaha!

FredFogg
11-06-2012, 08:46 PM
Tomorrow is the last day for pre-registration!

Get ur done!

Lowachi
11-06-2012, 09:17 PM
Tomorrow is the last day for pre-registration!

Get ur done!

I'm in....finallyamennn

Saluqi
11-06-2012, 09:43 PM
Are you 2 done now????toungeoutpeaceeWas getting exciting there for awhile. I was gonna call!!! bwwaahahaha!

Sorry didn't mean to sound like an A-hole, though sometimes I do (and am).

Lowachi
11-06-2012, 09:48 PM
Sorry didn't mean to sound like an A-hole, though sometimes I do (and am).

something else we have in common :D. I was just pokin' fun atcha both. peacee

Tasha55403
11-06-2012, 09:52 PM
There isn't an entry number, but I think the vet DOES need to call in for a number to put ON the health certificate...as part of the health certificate...

FredFogg
11-06-2012, 10:18 PM
I'm in....finallyamennn

Yeah, I just saw that you registered, was wondering what took you so long! LOL

Now what amazes me is there is about 170 folks that registered online and about 30 that mailed in their registration. In todays world of technology, why in the world wouldn't someone use the online registration? LOL And I will be willing to be you that all 30+ of those folks have a really good receiver and transmitter and they are all about that technology but use a computer, their evil I tell ya, pure 666! :eek: LOL :D

JRedig
11-07-2012, 03:21 AM
There isn't an entry number, but I think the vet DOES need to call in for a number to put ON the health certificate...as part of the health certificate...

Not according to ava who's been doing health certs for people going...

Tasha55403
11-07-2012, 03:35 AM

No? Well...nevermind then, I stand corrected :) Sometimes I don't mind being wrong:D

Mitch W
11-07-2012, 10:06 AM

Jeff are you saying our vets don't need to call in and get a number?

Thanks

Saluqi
11-07-2012, 10:30 AM
Jeff are you saying our vets don't need to call in and get a number?

Thanks

That is correct, there is NO number required from the state of Nebraska. Folks read the posts from yesterday, I spent a bunch of time on the phone with Theresa from the Nebraska Dept in charge of issuing import permits and she assured me that there is NO entry number required, only a health certificate from your vet and your falconry permit.

Mitch W
11-08-2012, 07:56 AM
That is correct, there is NO number required from the state of Nebraska. Folks read the posts from yesterday, I spent a bunch of time on the phone with Theresa from the Nebraska Dept in charge of issuing import permits and she assured me that there is NO entry number required, only a health certificate from your vet and your falconry permit.

Thanks for the clarification Paul, I look forward to meeting some of you guys there. Have a safe trip.

FredFogg
11-08-2012, 02:27 PM
PRE-REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED!

You can still register at the desk at the meet but the price goes up! toungeout

See you all in Kearney! peacee

Dirthawking
11-09-2012, 09:19 PM
Probably a real stupid question, but does anybody have the actual physical address for the meet hotel? I can not seem to find it! NAFA did not list it on the meet info.

Dirthawking
11-09-2012, 09:23 PM
Never mind.

Google is my friend tonight!:D

110 South 2nd Avenue[/URL]
Kearney, NE 68847 (http://maps.google.com/maps?rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7ADFA_enUS482&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=kearney+nebraska+hotels&fb=1&gl=us&hq=hotels&hnear=0x87994ebe4347173f:0x971259f104b06445,Kearne y,+NE&sa=X&ei=SqydUMDsMaTg2AXd_oHABw&ved#)

Get directions (http://maps.google.com/maps?rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7ADFA_enUS482&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=kearney+nebraska+hotels&fb=1&gl=us&hq=hotels&hnear=0x87994ebe4347173f:0x971259f104b06445,Kearne y,+NE&sa=X&ei=SqydUMDsMaTg2AXd_oHABw&ved#)

(308) 237-5971

[URL="http://maps.google.com/local_url?dq=kearney+nebraska+hotels&q=http://www.holidayinn.com/redirect%3Fpath%3Dhd%26brandCode%3Dhi%26hotelCode% 3Dearnk%26regionCode%3D1%26localeCode%3Den%26cm_mm c%3Dmdpr-_-GoogleMaps-_-hi-_-earnk&oi=miw&sa=X&ct=miw_link&cd=1&cad=homepage,cid:13391767486520341165&ei=VKydUPaOGtO4wQH_loDwDA&s=ANYYN7nmuMC8PwjULieZBfisLxL69PaMpw"]holidayinn.com (http://maps.google.com/maps?rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7ADFA_enUS482&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=kearney+nebraska+hotels&fb=1&gl=us&hq=hotels&hnear=0x87994ebe4347173f:0x971259f104b06445,Kearne y,+NE&sa=X&ei=SqydUMDsMaTg2AXd_oHABw&ved#)

Tasha55403
11-10-2012, 12:41 AM
Lol, thanks Mario :) You wouldn't believe how many times we've driven into town for the meet and had no idea where the actual hotel was :D There were a lot of last minute "where are we going?!" phone calls in years pastcrazyy:D

Lowachi
11-10-2012, 02:20 AM
Lol, thanks Mario :) You wouldn't believe how many times we've driven into town for the meet and had no idea where the actual hotel was :D There were a lot of last minute "where are we going?!" phone calls in years pastcrazyy:D

ah! Italians ategood for getting you yer "seat" toungeout

seriously, couldn't do it with out him.

ukroper
11-10-2012, 09:22 AM
Never mind.

110 South 2nd Avenue
Kearney, NE 68847

Get directions (http://maps.google.com/maps?rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7ADFA_enUS482&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=kearney+nebraska+hotels&fb=1&gl=us&hq=hotels&hnear=0x87994ebe4347173f:0x971259f104b06445,Kearne y,+NE&sa=X&ei=SqydUMDsMaTg2AXd_oHABw&ved#)

(308) 237-5971

holidayinn.com (http://maps.google.com/local_url?dq=kearney+nebraska+hotels&q=http://www.holidayinn.com/redirect%3Fpath%3Dhd%26brandCode%3Dhi%26hotelCode% 3Dearnk%26regionCode%3D1%26localeCode%3Den%26cm_mm c%3Dmdpr-_-GoogleMaps-_-hi-_-earnk&oi=miw&sa=X&ct=miw_link&cd=1&cad=homepage,cid:13391767486520341165&ei=VKydUPaOGtO4wQH_loDwDA&s=ANYYN7nmuMC8PwjULieZBfisLxL69PaMpw)

IS IT THE OLD WINGATE MATE?..DO YOU ,OR ANYBODY know..confusedd

frootdog
11-10-2012, 10:28 AM
IS IT THE OLD WINGATE MATE?..DO YOU ,OR ANYBODY know..confusedd

Holiday Inn. Same as last time in NE. It's the set up that has 3 hotels in essentially the same parking lot all owned by the same people.

Tasha55403
11-10-2012, 11:52 AM
So yeah...the Wingate, the Hampton and the Holiday Inn...with the waterslide!!!:D

Flatwater Falconer
11-10-2012, 12:15 PM
For the Kearney field meet: Have a big room in the meet hotel to share if anyone needs/wants to. Gals this is a non-smoking, no canines room. PM me if interested. Up to four can use this room. I can't see paying $80 per night to get 6 or 7 hrs sleep and a shower so very willing to share.

Ally
11-13-2012, 01:57 AM
Well, I have some bad news...hit a deer on the interstate on my way home tonight. I'm OK but the car is not, so it looks like the trip is out for me. :(
So definitely sorry to those who I had hoped to donate some blood with, and to Chris for help with the banquet. frus)

Lowachi
11-13-2012, 02:04 AM
Well, I have some bad news...hit a deer on the interstate on my way home tonight. I'm OK but the car is not, so it looks like the trip is out for me. :(
So definitely sorry to those who I had hoped to donate some blood with, and to Chris for help with the banquet. frus)

Glad yer ok Ally, that's the important thing! There's always CO. We'll toast 1 for ya at the dinner and post the pix!

Flatwater Falconer
11-13-2012, 08:06 AM

Oh! That's distressing. Glad you're ok. We've got herds of deer in my area of Neb so it takes everything I've got to avoid collisions. Still, I've hit one and two actually slammed the passenger side of my car at dusk. How that happens is beyond me. confusedd

Hope something pans out and you can make the meet anyway.

Chris L.
11-13-2012, 09:26 AM

Dang Ally I'm sorry to hear that. I'm glad are well and not hurt.

I hope to see you next year.

Peregrine At Heart
11-14-2012, 06:11 PM
Donna, I'm one of those four! ;-)

FredFogg
11-14-2012, 06:36 PM
Never mind.

110 South 2nd Avenue
Kearney, NE 68847

(308) 237-5971

holidayinn.com (http://maps.google.com/local_url?dq=kearney+nebraska+hotels&q=http://www.holidayinn.com/redirect%3Fpath%3Dhd%26brandCode%3Dhi%26hotelCode% 3Dearnk%26regionCode%3D1%26localeCode%3Den%26cm_mm c%3Dmdpr-_-GoogleMaps-_-hi-_-earnk&oi=miw&sa=X&ct=miw_link&cd=1&cad=homepage,cid:13391767486520341165&ei=VKydUPaOGtO4wQH_loDwDA&s=ANYYN7nmuMC8PwjULieZBfisLxL69PaMpw)

Address is on the meet page! Duh! frus) toungeout :D

Dirthawking
11-14-2012, 06:37 PM

Not that I could find. toungeout

frootdog
11-14-2012, 06:39 PM

I thought about mentioning that....... and we just arrived in Kearney!

FredFogg
11-14-2012, 06:42 PM
Not that I could find. toungeout

Uh, says :

Headquarters Hotel: Kearney Holiday Inn and address next!

Oh yeah, Krys, since you are already there, could you tell them to have a mint ready for my pillow Saturday night! LOL :D

Dirthawking
11-14-2012, 06:44 PM
Yes, but they forgot the zip! toungeout

Guess I missed that line. Oh well, I found it either way.

frootdog
11-14-2012, 06:45 PM
Uh, says :

Headquarters Hotel: Kearney Holiday Inn and address next!

Oh yeah, Krys, since you are already there, could you tell them to have a mint ready for my pillow Saturday night! LOL :D

Will do!

FredFogg
11-14-2012, 08:33 PM
Will do!

Save some bunnies for EmmyLou! LOL peacee

michaelberan
11-14-2012, 10:21 PM
Save some bunnies for EmmyLou! LOL peacee

Plenty of bunnies everywhere AND the cover is lower than 2006, we busted a rabbit when we were scouting that ran way out in the open and could have been caught 7 times if we had the birds out.

Lowachi
11-14-2012, 10:26 PM
got this from Ralph Rogers this evening- asup to date as possible:

Rich: Post if you wish: Just back from the big farm Expo... David Slipka helped me all day.... thanks David!! gave away ca. 200 flyers to farmers/ranchers. He is what we consistently heard. Bunnies everywhere...they have never seen so many during harvest; pheasants and quail in pockets but suffering from the drought; good obvious prairie chicken populations is suitable habitat.... if you can find water...there are ducks. Jacks can be found, but still aren't really common in the local area. About what we expected. Weather looks to be great through Thursday. In haste... Ralph

two atta boys Roper!!:D

frootdog
11-14-2012, 11:03 PM

Snowy Owl we saw just after crossing the KS/NE border

BAF (Big A** Flag) in Lincoln, NE

Sunset in Kearney, NE

FredFogg
11-14-2012, 11:19 PM
Question? If I bring a raptor to the meet but I don't hunt it, do I still have to have a hunting license? I don't know if EmmyLou will be ready and figure if it looks like she is ready to free fly during the week, I can run to Wally World and get a hunting license but if I don't need to drop a hundred bucks, hey, that be drinking money! LOL Anyone know?

frootdog
11-14-2012, 11:20 PM
Question? If I bring a raptor to the meet but I don't hunt it, do I still have to have a hunting license? I don't know if EmmyLou will be ready and figure if it looks like she is ready to free fly during the week, I can run to Wally World and get a hunting license but if I don't need to drop a hundred bucks, hey, that be drinking money! LOL Anyone know?

You don't need one if you don't hunt. AND if it's late in the week they have a "cheaper" 3 day permit.

Lowachi
11-14-2012, 11:32 PM
You don't need one if you don't hunt. AND if it's late in the week they have a "cheaper" 3 day permit.

how cheap is cheaper?

FredFogg
11-14-2012, 11:33 PM

Cool, that is what I will probably get then. But I still want to go out and watch you all hunt. So save me a spot.

frootdog
11-14-2012, 11:42 PM
how cheap is cheaper?

If I recall correctly it was $50ish

Lowachi
11-14-2012, 11:51 PM
Cool, that is what I will probably get then. But I still want to go out and watch you all hunt. So save me a spot.

ya me too...I wannagive myself a quarry pin peacee

Eagle Owl
11-15-2012, 12:39 AM
Just looked....they have a 2 day permit for $56. Might as well buy the $81 license. And don't forget the $20 to buy the habitat stamp!

Ken S.
11-15-2012, 09:41 AM
Plenty of bunnies everywhere AND the cover is lower than 2006, we busted a rabbit when we were scouting that ran way out in the open and could have been caught 7 times if we had the birds out.

Woohoo!! Thanks for the updates. I was nervous about game numbers from what I've been reading about the drought, etc.

I'm excited and ready to start driving out NOW... but I can't leave until after work on Friday. :( See you guys Sunday night!

COMEAUX
11-15-2012, 09:55 AM

Michael,What about DUCKS!peacee

Lowachi
11-15-2012, 09:59 AM

if you read what I put up from Ralph," if you can find water--there are ducks"

yer welcome

COMEAUX
11-15-2012, 10:09 AM
[QUOTE=Lowachi;267167]if you read what I put up from Ralph," if you can find water--there are ducks"

yer welcome[/QUOTE

Thanks,bringing my dowsing rod:D

Lowachi
11-15-2012, 10:18 AM
[QUOTE=Lowachi;267167]if you read what I put up from Ralph," if you can find water--there are ducks"

yer welcome[/QUOTE

Thanks,bringing my dowsing rod:D

yer always dowsing, oh! Never mind, my mistake! i thought you meant something different , My bad! ....just don't bring it out in public :eek:

Cremmenga
11-15-2012, 10:39 AM

I haven't been seeing many ducks around the last few weeks. Stick close to the river and you will find a few.

Bunnies, and pheasant are plentiful!!

Chris L.
11-15-2012, 11:01 AM
See you all soon! Please be safe in your travels. This should be a fun meet!

Please stop by and say hello...always a cold beer in the trailer ;)

Lowachi
11-15-2012, 11:09 AM

Please stop by and say hello if you want...always a cold beer in the trailer ;)

Travel safe Brutha. see yathere

Chris L.
11-15-2012, 11:16 AM
Travel safe Brutha. see yathere

I can't wait my friend.. I have a little gift for you ;)... Wait that doesn't sound right

Hey guys I also wanted to add that I may not be able to answer PMs or fix issues quickly while I'm at NAFA. Please be patient during my time out. Thanks and see you all soon

colelkhunter
11-15-2012, 11:21 AM

Please stop by and say hello...always a cold beer in the trailer ;)

Pretty snaazy rig for a poor dirthawker...:D Be careful Chris, see you in a couple days.

Ally
11-15-2012, 01:08 PM
Please post lots of pictures guys...gonna have to live vicariously. I'm really, really sad I'm missing this one. :( Have fun, everyone!

JRedig
11-15-2012, 01:13 PM
I can't wait my friend.. I have a little gift for you ;)... Wait that doesn't sound right

No matter how true it is...doesn't sound right!

Lowachi
11-15-2012, 01:49 PM
No matter how true it is...doesn't sound right!

ah, ain't we all a lil twisted?? beeer makes life interesting, doesn't it???

frootdog
11-15-2012, 01:52 PM
Not seeing much water at all. We have not seen a pheasant or quail yet. BUT everywhere we have been so far has had rabbits.

Cremmenga
11-15-2012, 07:38 PM
Not seeing much water at all. We have not seen a pheasant or quail yet. BUT everywhere we have been so far has had rabbits.

Find the small sand pits near the river. Lots are public. Most had ducks on them today!

frootdog
11-15-2012, 10:44 PM
Find the small sand pits near the river. Lots are public. Most had ducks on them today!

I am not LOOKING for ducks. Just reporting what I have seen so far while out looking for rabbits. Saw a few bodies of water today, but NONE had ducks......

frootdog
11-15-2012, 11:01 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/frootdog/NAFADay211-15-12016.jpg

Slim Jim

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/frootdog/NAFADay211-15-12020.jpg

Dingus

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/frootdog/NAFADay211-15-12025.jpg

Micheal with Dingus?

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/frootdog/NAFADay211-15-12028.jpg

Dingus

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/frootdog/NAFADay211-15-12039.jpg

Chicken Fried and Ryuka

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/frootdog/NAFADay211-15-12048.jpg

Dingus, Ryuka, and Xzin

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/frootdog/NAFADay211-15-12066.jpg

Micheal, Ryuka, and Xzin

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/frootdog/NAFADay211-15-12070.jpg

Micheal, Ryuka, and Xzin

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/frootdog/NAFADay211-15-12073.jpg

Ryuka and she was NOT going to relinquish her hard earned corn cob!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/frootdog/NAFADay211-15-12080.jpg

Ryuka

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/frootdog/NAFADay211-15-12081.jpg

Ryuka

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/frootdog/NAFADay211-15-12082.jpg

Ryuka

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/frootdog/NAFADay211-15-12085.jpg

Ryuka and Xzin

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/frootdog/NAFADay211-15-12098.jpg

Someone was NOT real thrilled to see us

Cremmenga
11-15-2012, 11:02 PM
I am not LOOKING for ducks. Just reporting what I have seen so far while out looking for rabbits. Saw a few bodies of water today, but NONE had ducks......

Ya, the darn drought has all the little puddles dried up this year. Lol making it hard on us! Best of luck, see you guys in a few days!

FredFogg
11-15-2012, 11:50 PM
Uh, where are the pictures of those HH's on rabbits? :D

Lowachi
11-16-2012, 12:21 AM
Uh, where are the pictures of those HH's on rabbits? :D

least it wasn't that long tailed striped rabbit:eek:

Lowachi
11-16-2012, 12:26 AM
just had the guy going to watch my breeders & the rest of my animals back out!!! Have to find another PDQ frus)...I might be delayed.....

colelkhunter
11-16-2012, 12:29 AM
just had the guy going to watch my breeders & the rest of my animals back out!!! Have to find another PDQ frus)...I might be delayed.....

Don't delay too long....We WILL start without you..:D

Tasha55403
11-16-2012, 12:57 AM
Wow, talk about short notice! That really bites Rich! Hope you get it squared away quick...

Lowachi
11-16-2012, 01:33 AM
Don't delay too long....We WILL start without you..:D

OH, YOU WILL! If I can't get out 2moro afternoon, you'll be waiting on me. The rig & weathering yard will be leaving on time tomorrow regardless, I'll just have ta drive out seperate- oh joy. My crew will just have to hold down the fort 'til I get there....ain't missing this if I have to use the Enterprise transporter!!!

FredFogg
11-16-2012, 01:38 AM
OH, YOU WILL! If I can't get out 2moro afternoon, you'll be waiting on me. The rig & weathering yard will be leaving on time tomorrow regardless, I'll just have ta drive out seperate- oh joy. My crew will just have to hold down the fort 'til I get there....ain't missing this if I have to use the Enterprise transporter!!!

Rich, is your apprentice going to the NAFA meet? They make good animal looker afters! LOL :D

Lowachi
11-16-2012, 01:42 AM
Rich, is your apprentice going to the NAFA meet? They make good animal looker afters! LOL :D

too young to drive ......I'd already kicked my self for not having an older apprentice...other than my son;)

FredFogg
11-16-2012, 07:05 AM
Just looked up the 7 day forecast for Kearney and although it shows it being clear and mostly sunny the entire week, it is going to be way too warm for my hawking taste. Highs in the low 60's and lows just a bit over freezing. Oh well, I guess that means less clothing I will have to wear. LOL Leaving work now, see you all in Kearney Saturday evening. Everyone drive safely! peacee

colelkhunter
11-16-2012, 10:54 AM

Hookers work for about 50 a night:D. I think you get the days for free, need to watch pretty woman again...... Cheap insurance if you ask me.

Red-tail71
11-16-2012, 04:09 PM
The Maryland crew is west bound and down!!

frootdog
11-16-2012, 08:05 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/frootdog/NAFADay311-16-12001.jpg

Dingus and Slim Jim

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/frootdog/NAFADay311-16-12002.jpg

Micheal

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/frootdog/NAFADay311-16-12009.jpg

Slim Jim

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/frootdog/NAFADay311-16-12011.jpg

Xzin

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/frootdog/NAFADay311-16-12016.jpg

Chicken Fried

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/frootdog/NAFADay311-16-12030.jpg

Chicken Fried

colelkhunter
11-17-2012, 05:46 AM
Headed west! See you degenerates tonight!

FredFogg
11-17-2012, 07:17 AM
Headed west! See you degenerates tonight!

Why such a late start? toungeout :D

JRedig
11-17-2012, 08:42 AM
Some of the MN gang is road bound, should be in this afternoon!! The dogs are going bonkers watching all their stuff get loaded!

ukroper
11-17-2012, 11:57 AM
We are gonna eat then get on the road to Kearney..see yall for a 'beer' laterpeaceepeacee

FredFogg
11-17-2012, 12:15 PM
I am here and I want to see something die this afternoon, anyone want to go hawking, let me know!

frootdog
11-17-2012, 07:43 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/frootdog/NAFA1.jpg

Bunny!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/frootdog/NAFA2.jpg

BUNNY!!!!!!!!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/frootdog/NAFA3.jpg

Xzin

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/frootdog/NAFA4.jpg

Xzin

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/frootdog/NAFA5.jpg

How high can YOU jump?!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/frootdog/NAFA6.jpg

I think the wrong animal is flying......

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/frootdog/NAFA7.jpg

Slim Jim coming in for his shot

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/frootdog/NAFA8.jpg

Slim and Xzin

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/frootdog/NAFA9.jpg

Not quite as high this time but Slim goes under the rabbit and this one lives for another day!

Goshawk635
11-19-2012, 12:35 AM
Awesome sequence :)

HawkEye
11-20-2012, 02:08 AM
Kearney kill--
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/wkAw5_4KF0G9oznLl6zfnzJunBCigqvTLiN4oYQeFco?feat=d irectlink

not quite as big of a game bag as Krys, but maybe some day...
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/bTpDIQGIjIxM4w5UcpdeYjJunBCigqvTLiN4oYQeFco?feat=d irectlink

Leather
11-23-2012, 04:42 PM
The hunting was great, the company was even better!
http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy101/Leathers71/DSC_7423.jpg

GONEHAWKN
11-23-2012, 07:39 PM
Great pic Eric! Whose the big goofy looking guy on the left standing behind you?

FredFogg
11-23-2012, 07:46 PM
Great pic Eric! Whose the big goofy looking guy on the left standing behind you?

That would be me! LOL toungeout :D Don't be dissing Mr. Mike! box2

FredFogg
11-23-2012, 10:24 PM
Banquet time!

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii68/FredrickFogg/8F20EC1A-A335-4F6D-817E-5BE5F8F89CD8-6010-000007BDFEE29FED.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii68/FredrickFogg/8B5ABF47-B53A-4895-8463-067758A25CD8-6010-000007BE125F1F6D.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii68/FredrickFogg/E2C63954-9A5C-43B8-B859-94DDBAE7AE89-6010-000007BE2ECCA1AA.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii68/FredrickFogg/84D164DC-E0D7-4514-A13B-A629108CCD7D-6010-000007BE3950C15D.jpg

FredFogg
11-23-2012, 10:31 PM
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii68/FredrickFogg/41C890E9-78EE-4124-9178-9CE4DD7DEED0-6010-000007C2A5D79BF6.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii68/FredrickFogg/0B9A5C89-EB14-4761-AE98-EC96897B863A-6054-000007C3858B2CFB.jpg

FredFogg
11-23-2012, 10:34 PM
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii68/FredrickFogg/C5DD99BC-260A-4A22-8B9B-F791F2CC5C6B-6054-000007C4A6427A49.jpg

FredFogg
11-23-2012, 10:59 PM
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii68/FredrickFogg/DFB96521-4198-4B2C-BC02-1163D6D596ED-6054-000007C8FF82DC1A.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii68/FredrickFogg/1FB928C1-A472-43AC-A28C-327EA862611A-6054-000007CAB8BC0F35.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii68/FredrickFogg/41A1344F-09AD-436C-8430-F98CD1029E6F-6054-000007CAA62CC2DF.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii68/FredrickFogg/D53ED228-8713-4DFC-88BF-6BFA754F7EBC-6054-000007CAB1487E51.jpg

Dakota
11-24-2012, 07:17 PM
Around the yard...

http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/ad246/fjk57/PB180114.jpg?t=1353769135

http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/ad246/fjk57/PB190141.jpg?t=1353770173

http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/ad246/fjk57/PB190157.jpg?t=1353770777

http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/ad246/fjk57/PB190153.jpg?t=1353770627

http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/ad246/fjk57/PB200172.jpg?t=1353771354

http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/ad246/fjk57/PB210188.jpg?t=1353771973

http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/ad246/fjk57/PB180109.jpg?t=1353768935

Dakota
11-24-2012, 07:31 PM
Couple of Icons, know who they are?

http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/ad246/fjk57/PB210191.jpg?t=1353772080

Here is Heath, from Arkansas with his new Tundra, remounted higher than initial pitch, when I saw it fly, very impressive!

http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/ad246/fjk57/PB200171.jpg?t=1353771319

Here is Chris Comeaux with his 14 year old falcon and a Gadwal, good flight with people from Italy and Russia looking on.

http://i940.photobucket.com/albums/ad246/fjk57/PB200164.jpg?t=1353771047

Red-tail71
11-24-2012, 08:26 PM
Great pictures everyone! 22 hrs a few traffic jams and few more restroom breaks and we are back in MD. We had a great time! I would like to thank everyone for their camaraderie. What an awesome experience!

mainefalconer
11-24-2012, 11:00 PM
Dave,

It was great finally meeting you in person. I had a good time hawking with you and the Moreland Men!! See you in a couple of months at the PA meet!!

Everyone else.... thanks for sharing some pictures.
What a fantastic meet it was. A great big thank you to Ralph Rogers and his team for organizing it, and to everyone who attended. I hit the highway pretty hard all day and I'm currently in a hotel room in Chicago. Looking forward to getting back to Maine and getting my gos onto some ducks. I'll have to post a few pictures here once I'm home and "back in action."

Saluqi
11-24-2012, 11:02 PM
Dave,

It was great finally meeting you in person. I had a good time hawking with you and the Moreland Men!! See you in a couple of months at the PA meet!!

What a fantastic meet it was. A great big thank you to Ralph Rogers and his team for organizing it, and to everyone who attended. I hit the highway pretty hard all day and I'm currently in a hotel room in Chicago. Looking forward to getting back to Maine and getting my gos onto some ducks. I'll have to post a few pictures here once I'm home and "back in action."

Drive safe Scott, we had a fantastic time at the meet, it was monumental! We made our 700 miles in about 11 hours today.

Wayne Finnish gosbreeder
11-24-2012, 11:14 PM
Hi all would like to thankyou all for making my dad Dave and uncle Andy from the uk welcome they really enjoyed ther selfs and had a fantastic time

I have seen photos of some that he has taken and I think of I can get I will come and see what you lot get up to next year

thankyou again
Atb wayne

Lowachi
11-24-2012, 11:54 PM
Drive safe Scott, we had a fantastic time at the meet, it was monumental! We made our 700 miles in about 11 hours today.

Yes drive safe Scott, & glad ya made it safe Paul.
& yes it was great ta put some more faces ta the names. Even tho I missed the beginning I had a great time.....clapp
and Mario & Brandi, It definitely couldn't have been pulled together on time without you two and my boys, Ian & Brandon....clappclappclappclapp
to say nothing of my lovely wife driving the yard out thereclappclappclappfirstson our 2nd honeymoon tripclappclappclapp love you.....amennn

thanks!!!!!

Paul Mascuch
11-25-2012, 12:40 AM
Rich -

A big thank you to you and your whole crew for your great work at the weathering yard.

Paul

gyrkin
11-25-2012, 09:18 AM
Hi,

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to Chris L., Chris C., Heath G., Chris P., Ken H., Paul D. and to everyone that I met during this meet and who made this trip so special to me. I had an awesome time.

Thanks again.

sakerjack
11-25-2012, 10:11 AM
Hi,

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to Chris L., Chris C., Heath G., Chris P., Ken H., Paul D. and to everyone that I met during this meet and who made this trip so special to me. I had an awesome time.

Thanks again.

Howdy Ambro!!!

Lowachi
11-25-2012, 11:01 AM
Hi,

Thanks again.
niice ta have metcha.

gyrkin
11-25-2012, 11:37 AM
niice ta have metcha.

It was nice meeting you too Rich.
You guys did an amazing job in the weathering yard.

Lowachi
11-25-2012, 05:45 PM
while I'm thinking about it again, & since I couldn't at dinner Fri nite, here's some the rest of my thank yous... Mario can jump in with his own ;) and will I'm sure....
I wanna thank Krys & Chris Lynn for the 'refreshments", and to whomever brought by the bottle before I got there, I apologize because Kim didn't get your name.
Mewskeeper Comeaux, I'll just have to keep that TX special for another time.
it'll remain unopened brother 'til I see you again

Thanks to Mr. Duffy for my Beachshirt for Thursday nite.
Dave Nobel & co. for that cheesecake

And thanks for the truffles, oreos, cigars & other treats.

Thanks to Flatwater Donna, Mark Churchill, the Kimsey crew, Cliff Kellogg, my sons, Brandon & Ian & who ever else's name escapes me,( & I Know therewas a good handfull) for helping Mario & I tearing down the yard, as well as the tent, & stowing it away while we were doing quarry pins & such. Pretty much record time too.

And a big thanks to David "Roper" Slipka for running out coffee & rolls out in the morning "from the restaurant". We appreciate it my ol' friend, all they more cause I know the truth of who & where they really came from.;)

Don't know how long I'll continue to, or get to, do the yard. I serve at the pleasure of each year's Meet Chair, but thank you all for the trust you show in us. The friendships Kim and I've made over all these years have made the cold days alot warmer and most of ya have made a lasting mark. For these things and a few I choose to keep to myself, I thank you all. I WILL see ya in Alamosa.

thecprice
11-25-2012, 07:54 PM
Hi,

Thanks again.

Hey man, great fun hawking with ya! sorry we missed you for some drinks, next time you don't show we'll send out a search party.
Chris Price

Cremmenga
11-25-2012, 07:57 PM
I have met about a dozen falconers named Chris this week!! Lol

Flatwater Falconer
11-25-2012, 09:29 PM
17 year old Nebraska pre-apprentice Noah Young pitched in like a trooper too. Good guy.

Peregrine At Heart
11-25-2012, 11:10 PM
Wish I could have stayed for the whole meet!! Thanks to everyone who made this meet possible!!!!! I believe everyone enjoyed themselves....I know I did!! :) :)

COMEAUX
11-26-2012, 06:19 AM
I had a great time at the meet only bad thing was all the $5 raffle items:eek: That will be fixed next year...I hope.It was great to finally meet Ken Hooke,THANK YOU for the Coonass Shrimp Boil Hoodhaill I got a lot of second looks when Oddsod had it on! Ambrise,glad you came and THANK YOU for your help Thursday. I met some other folks but David from MD stands out,we talked a few times on the days hunt.Nice to meet ya David hope ya make it next yearbeeer

colelkhunter
11-26-2012, 02:42 PM
Chris you are a barefoot class act and the shrimp boil was a homerun. OK, Ok, Ok.......but the shrimp boil was awesome.:D

COMEAUX
11-26-2012, 04:01 PM
Chris you are a barefoot class act and the shrimp boil was a homerun. OK, Ok, Ok.......but the shrimp boil was awesome.:D

Thanks Brian, good meeting you...but to be clear did you like the shrimp or notpeacee be there next year,gonna do it again!!beeer

Ken S.
11-26-2012, 04:29 PM
Hi,

Thanks again.

It was great to meet you! I can't believe we didn't win that telemetry contest...

colelkhunter
11-26-2012, 04:56 PM
Thanks Brian, good meeting you...but to be clear did you like the shrimp or notpeacee be there next year,gonna do it again!!beeer

Ken Hooke, Bill Mcbride, Tasha and my buddy Jeff Fincher were all eating on the hood of my truck. Ken looks over and says " These are great, we don't get this kinda stuff in canada, Bill Chimes in with, " They are good but my face and lips are on Fire! Tasha, jeff and myself never let up on them long enough to respond. They were some kinda good.

gyrkin
11-26-2012, 08:09 PM
It was great to meet you! I can't believe we didn't win that telemetry contest...

Hey! It was great meeting you too! The older generation really showed us how things should be done! Next time we'll have to be more prepared. It was still lots of fun.

Tasha55403
11-26-2012, 09:20 PM
It was fantastic Chris, as always :)peacee

everetkhorton
11-26-2012, 10:29 PM
Great pictures everyone! 22 hrs a few traffic jams and few more restroom breaks and we are back in MD. We had a great time! I would like to thank everyone for their camaraderie. What an awesome experience!

Dave.
Was nice to meet you! Nice to see a nice showing of members from the fourm. Still in Kearney with car probems. Glad to see you made it home
ok!
EV

Red-tail71
11-27-2012, 04:44 PM
Dave,

It was a pleasure to meet you Scott! We had a blast and I look forward to hawking with you and Bill together in PA. Take care and I will chat with you soon!

Red-tail71
11-27-2012, 04:46 PM
Dave.
Was nice to meet you! Nice to see a nice showing of members from the fourm. Still in Kearney with car probems. Glad to see you made it home
ok!
EV

It was a pleasure meeting you Mr Everett! I HOPE our paths cross again in the future! Take care!

mainefalconer
11-27-2012, 06:05 PM
Okay folks, here's a few more pics for you...

Attaching a remote control antenna to a "raspy-throated puke hawk" toungeout
http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz163/scottmcneff/DSC_0131.jpg

A bunch of us bailed out on the Thanksgiving meal, and Domski's daughter and I made a meal for the crowd pictured here.
http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz163/scottmcneff/DSC_0029-004.jpg

Kimsey entertaining us all with his first rate musical abilities:
http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz163/scottmcneff/DSC_0031-003.jpg

One of our own (Slipka) took a day off from hawking and competed in a roping competition with a pile of grown men that like to dress up like cowboys and torture small cows :D (sorry David, I couldn't resist)
http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz163/scottmcneff/DSC_0033-003.jpg

Techno-weenie extraordinairre entertains us in the evenings with his silly little what-nots: peacee
http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz163/scottmcneff/DSC_0039-002.jpg

Mikey, rippin' it up!
http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz163/scottmcneff/DSC_0053.jpg

Mr. Mutch, of P-fund fame, after a fantastic flight at a single prairie chicken:
http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz163/scottmcneff/DSC_0064-001.jpg

Mutch's peregrine, slowing down, after flying like a raped ape (is that expression acceptable here?)
http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz163/scottmcneff/DSC_0057-001.jpg

A gaggle of merliners watching Dianne's columbarius imprint ball up a flock of starlings while trying to avoid a continuous onslaught of attacks from a wild prairie falcon:
http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz163/scottmcneff/DSC_0071.jpg

mainefalconer
11-27-2012, 06:14 PM
Domski's Barbary, at lift-off:
http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz163/scottmcneff/DSC_0088.jpg

When you're flying a good gos at a meet with 500 attendees, this is what the field looks like behind you...
http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz163/scottmcneff/DSC_0110.jpg

I had a GREAT time cruising with the Maryland crowd, looking for a slip for this little K-bird:
http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz163/scottmcneff/DSC_0123.jpg

This is how I fly my coops... urban style... parkour!
http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz163/scottmcneff/DSC_0124.jpg

Friday night, banquet dinner:
http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz163/scottmcneff/DSC_0074-001.jpg

Kearney, in the rear-view, on the way out of town on Saturday:
http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz163/scottmcneff/DSC_0083-001.jpg

sakerjack
11-27-2012, 06:39 PM
Hey Scott, great photos,, It was a real pleasure to meet you and the rest of the NAFEX Gang,,, Perhaps in two years I can do it again in Texas.

FredFogg
11-27-2012, 09:41 PM
Attaching a remote control antenna to a "raspy-throated puke hawk" toungeout
http://i824.photobucket.com/albums/zz163/scottmcneff/DSC_0131.jpg

Ok, be honest Scott, do you really think EmmyLou was vocal for a Harris Hawk? She is pretty darn quiet, if I have to say so myself! Oh wait, I understand now why you thought she was raspy, you weren't drinking! And seriously, what was up with that you big weenie! LOL toungeout :D

mainefalconer
11-27-2012, 10:59 PM
Fred, I'm just teasing. It's my job to make fun of Harris' hawks whenever the opportunity presents itself. I actually don't recall hearing a peep out of your bird while we were there. I just can't help myself. Come on though... don't you think they sound like they're retching?

Hey, by the way... do you know why people fly them in groups?
Because it takes more than one to get the job done!
:Dtoungeout:D

Good hanging with you in Kearney.
See you soon!

arkyhawker
11-27-2012, 11:18 PM
Hi,

Thanks again.

Ambroise, it was great having you out with us most of the week. I just wish the birds were actually successful after all the effort we (including the birds) put in on each slip. Great to meet you and look forward to seeing you again at future falconry events!

NMHighPlains
11-28-2012, 10:50 AM
Fred, I'm just teasing. It's my job to make fun of Harris' hawks whenever the opportunity presents itself.

LOL....

Lowachi
11-28-2012, 10:58 AM
Fred, I'm just teasing. It's my job to make fun of Harris' hawks whenever the opportunity presents itself. I actually don't recall hearing a peep out of your bird while we were there. I just can't help myself. Come on though... don't you think they sound like they're retching?

Hey, by the way... do you know why people fly them in groups?
Because it takes more than one to get the job done!
:Dtoungeout:D

Good hanging with you in Kearney.
See you soon!

not alot of HH fliers in your directorate??? not seeking re-election or just testing the water for thehighest chance of being given a swirly at the next meet??? These HH folks get touchy amennn. Some big un's wear cowboy hats & chase cows on horseback.......:D