PDA

View Full Version : Ohio Falconry Association 2012 Apprentice Workshop (Saturday, June 9th)

Joby
05-10-2012, 10:16 PM
This was sent out to all OFA members, but I thought I'd also post it here as well....

On Saturday, June 9th from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. the Ohio Falconry Association (OFA) will be hosting the 2nd annual OFA Apprentice Workshop in Columbus, Ohio. This workshop is appropriate for all new apprentices waiting to trap their first bird, as well as for all prospective falconers looking to find out a bit more about the sport. The workshop will cover a variety of topics including: regulations, equipment, trapping and training, hunting with your bird, telemetry (practice included), and many more things.

As part of the workshopo, all participants will have the opportunity to make a pair of their own kangaroo anklets and jesses (RT or Kessie size) while at the workshop. The workshop will be held at the District One ODNR headquarters, which is located at 1500 Dublin Road, Columbus, Ohio. There will be a $10 fee which will cover the cost for materials and lunch.

Please send an RSVP to me, Joe Dorrian, at jdorrian@wideopenwest.com if you plan to attend. This will ensure that we have enough food and materials available for all in attendance.

Lowachi
05-11-2012, 02:26 AM
wish it was closer, I'd send my apprentice. Need to get something like this
here.

DirtHawker
05-11-2012, 04:10 AM
The Michigan Hawking Club will be doing one July 21, but I don't think that would be any closer, as it will be located about 30 miles north of Detroit.
Sue