PDA

View Full Version : NW Indiana Hello

wilkiesc
06-22-2012, 10:17 PM
Hello all. I'm new(ish) to falconry. I've been picking up books on raptors for years (thanks to InterLibrary Loans) and am still spending my time craving the sought after apprenticeship. I'm finishing my Master's in Human Biology before heading off to medical school. I took a course in Ornithology for graduate credit! How cool is that?!?! Hopefully I'll have the time to start practicing the sport in about 5 more years frus)!

I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. On a side note, I was thinking about attending a falconry event in Michigan (much closer to me than the Indiana sites) this summer. Would it be poor tact to attend knowing full well that I can't be overly involved for the next few years?

FredFogg
06-22-2012, 10:21 PM
Hey Scott, (welc) to NAFEX! And by no means would it be improper to attend an event in Michigan. I think those folks up there would really appreciate your knowing your limits with medical school and having the patience to wait to jump into our life style. But let me warn you, those Michigan falconers are a crazy bunch! LOL :D

wilkiesc
06-22-2012, 10:23 PM
That's the way I like it!

Thanks for the feedback.

krichcreek
07-14-2012, 12:21 AM
Scott, I'm in Niles MI. Are you close? If so, I might be able to point you to some interesting spots.

wilkiesc
07-14-2012, 12:45 AM
I'm probably about an hour from Niles. My uncle lives up there and I drop by a few times a year for some fishing. He's a guide on the St. Joseph River - how awesome of a job is that?!?! I also make a few trips per year to East Lansing, so it seems as if I'm always driving through the general area. :)

DirtHawker
07-14-2012, 09:53 PM
As you know we look forward to seeing you, we currently look like we are going to have a good turnout, Currently there are 17 people registered, and another couple are possible. So it may be packed but it will be a good day.
Sue
Just hope the weather holds, otherwise we will be eating in the garage.

wilkiesc
07-15-2012, 12:21 AM
Wow! Glad to hear there will be a good turnout. I'm looking forward to it!