PDA

View Full Version : 2013 NAFA/PFHT Regional Meet

FredFogg
10-16-2012, 03:15 PM
Hey folks, I just put out the information on the NAFA website for the joint NAFA and PFHT Regional Meet to be held in January 2013. I am still working on the Online Registration and the Mail In Registration forms, so keep watching the Regional Meet page (http://www.n-a-f-a.com/RegMeet.htm) for when they will be available.

For all you folks on the east coast that don't want to drive all the way out to Kearney, NE or to some of the other NAFA meet sites, here is your chance to attend a meet with a much shorter drive. Hope to see you all there!

Lowachi
10-17-2012, 01:37 AM
Hey folks, I just put out the information on the NAFA website for the joint NAFA and PFHT Regional Meet to be held in January 2013. I am still working on the Online Registration and the Mail In Registration forms, so keep watching the Regional Meet page (http://www.n-a-f-a.com/RegMeet.htm) for when they will be available.

For all you folks on the east coast that don't want to drive all the way out to Kearney, NE or to some of the other NAFA meet sites, here is your chance to attend a meet with a much shorter drive. Hope to see you all there!

Actually thinking about it myself...depends;) on whether I'm hawking or have to do the yard :D

FredFogg
10-19-2012, 01:32 PM
Actually thinking about it myself...depends;) on whether I'm hawking or have to do the yard :D

Come to it Rich and let someone else do the yard and we can go hawking during the day and drink some good ole #7 at night!

FredFogg
10-26-2012, 01:06 PM
Registration is now available, see the Regional Meet page (http://www.n-a-f-a.com/RegMeet.htm) on the NAFA website!

PHILADELPHIA CITY HAWKER
10-26-2012, 01:37 PM
Easy to register, I though it was a nice feature that you can pay for NAFA and PFHT membership renewal at the same time you register.

falcipiter
10-26-2012, 02:41 PM
My hat is off and I am bowed to Fred for putting this up. Please feel free to contact me if any of you have any questions and hopefully the hotel will still be standing after "Sandy" comes ashore!
Cheers,

FredFogg
12-03-2012, 01:22 AM
OK folks, registration for the PFHT meet ends December 15th, so go to the link above and register online if you plan on attending. I will be there, so if I didn't meet you at the NAFA meet in Kearney, look me up in Lancaster and let's have a beer or two or three or ........ :D

JRedig
12-03-2012, 01:44 AM
I was thinkin' 'bout this, but after google mapping the routes...it's just too far for the day after new years!

FredFogg
12-03-2012, 04:04 AM
I was thinkin' 'bout this, but after google mapping the routes...it's just too far for the day after new years!

You don't have to come on the 2nd, come on the 3rd or 4th. I will leave some bunnies for you! toungeout :D

Ken S.
12-03-2012, 02:22 PM
I will definitely be there. It's about a 40 minute drive for me... which is a HUGE difference from the 24 hours of driving it took to get to Nebraska!

Lowachi
12-03-2012, 02:32 PM
work changed sh*t again, & I have to be back on Wed. & my vacation time doesn't renew until the 22nd. So I guess I'm going to miss out on this landmark happening. FF, take plenty of pix, & tip one for me!

FredFogg
12-03-2012, 07:57 PM
work changed sh*t again, & I have to be back on Wed. & my vacation time doesn't renew until the 22nd. So I guess I'm going to miss out on this landmark happening. FF, take plenty of pix, & tip one for me!

Hate to hear this Rich! But I have to say, I will be tipping more than one for you! LOL

FredFogg
12-03-2012, 07:57 PM
I will definitely be there. It's about a 40 minute drive for me... which is a HUGE difference from the 24 hours of driving it took to get to Nebraska!

Look me up Ken, will be nice to meet you!

Red-tail71
12-03-2012, 09:42 PM
All set, I am registered! See ya there Fred! I will bring a turkey neck for Emmy Lou! :D

Ken S.
12-04-2012, 10:37 AM
Look me up Ken, will be nice to meet you!

Hey Fred, we've met but not talked. And I think I sat 3 chairs to your right at the Nafex dinner. I was on the other side of Heather though so you probably didn't look past her! lol

FredFogg
12-04-2012, 11:19 AM
Hey Fred, we've met but not talked. And I think I sat 3 chairs to your right at the Nafex dinner. I was on the other side of Heather though so you probably didn't look past her! lol

Well, beside the beautiful girl beside me from Alaska and then Heather, you can kind of understand how my eyes didn't get that far down the table. And then there was those thiefs that stole my ring perch that Caleb so graciously traded to me, so I was occupied. And I can assure you, the alcohol had nothing to do with it. LOL Let's chat some in Lancaster and have a few beers.

mainefalconer
12-04-2012, 11:36 AM
Ashamed to admit that it took me this long to get around to it, but I JUST registered. See you folks there! :D

MarkT
12-04-2012, 12:04 PM
I wish I could make it this year, but since I can't, I'm really hoping it happens again next year. Have fun everyone.

FredFogg
12-09-2012, 08:43 PM
Ashamed to admit that it took me this long to get around to it, but I JUST registered. See you folks there! :D

Bring the beer Scott and I will help you drink it! LOL But seriously, let's do some hawking together this time. I am a great brush beater, much better at it than I am at falconry! LOL

And for everyone else, tick tock, tick tock! Time to register is winding down.

joekoz
12-09-2012, 08:57 PM
Made my hotel reservation at the meet hotel about 2 months ago, and registered on-line when the capability first became available. Have been waiting to see an East Coast NAFA meet for some time now, and am really looking forward to attending this event.

mainefalconer
12-10-2012, 09:57 AM
Sounds good to me Fred. See you there! And looking forward to seeing you again as well Joe, and everyone else. It's coming up quick! :D

Mzingie
12-10-2012, 10:00 AM
Got my registration squared away a few days ago. Can't wait to see everyone there.

falcipiter
12-10-2012, 11:20 AM
I am getting the reservations to come in now and we are gearing up for a real fantastic meet. The Pa hawkers are reporting excellent game numbers in the Lancaster area. My good friend Gary Bolis actually caught a Black Duck with the first captive bred Goshawk on in that area on Saturday. Great job for a couple of old guys.
One of the gifts for registering is a print that will is worth framing and putting up on any wall. It is not your typical meet print. Done on Acid free paper, signed and numbered with a special meet edition and included in your registration costs. (It would cost you more for the print if purchased in an art gallery.) Plus a very high quality t-shirt and meet pin.
I am looking forward to meeting up with any and all of the attending NAFEX members. Please introduce yourselves when you come.
See you all there.
Chairman, Michael

FredFogg
12-14-2012, 01:19 PM
Online Registration has been extended until December 30th so if you are still undecided about attending the meet, you have a little more time to make up your mind.

Mail In Registration forms will not be available after December 15th (tomorrow), so if you plan on mailing in your form with a check, do it today.

See you all in Lancaster!

FredFogg
12-16-2012, 09:16 AM
Oooops, that should have said December 28th! frus)

Lowachi
12-16-2012, 11:19 AM
Oooops, that should have said December 28th! frus)

Where??? instead of 30 or 15?? no smart a**, just clarifying.peacee

FredFogg
12-16-2012, 04:30 PM
Where??? instead of 30 or 15?? no smart a**, just clarifying.peacee
On the website, the regional page was changed to say online registration extended until the 30th and it should have said 28th. I changed it yesterday. The mail in forms cutoff was yesterday and I am taking them off the regional meet page as we speak, so online registration is the only way now up until the 28th. Sorry for the confusion but I am good at that! LOL :D

dwit1990
01-31-2013, 07:58 PM
This is a little overdue due to my "broken" forum account, but I wanted to say how great a time I had at this meet. It was my first experience with falconry and a few people made it really stand out. First, to Michael Kuriga for answering a frantic email the night before asking if it was okay to come and for introducing me to a few of the PA falconers. Second to Fred from NC for his advice on getting through the test, inspections, etc. To Dave for helping me find someone to go beat bushes for. And last but most importantly John Parks and his son Beau and their 26 year old male HH Ike for showing me a great time in the field. I had a great time watching Ike thrash those bunnies - so exciting when he put one in the bag.

Hopefully all of you or at least some of you will see this and know I appreciated your time and effort at the meet.

Best,
Dan

Lowachi
01-31-2013, 08:07 PM
sounds ike you fell into great company. Welcome to a new world and experience, and to NAFEX.

falcipiter
01-31-2013, 10:10 PM
Dan,
That made my day. Having a positive experience and response from a "Newbee" like this made the work worthwhile.
For those of you that attended: There is a questionaire going out and please take a few minutes to respond. It will help NAFA plan for any future Regional meet.
Thanks,
Michael

dwit1990
02-01-2013, 12:06 PM
Rich, you are correct, great time and great group. I've been "lurking" per se for a while and it seems that this is a genuinely welcoming place that provides shared knowledge for all.

Michael,
Interestingly enough, if you can remember, my girlfriend was with me. She is an 8 year volunteer with the Raptor Education Foundation in the Aurora, CO area. She told a close friend of hers (Anne) that we went to a meet and apparently you built a perch for one of their peregrines, Mirage, a while back. Small world?

-Dan