PDA

View Full Version : Hi From Alaska

jim99705
10-20-2012, 02:34 PM
I'm Jim from North Pole, Alaska.
I'm 52 and haven't flown a bird for a REALLY long time (unless you count my parrots, macaws, and various stray jays)!
Only now checking out all the rules and regulations, but with our newly adopted regs feel very confident and hopeful in my ability to find a sponsor and wreak havoc on the local grouse population :)

Chris L.
10-20-2012, 02:45 PM
Hi Jim

Welcome to NAFEX. Great to hear your getting back in the saddle. Please post some pics of your adventures. I think Alaska is beautiful

How did you hear about NAFEX? I like to know how new members find us

Again, welcome

jim99705
10-20-2012, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the welcome Chris.
I know, right.......Alaska IS beautiful!
I've only been here for 16 years but can't even imagine living anywhere else ( OK I CAN but it's never as good)!
And methinks you be too humble.....this is THE place for internet falconry comradery and pretty much everyone knows that I think. Our regional falconry rep at ADF&G told me about the site and I've spent some time lurking, just finally decided to join.
You seem to have done an incredible job including many diverse ideas and ideals into one place with your skillful communication and moderation. haill
Is that enough sucking up to use another cool smilie?
rtsqrl lol, I just love this one.

Really though.......great site!

Chris L.
10-23-2012, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the welcome Chris.
I know, right.......Alaska IS beautiful!
I've only been here for 16 years but can't even imagine living anywhere else ( OK I CAN but it's never as good)!
And methinks you be too humble.....this is THE place for internet falconry comradery and pretty much everyone knows that I think. Our regional falconry rep at ADF&G told me about the site and I've spent some time lurking, just finally decided to join.
You seem to have done an incredible job including many diverse ideas and ideals into one place with your skillful communication and moderation. haill
Is that enough sucking up to use another cool smilie?
rtsqrl lol, I just love this one.

Really though.......great site!

Hi Jim,

I have almost pulled the trigger and moved to alaska several times. I have always dreamed of moving there... You never know

Thank you for the kind words about NAFEX. The forum has come along way since it's beginning back in 2006. It blows my mind we have over 6,000 members and the site continues to move in a positive direction each day. I can't take all of the credit for the success of the site. It's the members and the moderators that make it the resource it is.

I hope you continue to find value in NAFEX and please do share your hawking adventures with us

happy hawking

Chris