View Full Version : From Canadian Prairies

guthormsen
11-11-2012, 10:48 AM
Good Morning,

I live in the heart of the Canadian Prairies and enjoy hawking whatever quarry is available. Here at home that is ducks is Sept/ October, Grouse and Huns until February 28th. I love to kill rooster pheasants, and enjoy eating them even more; however, I usually have to travel a few hours to get where I have a chance of actually flying them.

This season started with two tiercel hybrids (Chip and Ghost), Ghost in his second year was killed on his second flight by a horned owl, Frustarting!!

So I have been flying Chip, my hybrid tiercel in his fourth season, most every day. We have been out hawking 52 days so far this season and Chip usually supplies a dramatic flight for us.

I truly enjoy people sharing their game hawking, there being no better or worse, only different.

I generally hate political ramblings, even though politics need to be dealt with, (just not out in the field, or where one should be talking about hawking).

Dale

Saluqi
11-11-2012, 10:56 AM
Hi Dale,

Great to see you here! Politics are off the table on NAFEX, only hawking here. I don't suppose you'll be going to the NAFA meet this year? Should be a good one in Nebraska. Take care.

Chris L.
11-11-2012, 11:43 AM
Hi Dale,

Welcome to NAFEX. You should enjoy this forum as I too hate political ramblings and don't allow that sort of discussion on the forum. Sometimes you will see a thread get off track but most of the time the content on here is fun and informative

I look forward to your post about your hawking adventures. Please don't hesitate to post pictures as well. We all enjoy seeing what others are doing out in the field.

Happy hawking

Chris

poleyc
11-11-2012, 12:14 PM
Hello Dale

Boy did we get a dump of snow at my house!!! I'd venture to say about two and a half feet worth.

Glad to see you on here.

Tom Smith
11-11-2012, 03:26 PM
Hello Dale, Good to see you on here, how have been...outside of falconry.

Falconer54
11-11-2012, 05:26 PM
Good deal Dale, noticed you aren't big on emailing, so maybe you will share some of your hawking stories and pictures here.

sharptail
11-11-2012, 06:46 PM
Welcome aboard!

Lowachi
11-11-2012, 07:07 PM
Hi Dale!! Welcome to the party! More than a few familiar folks on here from time to time.

Pedioecetes
11-12-2012, 01:26 AM
Hi Dale,

So you finally got into NAFEX! Did "Chip" get a grouse today? Pictures are always a bonus. I didn't go out today, wind chill was severe and after church I spent most of the afternoon on the tractor feeding cows and dealing with all this snow. Hopefully tomorrow.

I have to go to Moose Jaw Tuesday morning. Any chance you are coming to town? Rendevous at Tim Horton's a possibility?

guthormsen
11-12-2012, 12:12 PM
Sheila bought me a point and shoot camera so \i do not have to lug around the big videdo stuff, so \i have been taking some stills.

How do I post them, I could not find ameans to attach to these posts.

I am alright, but our 30 year old son is home convalescing from Brain surgery as well as a broken leg (believe it or not the broken leg was a blessing as that allowed them to find the fist sized tumor). This has consumed a lot of my time of late!! But hawking must go on!!

Sheila and I are going haweking at 1:30 today.

dale

Jason123
11-12-2012, 04:28 PM
greetings dale. I always enjoyed the videos of your adventures. Im sure your pictures and stories will be well received. Show these guys a link to your videos if you have one its worth it.

Tom Smith
11-12-2012, 04:46 PM
Sheila bought me a point and shoot camera so \i do not have to lug around the big videdo stuff, so \i have been taking some stills.

How do I post them, I could not find ameans to attach to these posts.

I am alright, but our 30 year old son is home convalescing from Brain surgery as well as a broken leg (believe it or not the broken leg was a blessing as that allowed them to find the fist sized tumor). This has consumed a lot of my time of late!! But hawking must go on!!

Sheila and I are going haweking at 1:30 today.

dale

Dale, I'm hoping everything turns out well with your son.

Best Regards.

California Native
11-12-2012, 08:37 PM
Hi Dale,
Glad to see you here. Bev and I just spent a month in Bishop, California and by accident I learned of an old friend of yours. Ken Ebert. I gave him your email address and hope you two can reconnect, if you haven't already.
Welcome to NAFEX.