PDA

View Full Version : The Passage Cooper's Hawk and Those Who Fly 'Em

MrBill
01-24-2013, 05:10 PM
Hi Folks,

The book is finally ready for market. If you are interested in a copy, please send $20 (which includes shipping) to me at POB 5663, Norman, OK 73070. In the Introduction I write:

Over the years there has been conflicting assessments of the Cooper’s hawk in terms of falconry—some falconers have had good luck with the Cooper’s, while others have not—with negative appraisals outweighing the positive ones. So the impetus behind this book was to determine, in a substantive way, the true value of this bird for the purposes of falconry—is this bird truly more trouble than it is worth? Unfortunately, people are not inclined to write about their lack of success, so a final consensus of opinion is still in the making, and probably will be for many years to come. However, the authors in this anthology have provided some good insights on problems they encountered along the way, and the solutions they implemented; in addition they have also given detailed and well-thought-out information on how to train, manage, and hawk these little accipiters. As a result, this book goes a long way in furthering the discussion as it pertains to maintaining a passage Cooper’s hawk in a captive environment for the purposes of falconry.

So, it is a book that would be appreciated by those with a genuine interest in the Cooper’s; and it is certainly a book for those who are planning to fly this rascal.

Bill Boni

FredFogg
01-24-2013, 05:18 PM
I want one, my check will be in the mail!

MrBill
01-24-2013, 05:20 PM
I'll get one out to you tomorrow, Fred.

Bill Boni

skooky20
01-24-2013, 05:45 PM
been waiting for this to come out.

kimmerar
01-24-2013, 05:49 PM
My check will be in the mail tomorrow. Norman is an hour and a half drive from me. We moved here from WA state a few months back So you should see it pretty fast :).

Can't wait to read it.

All the best

Kim Mauldin

MrBill
01-24-2013, 06:41 PM
I didn't realize you were so close, Kim. Great!

Bill

MrBill
01-29-2013, 04:04 PM
Fred received his book and said that it had taken a little beating on the way. I have sent a few others since then, so please let me know if you receive one that is roughed up a bit, as I may need to send these books in something other than a manilla envelope. Thanks.

Bill Boni

MrBill
01-29-2013, 05:52 PM
Fred sent me a photograph of the book and it was not as bad as I thought, but not good enough, so I will switch to a bubblewrap mailer. Fred, I'll send you another one tomorrow. Thanks, again, for letting me know.

Bill Boni

MrBill
10-03-2013, 09:35 AM
I have been receiving inquiries as to whether or not this book is still available--yes it is. And thanks to those who have purchased it.

Bill Boni

MrBill
04-21-2014, 09:15 AM
I have received a number of requests from outside the States for this book, and I have not accommodated their requests because of the shipping costs; for example, just to ship to Canada costs $10.00, which brings the cost of the book up to $30.00, and the book is not worth $30.00. Please understand this was never meant to be a capitalistic venture. I simply wanted to get information out there those interested in flying the passage Cooper'sl; as a result, the book is worth $15.00 to me, plus about $5.00 for shipping, no more, no less. I am hopeful those falconers outside the country understand. Thanks.

Bill Boni