PDA

View Full Version : Hey Ya'll from MI

gunsmithinmamma
02-23-2013, 08:43 PM
Thought I should post an intro. I am just getting into falconry and have begun studying for my exam. I just plan on doing a lot of reading on this forum to glean wisdom from others. I am currently in the Lapeer area but will be moving to the Alcona county area later this year. Using the time between moves to study for my exam.
Other than that I run a small farm with dairy goats, horses and chickens, have worked as a gunsmith for 12 years and am a homeschooling mom to 5 awesome kids and wife to one great guy.

BestBeagler
02-23-2013, 08:53 PM
Welcome Amber! I am from Wyandotte MI. I was homeschooled and turned into a falconry bum so be careful about that LOL

Lowachi
02-23-2013, 08:53 PM
How do!

harrishawk_79
02-23-2013, 09:01 PM
howdy good luck on your quest

rsimone
02-23-2013, 09:05 PM
Hi Amber, lots of great info here. I'm from Dearborn, am a second year apprentice. I fly a MRT. Named Rocco!! Good luck. Falconry is an awesome lifestyle.
Rich

REYNALDO
02-23-2013, 10:22 PM
Welcome Amber! Lots of great read here. Like what Isaac said...be careful. ..falconry is very addictive :) I love horses! I took lessons on english riding for two years.

DirtHawker
02-24-2013, 12:03 AM
Hi Amber,
Welcome to an obsession. If you have not yet looked at the Michigan Hawking Club website I would encourage you to do so. There are several falconers in your area, myself included. Have you been out with a falconer yet? I would suggest you try to get out before the close of the season which is coming up soon, as a lot of falconers will stop flying before the end of March, depending on how the local raptors are doing and how hormonal their own birds are.

Keep a watch on the calendar, we run a falconry workship in the summer, the date is not yet set (usually in June), but it is a good way to get some basic information on a what is involved, as it covers housing, medical issues, laws, equipment and a variety of other subjects. You do not have to be a member to attend the workshop. Kory (KidK) will be chiming in soon, he is the contact person for the club.
Sue

pungo
03-11-2013, 03:02 PM
(welc)
Tim