PDA

View Full Version : Fred From NC

FredFogg
02-08-2008, 03:29 AM
Hey everyone! I am on the IFF and just discovered the North American version, so here I am. A little about myself, I am currently flying a passage male red-tail and I will be pulling my 3rd year eyas coops from her forced molt around the end of this month and will be flying her on starlings, grackles and crows again. Some of you may have seen my video of us car hawking last spring. I trapped a passage female merlin last October and had her hunting and chasing when she caught her first sparrow. I let her eat her catch and took her home and she died during the night. The sparrow was poisoned. I may trap another next fall. Well, that is pretty much it. Oh yeah, I have also flown a couple American Kestrels and a hand me up Harris Hawk. I look forward to getting some good information from all my fellow falconers.

Bodarc
02-08-2008, 08:35 AM
Hey Fred

Great to see you here (welc)

Sorry to hear about your merlin. I didn't' realize that many people poisoned sparrows etc.

I'm glad to see you're still flying your coops. How about a pic of her in her new Easter outfit when you get a chance. I'd like to see what she looks like now.

I remember you said she used to be a little aggressive at times, has she settled down any with age?

kimmerar
02-08-2008, 08:40 AM
(welc) Fred. This is a great place with lots of good people. Sounds like you have info to share. Don't hesitate to post. I have to say I love American Kestrels.

Sorry to hear about the merlin. That sucks. There is a place I tried to take dove with my AK where I live and someone took me aside and told me they put poison out. The place produces chicken feed and there is always grain on the ground and the doves take advantage of it. Don't think that should be legal.

Oh - we love pics here - and of course videos too.

Jimmy
02-08-2008, 09:13 AM
(welc) Fred. Good to see you here.

FredFogg
02-08-2008, 09:37 AM
(welc) Oh - we love pics here - and of course videos too.

Kim,

You can see my car hawking video on Youtube and a few other clips I have on there. The link to my car hawking video is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCVYIXRQMiw

I don't have any pictures on photobucket, but I will try and get some out there and load some up. I have her first year and second year pics, but none of her this year yet as she is still moulting.

jfneumann57
02-08-2008, 09:54 AM
Hi Fred. Are you going to the meet next week?

Bryant Tarr
02-08-2008, 11:10 AM
(welc) Great to see you here Fred! Loved the video...pretty wild stuff all from a seated position ;)

sakerjack
02-08-2008, 11:16 AM
Hey Fred we meet again,, very COOL video!!

Takasho
02-08-2008, 11:29 AM
Hey Fred! I didn't know you'd never been here. It's a great forum! Enjoy! rockon

outhawkn
02-08-2008, 11:34 AM
(welc) Fred, glad you made the leap............

FredFogg
02-08-2008, 01:05 PM
Hi Fred. Are you going to the meet next week?

Yes, but only taking Wordell (red-tail). Inya is still fat and sassy!

FredFogg
02-08-2008, 01:08 PM
Hey Fred we meet again,, very COOL video!!

Ken, Thanks! Remind me to email you about the red-tail hood I got from you. Just have a couple questions about it and maybe a suggestion to make it even better than the great hood it is! :-)

Chris L.
02-08-2008, 01:13 PM
Fred,
Great to have you here, i met you last year at the Sc meet, always good to see some locals on the forum (welc). Loved the video.. Looking forward to hearing about this year with your coops. Keep the video and pictures coming

again, great to have you

chamokane
02-08-2008, 01:17 PM
Welcome, Fred.

jfneumann57
02-08-2008, 01:29 PM
Yes, but only taking Wordell (red-tail). Inya is still fat and sassy!
I'm not sure if I'll have a bird to fly at the meet but Lindsay should be brining her rt.

kimmerar
02-08-2008, 06:10 PM
clapp clapp

I loved that video. Your video helped me decided to have my bird fly back in the window. Didn't think of it with my last bird. My new bird comes back about 50% of the time now. At first it was 100%. She trained me because last year I got out to retrieve my bird out of habit I got out to retrieve her and that ruined it. Again - she does OK. Usually in the first few slips she'll come back if she misses.

She's done the flying over the car thing too. Scares me. She finally got one doing that so I make sure she's looking on my side before I release. Sometimes though she remembers something on the other side and go over anyway. I'm scared she'll hit my car.

I love the name Indy for your coops. Again (welc).

everetkhorton
02-08-2008, 07:31 PM
Fred
Welcome aboard!

FredFogg
02-09-2008, 02:16 PM
Fred,
Great to have you here, i met you last year at the Sc meet, always good to see some locals on the forum (welc). Loved the video.. Looking forward to hearing about this year with your coops. Keep the video and pictures coming

again, great to have you

Chris, it was great to meet you last year also. Haven't heard anything from you all about this years meet, but I wouldn't be able to come anyway as our meet is this coming weekend and I have to work weekends for the next 4 weekends after that. Grrrrrrr!

A question for you, is it you that is making the pvc giant hoods? I remember someone down there was going to have everyone over in April last year and show them how, but I was working that weekend and couldn't come. I really would love to see one and see how it is made.

Chris L.
02-11-2008, 11:14 AM
Chris, it was great to meet you last year also. Haven't heard anything from you all about this years meet, but I wouldn't be able to come anyway as our meet is this coming weekend and I have to work weekends for the next 4 weekends after that. Grrrrrrr!

Yeah, I asked them on the list for info and haven't heard much. So I too am a little in the dark about it. I may go to it, i think it is the 23rd but that is all I know and I think WJ is hosting it? Hell even the Scfalconry.com site isnt updated confusedd. You think it would be on therenoidea!!

A question for you, is it you that is making the pvc giant hoods? I remember someone down there was going to have everyone over in April last year and show them how, but I was working that weekend and couldn't come. I really would love to see one and see how it is made.

Thats me! I had the PVC build party and we all had a great time. Got many boxes knocked out. They are the best box by far and you wont find a better material. I am thinking of having another build party this summer. We will see, depends on how busy I am. The hardest part is finding a cheap source of the PVC sheet. I have the polymer company 5 min from my house, that is how I can get it so cheap.

I will keep you updated

Again, welcome and good luck with the coops