PDA

View Full Version : American Falconry Volume 62

Steve Jones
07-23-2013, 04:56 PM
Volume 62 is nearing completion and will go to press in the next week or two. It's going to be another stellar issue with an emphasis on accipiters. This wasn't planned, it just kind of worked out that way, but I'm sure the austringers won't mind. There are two articles about goshawks, one about a Cooper's hawk and a sharp-shinned hawk on the cover. For a sneak peak at the cover go to https://www.americanfalconry.com/C62.jpg

Ken S.
07-23-2013, 10:10 PM
Woohoo! I love "Falconry magazine day". Thanks for your outstanding magazine, please keep 'em coming sir!

Steve Jones
08-06-2013, 08:24 AM
Volume 62 has finally gone to press. Sometimes getting them done feels like running a marathon. This one definitely did. It usually takes the printer about a week and a half, so they should be mailed by the end of next week. Thank you everyone for your patience, and I hope you enjoy it. It will be worth the wait.

Steve Jones
08-15-2013, 07:40 PM
Volume 62 was mailed Tuesday, August 13. They are mailed from our printer in Wisconsin, so subscribers in the Great Lakes area should start seeing them in their mailboxes in the next few days. A little longer for those living on either coast.

cuervo
08-25-2013, 06:21 AM
Please Steve,
Year and a half ago renove my Subscription for two years.
I still do not receive any magazine. I sent an e-mail, and by March, I answer, that would send my magazines. To date I have not received any magazines nor ANSWER to my new e-mail. Please solve my problem or give me back the money
email- mdlrosa@hotmail.com

Steve Jones
08-25-2013, 08:56 AM
Miguel,
It appears the replacement copies never arrived. I will send out another set. I sure hope they get there this time, and I am sorry for any inconvenience.

By-the-way, on this forum they ask that you sign your posts. It also would have made it a lot easier for me to figure out who you are.

Mthawker
08-25-2013, 09:32 AM
Recived #62 this past week, very nicely done as usual Steve.

keitht
08-25-2013, 11:44 AM
Miguel,
It appears the replacement copies never arrived. I will send out another set. I sure hope they get there this time, and I am sorry for any inconvenience.

Steve: Apparantly, one of your 50 paid secretaries must have been napping on the job

What some people may not understand is that this magazine was a labor of love put together by TWO people on a shoestring budget who get little to nothing in return monetarily for what they do. And against all odds they've survived!

When the magazine was starting up I was asked to be a columnist. I didn't want to do it because I felt it would be too much work and too much commitment. The guy making the pitch to me said, "come on do it. The magazine will collapse in a couple of months anyway so you'll only have to write a couple of articles and it'll be helping Steve out." So I thought, "a couple of articles - I can do that."

Well the rest is history. It'll teach anyone against betting against Steve.

hcmcelroy
08-26-2013, 10:07 AM
Steve,

#62 is a real winner nothing wrong with concentrating on the true hawks!

My thanks!

Harry.

MrBill
08-26-2013, 12:20 PM
Steve,

I sent you a PM.

Bill Boni