PDA

View Full Version : Hello from VA

bkdegraw
08-06-2013, 06:10 PM
Hi folks,
New guy here. Been tagging along at meets and with other falconers for two years and now have my mews built and waiting for my inspection and test. I'm excited about the coming season and look forward to working with a bird of my own.

bkdegraw
08-07-2013, 08:19 AM
Sorry 'bout the missing signature on my previous post.

Got it now. :D

thunderheartiii
08-07-2013, 08:50 AM
Hello and Welcome to NAFEX. Hope you enjoy your falconry adventure.

FredFogg
08-07-2013, 07:53 PM
Hi folks,
New guy here. Been tagging along at meets and with other falconers for two years and now have my mews built and waiting for my inspection and test. I'm excited about the coming season and look forward to working with a bird of my own.

Hey Bart, (welc) to NAFEX! You probably already know this but the VFA is having their picnic August 17th, so you might want to attend. I can't go this year as I have something else going on that day but it is always a good time and a good chance to meet several folks that are here on NAFEX.

Breeze
08-07-2013, 07:57 PM
(welc) Bart! Enjoy your journey - it's a fun one!

Red-tail71
08-07-2013, 08:02 PM
Hey Bart, (welc) to NAFEX! You probably already know this but the VFA is having their picnic August 17th, so you might want to attend. I can't go this year as I have something else going on that day but it is always a good time and a good chance to meet several folks that are here on NAFEX.

Hello Bart and welcome to NAFEX! I will be at the VFA picnic and I HOPE to meet you! Sorry about your luck Fred! toungeout

FredFogg
08-07-2013, 08:23 PM
Sorry about your luck Fred! toungeout

Hey, it isn't bad luck, just a party I have already committed going to with lots of food and of course, BOURBON! :eek: :D

bkdegraw
08-07-2013, 10:03 PM
Thanks Jim, Fred, Deb, & David, for the welcome! And yes, I will be at the VFA picnic and also the raptor-first-aid seminar on Sunday!

shortwinger
08-08-2013, 08:20 AM
Hope to see you there Bart. The seminar is fantastic, Dr Dave puts on a nice presentation and the tour of the facility is wet. Oops I mean great! (it was a monsoon rain when we went though it last year)

Redtail68
08-15-2013, 08:02 PM
Bart,
Great idea to get on this forum. You can learn a lot and read about some fantastic birds. I'm in VA also, what area are you in ? I'm hoping to make it to the picnic, but kinda depends on work. I released both my birds this spring and hope we have a good crop to trap this fall. Good luck, its a passion not a hobby !

bkdegraw
10-10-2013, 12:32 PM
Haven't had a chance to check the forum in a while but the VFA picnic was fun and Dr. Dave's seminar was great. It was another rainy day for his class but we still were able to tour the facility during a break in the weather. Very impressive place, and it's nice to know that facilities like that exist and that people are there doing the worthwhile work that they do.

Since then, passed my test and inspection and now ready to trap!! Can hardly sleep, knowing that my partner is out there right now, flying around!

Redtail68
12-06-2013, 06:12 PM
Bart,
If you need help trapping let me know. I can keep a lookout in central va.