PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Washington State!

bdyelm
08-16-2013, 02:33 AM
Hey there!

I'm from Washington State. Still a pre-apprentice trying to find a sponsor. Every one I've called has apprentices or their phone is out of service (Wa DFW may not be up to date)

I have read Beebes "A Falconry Manual", Calif Hawking Clubs "Apprentice Study Guide" and their "App Manual". I have several other books I browse through (Re-reading the previous ones as I have heard those are the basics to pass the exam); Falconry Equipment, The Falconers Apprentice, Falconry & Hawking, Trapping Essentials, The Red-Tailed Hawk, and I think another one or two maybe. Looking for a good one on health if anyone has any recommendations.

If you live in or near Pierce County, I am a serious pre-apprentice looking for a sponsor.

Barticus
08-16-2013, 03:16 AM
Welcome Brandon. Go to our state page. There you can find out who your local rep is and contact him, or her. This is a good time as rabbit season just started. Your rep should put you in touch with local falconers who you can ask to go out with them. This is the best way to find a sponsor.

bdyelm
08-16-2013, 04:52 AM
Oh great idea... I totally forgot they had a page finally up to get into contact with people. Will have to send an email now.

:-D

Ally
08-16-2013, 02:18 PM
Welcome Brandon! I get over to WA a couple times a year so I'm sure we'll run into each other. Good luck, sounds like you've done your homework :)

Breeze
08-16-2013, 04:01 PM
(welc) Brandon! Sounds like you are off and running for sure!