PDA

View Full Version : Giant Hood & Misc. For Sale Texas

TXSunFalcon
08-16-2013, 03:03 PM
As mentioned in another listing for some aluminum falcon blocks, I'm soon going to be moving onto a sailboat for a few years, so I need to sell some falconry equipment.

This listing is for a giant hood measuring 25 inches tall by 24 inches front to back by 16 inches wide. It is lightweight and very durable. I made it myself years ago and it has carried even the largest Redtail with ease.

There is a door on the front that snaps shut and has a safety bar with clip latch for security. You can even put a padlock on it if you desire. It is white chloroplast (the stuff they make political signs out of) glued and reinforced with duct tape along the edges. Like I said, it has withstood the test of time (12 years now) and still functions like the day I made it. Perfect for the apprentice!

$75, but I'll make you a deal if you want to purchase other stuff.

I also have for sale:
-large, heavy (like a ton) bow perch made of steel in need of sandblasting and refinishing due to some rust on the base.

-gloves (small - ladies size),

- a couple hunting (fishing/ falconry) vests (Small & Med),

-a BC trap that has caught upwards of 3 dozen Redtails and HH's

-a pigeon/small game carrier,

-training leash weighted at one end

-large equipment bag for carrying falconry stuff,

-misc. swivels, leashes, small leather goods,

-hoods

-art (framed and unframed)

-books

I'm trying to get photos taken of all this stuff, but I'm having trouble uploading to photobucket - keep getting error messages. So if you have an interest in anything in particular, please email me at SLawryTX@msn.com and I can get photos and details directly to you.

Thanks!

TXSunFalcon
08-16-2013, 04:02 PM
OK, I've got am album started on Photobucket and I'm adding items as I get photos taken. Here: http://s884.photobucket.com/user/slawry/slideshow/falconry%20stuff%20for%20sale

The two aluminum falcon blocks have sold pending funds.

TXSunFalcon
08-16-2013, 05:01 PM
Hoods are an assortment of RT and HH size for trapping and some custom falcon hoods by Woods Falcon Farms in size 5A which fits a tiercel Gyr/Prairie as well as some other hybrids and falcons. I am open to offers on the lot, or if you have just one or two in mind, drop me a line SLawryTX@msn.com

Posted photos of the hoods, books and artwork on the Photobucket album here:
http://s884.photobucket.com/user/slawry/slideshow/falconry%20stuff%20for%20sale

TXSunFalcon
08-16-2013, 05:16 PM
Four hoods are blocked 3-piece Dutch with hand sewn seems, Turks knot, and Gortex braces on the Woods Falcon Farms hoods. Those ran about $75+ new. All are in very good condition, well cared for and the custom ones were mostly used for special occasions / meets. The other two are general field/trapping hoods in good condition.

TXSunFalcon
08-16-2013, 06:03 PM
Sold Pending funds:
Woods hoods, Marshall antennae, giant hood.
Thanks!
Still available : lots of books, magazines, artwork, hunting vests, and I've still got more to photograph (especially the unframed art) May not get to it all today, so please check back as I'm listing it all in the album here:

http://s884.photobucket.com/user/slawry/slideshow/falconry%20stuff%20for%20sale

I can be reached here:
SLawryTX@msn.com

thanks!

TXSunFalcon
08-18-2013, 10:50 AM
Equipment update as of 08/18:

Hoods, giant hood, leather, falcon blocks all sold.
Art is detailed in another thread.

Still available:
Books - I've priced them lower than the least expensive one of same ISBN and quality that I could find on Amazon, but I'm open to offers on multiples. prices do not include shipping, but I can ship book rate. Thanks!

The Prairie Falcon - Sold

A Rage for Falcons- Sold

A Merlin for Me By John Loft, ISBN 0953588106 (signed First Edition) It's in like new condition. $135 (cheapest on Amazon was $150)

American Kestrels by Mullenix ISBN 1888357053.(Second Ed) It's also in like new condition. $25

Pirate of the Plains by Haak ISBN 0888393202. (First Ed) It's in excellent condition. $20

A Fascination with Falcons by Burnham ISBN 0888394152 (signed First Ed.) Like new condition. $20

Falconry and Hawking by Glasier (First Edition) ISBN 0879518723 inscribed w/ owner name on first page, one page tab marking the falconer's knot illustration, otherwise like new. $80

Observations on Modern Falconry by Stevens 1987 (no ISBN printed in UK) $35

A Falconry Manual by Beebe ISBN 0888399782 $15

Falconry Art and Practice by Ford (First Ed) ISBN 0713722487 $70

Traite De Fauconnerie by Schlegel & Wulverhorst (First Ed) ISBN 0913930016 $50

and some oversized books I will look up and add shortly. You can see them all in the photos on photobucket. Just inquire if you see something I've not listed that you want.

Thanks!

TXSunFalcon
08-18-2013, 11:30 AM
more books:

The Desert Hawking with a little help from my Friends. 1996
This one is signed and has a note inside the cover written to me. There is also a fingertip sized ding in the front cover thanks to the USPS. Other than that it's in excellent condition with a protective cover on it. $220 (Cheapest on Amazon was $249)

Birds of Prey of the World by Hamlet & Grossman (First Ed. 1964) Excellent condition with dust jacket and protective cover. Oversize book. $50

Game and Hunting by Bluchel printed in Germany (First Ed) ISBN 3895084719 Two oversized books in a hard sleeve. Awesome photos and info on hunting of all sorts. $75

Falcons of the World by Cade (First Ed) ISBN 0801414547 Excellent condition w/ DJ - beautiful oversized book with lots of color plates and info on various falcons and hawks of the world. $50

African Birds of Prey by Pickford & Tarboton ISBN 0801425158 Excellent condition w/ DJ $30

TXSunFalcon
08-18-2013, 11:49 AM
American Kestrels by Mullenix ISBN 1888357053.(Second Ed) It's also in like new condition. SOLD

TXSunFalcon
08-19-2013, 01:36 PM
Books updated and listed in another thread today.

GIANT HOOD NOW AVAILABLE - $75 plus shipping if you want it shipped. I was planning to ship this for someone else, but he's not getting the extra bird, so does not need it. We investigated shipping and it's coming in around $70 UPS, depending on destination, so figure $150 total on this. If you're close enough to pick it up, or meet me in Fort Worth, much better.

TXSunFalcon
08-20-2013, 09:17 AM
Update as of 08/20 Available:

Giant Hood - 26 inches tall by 25 inches front to back by 17 inches wide (rounding up to nearest inch) It is lightweight and very durable. I made it myself years ago and it has carried even the largest Redtail with ease.

There is a door on the front that snaps shut and has a safety bar with clip latch for security. You can even put a padlock on it if you desire. It is white chloroplast (the stuff they make political signs out of) glued and reinforced with duct tape along the edges. It has a turf wrapped bar perch inside. Like I said, it has withstood the test of time (12 years now) and still functions like the day I made it. Perfect for the apprentice!

USPS told me yesterday they can ship it for around $30, much better than UPS, so we're looking at around $100-$110 total.

Open to offers on any of these items:

-gloves (small - ladies size),

- a couple hunting (fishing/ falconry) vests (Small & Med),

-a BC trap that has caught upwards of 3 dozen Redtails and HH's

-a pigeon/small game carrier,

-creance weighted at one end w/ PVC pipe that can be filled with rocks or shot

-large equipment bag for carrying falconry stuff,

-misc. swivels, leashes, etc.

I will add a couple photos to the album in a few minutes.

Photos here: http://s884.photobucket.com/user/slawry/slideshow/falconry%20stuff%20for%20sale

I made separate threads for the art and book listings. There is still a beautiful peregrine print, a redtail on a post print, and a large framed Harpy Eagle print available. See book list thread for details of availability on books, or just drop me a line.

I keep finding stuff as I box and move things, so bear with me. Thanks to everyone for their inquires and purchases!

SLawryTX@msn.com

TXSunFalcon
08-20-2013, 09:54 AM
Just updated the photos with more equipment and removed the stuff already sold, so it's less confusing.

Photos here: http://s884.photobucket.com/user/sla...f%20for%20sale (http://s884.photobucket.com/user/slawry/slideshow/falconry%20stuff%20for%20sale)

TXSunFalcon
08-22-2013, 02:37 PM
Just updated the photos with more equipment and removed the stuff already sold, so it's less confusing.

Photos here: http://s884.photobucket.com/user/sla...f%20for%20sale (http://s884.photobucket.com/user/slawry/slideshow/falconry%20stuff%20for%20sale)

TXSunFalcon
08-22-2013, 06:38 PM
Grommet setter, grommets, bells and swivels are now SOLD. Thank you.

TXSunFalcon
08-24-2013, 11:51 AM
Update Saturday 08/24 equipment available:

Giant Hood - 26 inches tall by 25 inches front to back by 17 inches wide (rounding up to nearest inch) It is lightweight and very durable. I made it myself years ago and it has carried even the largest Redtail with ease.

There is a door on the front that snaps shut and has a safety bar with clip latch for security. You can even put a padlock on it if you desire. It is white chloroplast (the stuff they make political signs out of) glued and reinforced with duct tape along the edges. It has a turf wrapped bar perch inside. Like I said, it has withstood the test of time (12 years now) and still functions like the day I made it. Perfect for the apprentice!

USPS told me they can ship it for around $30, much better than UPS, so we're looking at around $100-$110 total shipped.

- New heavy leather falconry glove black small ladies or kids size, left hand $25

- Used heavy leather falconry glove dark brown small, left $20

- Fancy like new dark green and cordova leather falconry glove from England $40

- hunting (fishing/ falconry) vests (Small & Med) - two brand new $30 for the lot

- BC trap that has caught upwards of 3 dozen Redtails and HH's - we used this with gerbils as bait extensively trapping HH's in the desert in AZ and it NEVER failed to get a hawk on it (or two or three at a time!) every time. Well constructed and heavy. Weighted on one side to roll "top up" every time it's thrown. A good BC will get your hawk faster, so why pay over $100 or reinvent the wheel? Get a proven trap here! - $40

- pigeon/small game carrier $10

- creance weighted at one end w/ PVC pipe that can be filled with rocks or shot $10

- brand new, unused pigeon harness with extra nooses (use with creance above) $40 (These sell for twice that on a popular falconry equipment site)

- Sparrow net (use for holding sparrows as bait with a bow net trapping system) $10

- two French snaps on leash, leashes with crosslock swivels, couple yards of excellent various sized leash material $25 for all

- feather straightener, brass ring, $5

- leather covered toggle jesses $10

- Marshall transmitter magnetic wand on retractable leash that pins to your vest. The other leather thing on there is a snap for holding a falcon hood while in the field $15 for the set

-large equipment bag for carrying falconry stuff to the field, change of clothing, or tools, like new $15 (cost twice this)

- brass hawk wall hanging - handmade by a friend of mine this piece is a cutout of a redtail soaring - it's rustic and 36" wide. It needs a wire on the back to hang it, but would be great for mews or man cave décor!

Photos here: http://s884.photobucket.com/user/slawry/slideshow/falconry%20stuff%20for%20sale

Shipping depends on how much stuff you want and how far it must travel, but I've been shipping a lot of stuff lately and I believe all of the items above would ship together anywhere in the continental USA for about $25. A small package might cost about $5 to ship.

If you only it all, or only a few items, please let me know and I'm sure we can work something out. I can also make arrangements for secure payment by CC if that helps.

Thanks! SLawryTX@msn.com

TXSunFalcon
08-28-2013, 05:33 PM
two French snaps on leash, leashes with crosslock swivels, couple yards of excellent various sized leash material SOLD

TXSunFalcon
08-31-2013, 10:25 AM
Saturday 08/31 update...here's what's left...PRICES REDUCED>>>MAKE OFFERS

USPS told me they can ship it for around $30, much better than UPS, so we're looking at around $100 total shipped.

- New heavy leather falconry glove black small ladies or kids size, left hand $20

- Used heavy leather falconry glove dark brown small, left $15

- Fancy like new dark green and cordova leather falconry glove from England $30

- hunting (fishing/ falconry) vests (Small & Med) - two brand new $20 for the lot

- BC trap that has caught upwards of 3 dozen Redtails and HH's - we used this with gerbils as bait extensively trapping HH's in the desert in AZ and it NEVER failed to get a hawk on it (or two or three at a time!) every time. Well constructed and heavy. Weighted on one side to roll "top up" every time it's thrown. A good BC will get your hawk faster, so why pay over $100 or reinvent the wheel? Get a proven trap here! - $30

- pigeon/small game carrier $8

- brand new, unused pigeon harness with extra nooses (use with creance) $25 (These sell for twice that on a popular falconry equipment site)

- Sparrow net (use for holding sparrows as bait with a bow net trapping system) $5

- feather straightener, brass ring, $5

- leather covered toggle jesses $10

- brass hawk wall hanging - handmade by a friend of mine this piece is a cutout of a redtail soaring - it's rustic and 36" wide. It needs a wire on the back to hang it, but would be great for mews or man cave décor! $40 shipped

Shipping depends on how much stuff you want and how far it must travel, but I've been shipping a lot of stuff lately and I believe all of the items above would ship together anywhere in the continental USA for about $25. A small package might cost about $5 to ship.

If you only it all, or only a few items, please let me know and I'm sure we can work something out. I can also make arrangements for secure payment by CC if that helps.

Thanks! SLawryTX@msn.com

TXSunFalcon
06-27-2015, 03:16 PM
Update - June 2015 - Finally moving to my sailboat!!!

Last stuff for sale...

- Giant Hood measuring 25 inches tall by 24 inches front to back by 16 inches wide. It is lightweight and very durable. I made it myself years ago and it has carried even the largest Redtail with ease.

There is a door on the front that snaps shut and has a safety bar with clip latch for security. You can even put a padlock on it if you desire. It is white choroplast (the stuff they make political signs out of) glued and reinforced with duct tape along the edges. Like I said, it has withstood the test of time (12 years now) and still functions like the day I made it. Perfect for the apprentice! $75 USPS told me they can ship it for around $30, much better than UPS, so we're looking at around $100 total shipped.

- Heavy Steel Bow Perch. Weighs a ton, custom made of plate steel, needs some TLC, some rust, been sitting a while. $30 No shipping this one - too heavy. Great for weatherinig yard.

- New heavy leather falconry glove black small ladies or kids size, left hand $20

- Used heavy leather falconry glove dark brown small, left $15

- Fancy like new dark green and cordova leather falconry glove from England $30

- hunting (fishing/ falconry) vests (Small & Med) - two brand new $20 for the lot

- BC trap that has caught upwards of 3 dozen Redtails and HH's - we used this with gerbils as bait extensively trapping HH's in the desert in AZ and it NEVER failed to get a hawk on it (or two or three at a time!) every time. Well constructed and heavy. Weighted on one side to roll "top up" every time it's thrown. A good BC will get your hawk faster, so why pay over $100 or reinvent the wheel? Get a proven trap here! - $30

Some books, magazines, small artwork, misc. stuff. If you want to come by and see, email me at SLAWRYTX@MSN.com

All has to go! Finally moving at last!

Photos are still on Photobucket here: http://s884.photobucket.com/user/sla...f%20for%20sale (http://s884.photobucket.com/user/slawry/slideshow/falconry%20stuff%20for%20sale)
I will try to update them soon. Some stuff has sold already. Thanks!

TXSunFalcon
09-18-2015, 04:01 AM
Update - September 2015 - Finally moving to my sailboat next month!!!

Last stuff for sale...

- Giant Hood measuring 25 inches tall by 24 inches front to back by 16 inches wide. It is lightweight and very durable. I made it myself years ago and it has carried even the largest Redtail with ease.

There is a door on the front that snaps shut and has a safety bar with clip latch for security. You can even put a padlock on it if you desire. It is white choroplast (the stuff they make political signs out of) glued and reinforced with duct tape along the edges. Like I said, it has withstood the test of time (12 years now) and still functions like the day I made it. Perfect for the apprentice! $75 USPS told me they can ship it for around $30, much better than UPS, so we're looking at around $100 total shipped.

- Heavy Steel Bow Perch. Weighs a ton, custom made of plate steel, needs some TLC, some rust, been sitting a while. $30 No shipping this one - too heavy. Great for weathering yard.

Some books, magazines, small artwork, misc. stuff. If you want to come by and see, email me at SLAWRYTX@MSN.com

All has to go! Finally moving at last!

Photos are still on Photobucket here: http://s884.photobucket.com/user/sla...f%20for%20sale (http://s884.photobucket.com/user/slawry/slideshow/falconry%20stuff%20for%20sale)
I will try to update them soon. Some stuff has sold already. Thanks!

TXSunFalcon
09-18-2015, 04:14 AM
I have a collection of framed falconry art for sale which includes the following:

Carl Brenders 1991 "The Balance of Nature" with a Redtail Hawk on a fence post and Cottontail hiding in the grass. Print is professionally matted and framed with certificate of authenticity in pocket on reverse. 43 1/2" x 31" Overall incl frame. $350 OBO

Gene Johnson "Harpy Eagle" S/N (271/600) print professionally matted and framed with cert of authenticity in pocket on reverse. 38" x 29" overall incl frame. $320 OBO

Various smaller prints framed and unframed. Come see them and make offer.

Also have some old Falconry magazines and books and a hawk transport box. I'm working on listings for other items but email me for details or to arrange to come see.

I put a listing and photos of the art on Craigs List, so email me and I will send you a link (don't think I'm allowed to post it here.) Also, if you want to use a credit card to pay for anything, just let me know and I can make a custom listing for you in my online shop on Etsy. All must go since we're finally moving!