PDA

View Full Version : I'm Jenifre from NC

Jenifre
02-19-2008, 03:46 PM
Hey all-
I just found out about this place from an email a falconer friend from NY sent me....he saw some pics of the last NC meet...posted by a SC falconer......whew! Nationwide! Anyway, I am a 2nd yr general class flying a passage RTHA. Probably a hen, but Fred has me wondering now. The more I do this the more I do not know! I love hawking. I am currently working on hooding, which is pretty much down pat, but still not truly accepted by my hawk yet. May never be, so be it!

Jimmy
02-19-2008, 04:22 PM
(welc)

chamokane
02-19-2008, 04:30 PM
Welcome, Jenifre. Hopefully, you will always feel that the more you learn, the more you don't know. People who think they are experts are really boring.

BradW
02-19-2008, 04:47 PM
(welc) aboard!

Chris L.
02-19-2008, 05:08 PM
Hey all-
I just found out about this place from an email a falconer friend from NY sent me....he saw some pics of the last NC meet...posted by a SC falconer......whew! Nationwide!

Jenifer,
I took those pictures. I was at the meet flying my harris hawk. Are you the vet that i met?

Welcome to NAFEX. We are a great group and have many falconers on here from the east coast.

let us know if you need anything

again (welc)

everetkhorton
02-19-2008, 07:46 PM
Jenifer:
Welcome to the site. I am also working on hooding a RTHA, but she is 4 years old. We are getting there, slow but sure. Close but not there yet. Some time I feel like I have boxing glove on. Now I know why they call them chicken hawks, that can move the head so fast in any direction.
Have fun and post often.

FredFogg
02-19-2008, 08:00 PM
Hey Jenifre,

Great to have you on here! And to the rest of the forum, it is great to have an avian vet on here! I know there are times I would like to be able to post a question and get an educated answer and not just an opinion! Not sure if I am sticking my big mouth out here Jenifre, but I hope you will answer a few questions for us when they arise.

On another note, remind me to email you some pictures of Silver that the 3 photographers from Charlotte got of HIM! LOL I still want to see the results from a DNA test. It would be interesting to have Wordell tested too! Have his toe splinted up and he is done for the season.

Again, welcome,

Jenifre
02-19-2008, 09:18 PM
Yes, Chris, I was the vet you met. Great pics by the way. And of course, as Fred said, I would love to help offer any advice (with no liabilty) to anyone or thier vet. I don't know it all, but I know a thing or two....especially about birds. I see all types of exotics in practice, but mostly dogs and cats. I spent a MAJORITY of my school years wrapped up in avian stuff. And like falconry, I am still learning here and there!!

Zarafia
02-19-2008, 09:25 PM
Wow! A vet who is a falconerclappclappclapp(welc).
How very nice. I know I for one will probably be bothering you with questions in the future.
Welcome, I am new here too. But they seem a nice enough bunch:D.

Bryant Tarr
02-19-2008, 10:00 PM
(welc) Great to have you here, Jenifre!

jfneumann57
02-19-2008, 10:46 PM
Jenifre did silver catch anything after we left Saturday?

Chris L.
02-20-2008, 03:18 PM
Yes, Chris, I was the vet you met. Great pics by the way. And of course, as Fred said, I would love to help offer any advice (with no liabilty) to anyone or thier vet. I don't know it all, but I know a thing or two....especially about birds. I see all types of exotics in practice, but mostly dogs and cats. I spent a MAJORITY of my school years wrapped up in avian stuff. And like falconry, I am still learning here and there!!

good to have you here.. we can always use the advice for sure.. dont hesitate to post.. again welcome, let us know if you need anything

Bodarc
02-20-2008, 08:23 PM
(welc) Jenifre!!