PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the south 'burbs of Chicago!

ShadowbrookAsh
09-29-2013, 09:28 PM
Hello all!

I was encouraged by my cousin to join the boards. I was introduced to falconry through her (well, was introduced by staring longingly at her facebook photos and chatting with her- she lives in FL).
I've been sitting on the idea of pursuing my apprentice licence for quite a while, and I've finally decided to go for it. I'm joining NAFA and GLFA and will hopefully meet some people through there (and through here!). As soon as I'm confident that I've stuffed my brain enough I'll take the test (sometime between now and December) and then work on finding a sponsor. I'm praying that it won't be too hard to find a sponsor down here (I'm located in Shorewood - right next to Joliet, about an hour south of Chicago).

I would love to meet any falconers in the area (or anywhere in a 40 mile radius, really) to see their setups and their birds.

Tom Scheib
09-30-2013, 02:14 PM
One of the things they'll want you to do is sign at least your first name to your posts. You can set the auto funtion to do that. Welcome aboard and best wishes. Enjoy the ride.

ShadowbrookAsh
09-30-2013, 02:45 PM
I keep trying to stick it in my signature, but the signature never saves. Ah well, I'll just keep doing it manually.

-Ashleigh

katzenjammer360
10-01-2013, 02:50 PM
You're in a great place, Ashleigh. The suburbs of Chicago are where 90% of Illinois falconers live it seems. I'm sure you'll find some great people nearby. Be sure to check out the other state club, Illinois Falconer's Organization (illinoisfalconers.org), too. Both clubs are full of really cool people. Good luck!

ShadowbrookAsh
10-02-2013, 01:10 AM
@Katzenjammer Good to hear- I was praying everyone wasn't hiding down in Southern IL!

katzenjammer360
10-02-2013, 11:16 AM
Actually the opposite! There are only 3 or 4 of us down here, and two of are my fiance and me! St. Louis, MO is the closest place with falconers, lol.