PDA

View Full Version : New to the site

falconrychick
01-25-2007, 11:19 PM
Hey everyone,

i'm new to the site but definetly not to the ideas or concepts of falconry.. i have to wait till i'm out of my mothers house(would be ony 6 months but college is closer to home then i thought it would be therefore april 08 is a round about starting date) . i've been researching falconry since i turnd 12 i am almost 18 now. llive in ontario canada and am looking to widen my feild of knowlage on BoP and falconry before i start up.

Can't wait to get to know you all,

Jannette

[smilie=banana.gif]

everetkhorton
01-26-2007, 12:16 AM
Jannette
Welcome to the site. Seeing you know something about falconry the first thing is to do not believe half of what falconers tell you [smilie=eusa_clap.gif] and really think [smilie=eusa_think.gif] about the other half. You will find some life long friend [smilie=icon_pidu.gif] in this sport. We all do thing different in a lot of cases. Just stick with it and you will have a long life of joy flying birds.
Ev. Mi.

`Chris L.
01-26-2007, 08:08 AM
Jannette,
Welcome to the board. As Ev said there are so many ways to fly a BOP and everyone's way is the right way [smilie=icon_toilet.gif] ..

I hope you enjoy the site and learn alot from it. We have some great members and there is alot of good information on the site

Do you have to take a falconry test in Canada as you do in the states?.. do you have an apprenticeship like we do?

please dont hesitate to post...

again, welcome

falconrychick
01-26-2007, 11:52 AM
no there is no test/exam that you have to fill out at least in ontario. you do need to do an apprenticeship for certain birds and you only need a falconry license to hold native birds. other birds you just need a hunting license and to submit your logs.

most info can be found here about ontario falconry:
http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/MNR/csb/news/jan5efs99.html

Jimmy
01-26-2007, 12:24 PM
Do you have wild take? I know that it differs depending on where you live in Canada.

Baine
01-28-2007, 09:37 AM
That's an interesting list of "falconry" birds you are allowed. Do other province's have the same/similiar regulations?

Baine

falconrychick
02-07-2007, 04:47 PM
i'm not sure on other provinces find info in ontario i had to search FOREVER to find out where in the MNR ontario to contact then wait for a reply. i think other provinces have fairly silimar rules tho. i'm not sure on wild take i contected them a while ago about it didnt hear back then again last week. findidng any falconers in the area that i can talk to is HARD there is the falconry centre that dont repond that easily thats about it in my area that i know of.

PS. I got into college [smilie=smileys13.gif] [smilie=banana.gif] [smilie=icon_thumright.gif]

Baine
02-09-2007, 08:10 AM
What college?

falconrychick
02-11-2007, 03:17 PM
ST. Lawrnce and Northern, have to wait till the 16 to here from teh other two i applied to.