PDA

View Full Version : Free MHH to a good home

mkestrel76
12-06-2013, 10:29 PM
I have a 3 yr old MHH that is mainly a car hawk. Follows well in the field but has had no luck catching bunnies yet. He grabbed a rabbit this year and lost half a toenail as the rabbit escaped under a fence. I have too many warm weather birds and am in need of a winter bird. He tolerates being touched and is not footy. Very friendly bird although at higher weights he likes to bate and he doesn't like his feet touched at times. He comes with a backpack although it may need to be adjusted.

If you have a redtail or goshawk for trade that would be great. Behavioral isssues are tolerated depending on what it is. My main goal is to place him with someone who will fly him often.

I am not willing to send him. I want to meet in person to ensure he is going to a good home. PM me if interested. Again pick up only.

mkestrel76
12-08-2013, 01:56 AM
I forgot to mention that I live in western Wisconsin. Also his first year he did catch 2 rabbits with him field hawking but have been working him. I still do jumps with him everyday or every other day. He has the routine down good.

mkestrel76
01-16-2014, 05:43 PM
Bird has been transferred for awhile :D. Forgot to update this thread.