PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Portugal

Acalado
03-03-2008, 12:05 PM
Hello everyone

I present myself, i'am flying shortwings , at the moment a imprint female gos going to her second season. I also breed some raptors. Olny harris hawks ( unicintus unicintus, and harrisi ) also bicolored accipiter and European Spars.
This forum is another good bridge between the two continents for all lovers of birds of prey.
I sorry if my english isn't better. Iám a little bit rusty.

Bryant Tarr
03-03-2008, 12:36 PM
Hello Acalado. (welc). Good to have you here on the forum. Your English is fine! Tell us what your name is and what game you chase with goshawks?
I look forward to learning a little about falconry in Portugal.

everetkhorton
03-03-2008, 02:13 PM
(welc) aboard! Post oftern and enjoy.

chamokane
03-03-2008, 08:38 PM
(welc)clapp

What are the regulations like there? Do they make it easy for you, or difficult?

Your English is very good.

Zarafia
03-03-2008, 09:46 PM
Welcome. I am very much looking forward to hearing about the different species you know there in Portugal. I hope you enjoy reading here. There is a lot of information here.
Your english is very good, don't worry about that at all.

Acalado
03-04-2008, 06:14 AM
Hello again

Well my name is António Calado, and here in Portugal we hunt the same game that most of you in the States can hunt with a female Gos...hares, rabitts, partridge, ducks and so on.
The regulations in Portugal are now better than before. To breed, to keep, to import and to export birds of prey is now more easy than before.
The species in the wild are the same that in Spain.
The cumunity of falconers in Portugal is still very little, not more than 200 persons, but in the last 20 years we are still all in love, like the first day we handle a bird of prey in our fist.
As we use to say here in Portugal " we are olny a few, but it is better a few and good, than a lot and bad ", however we try to be good...day after day, looking for perfection that never comes.

Bodarc
03-04-2008, 07:31 AM
Welcome António! Glad to see you here.