PDA

View Full Version : 2013 NAFA Journal

jondarp
03-11-2014, 04:17 PM
The 2013 NAFA Journal is available online and was mailed to NAFA members a few weeks ago.

However, it's been brought to my attention that people in the northeast U.S. haven't received their copy yet and I want to make sure there wasn't a problem with the mailing to members in that area.

For NAFA members, if you live in any of the New England states or New Jersey and you have received your copy of the Journal, please let me know.

Thank you.

Jon D'Arpino
NAFA Journal Editor

rkumetz
03-11-2014, 04:51 PM
The 2013 NAFA Journal is available online and was mailed to NAFA members a few weeks ago.

However, it's been brought to my attention that people in the northeast U.S. haven't received their copy yet and I want to make sure there wasn't a problem with the mailing to members in that area.

For NAFA members, if you live in any of the New England states or New Jersey and you have received your copy of the Journal, please let me know.

Thank you.

Jon D'Arpino
NAFA Journal Editor

Mine showed up here in Vermont

joekoz
03-11-2014, 05:35 PM
Jon:

I'm in New Jersey and received mine in the mail on Saturday - March 9th.

forensics
03-11-2014, 06:57 PM
Not received mine in Florida. Will pm my personal info.

Yeomanfalconer
03-11-2014, 07:56 PM
I got mine, very nice. It seems you could use some more contributions.
I'll try to contribute something this year.

robbeth
03-11-2014, 07:58 PM
got mine

tumble
03-11-2014, 08:07 PM
Hi Jon, got mine in Maine last week. Thanks.

Lowachi
03-11-2014, 09:43 PM
not mine yet in Illinois

Red-tail71
03-11-2014, 10:10 PM
Hi Jon, got mine in Maine last week. Thanks.

Great article Tom! clapp

Buckeye Falconer
03-11-2014, 11:56 PM
Yeah, nicely done Tom!

ice
03-12-2014, 07:19 AM
I received mine in NY

jmnucci
03-12-2014, 09:57 AM
Just got mine a few days ago. Enjoying it very much.

drmchsrmle
03-12-2014, 10:12 AM
Got mine in Wisconsin last night.

Tom Scheib
03-12-2014, 10:16 AM
In Florida, got mine 9 March. Good job once again Tom.

MD Hawkman
03-12-2014, 11:31 AM
Kudo's to Bill & Tom ! Excellent articles ! clapp East Coast Rules ! lol

tumble
03-12-2014, 06:48 PM
Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed the story.

sharptail
03-13-2014, 01:19 PM
Best Journal in years, great job!

Pedioecetes
03-13-2014, 03:29 PM
Mine showed up in Saskatchewan yesterday, March 12th.

Good stuff, love the artwork!

Hunner
03-14-2014, 12:43 PM
....still waiting...

jondarp
03-15-2014, 12:28 PM
I got mine, very nice. It seems you could use some more contributions.
I'll try to contribute something this year.

Eric,

That would be great. I've already begun thinking about the 2014 edition. I was way behind in production with the 2013 edition, which is why it didn't get mailed until late February. This year, I'm going to get things organized better and get it out in the fall.

Regards,

Yeomanfalconer
03-16-2014, 07:23 PM
Eric,

That would be great. I've already begun thinking about the 2014 edition. I was way behind in production with the 2013 edition, which is why it didn't get mailed until late February. This year, I'm going to get things organized better and get it out in the fall.

Regards,
Thanks for your efforts Jon, You really did an awesome job with this year. Just the Peters piece alone was worth it, Then we had the rest with interesting regional perspective. Some of that region was the world. That is how it is with the NA falconer. There is no falconry in the world that we are not interested in.

jondarp
03-21-2014, 04:41 PM
....still waiting...

Allen,

I checked the mailing list that I received from the NAFA Membership Secretary and didn't see your name on it so you'll need to contact her to check your membership status.

Regards,

jondarp
03-21-2014, 04:48 PM
I've received PMs from a few people who still hadn't received their NAFA Journals. For the people who included their full name in their PM, I checked the mailing list that I received from the NAFA Membership Secretary. In both cases, neither of their names was on the list.

So, if you still haven't received your Journal, you many want to double-check with the NAFA Membership Secretary to make sure your membership status is up to date.

Regards,

MrBill
03-21-2014, 05:22 PM
Thanks, Bob. I'm pleased you enjoyed the article.

Bill Boni

MrBill
03-21-2014, 05:30 PM
Oops! I just realized that this is about the NAFA Journal, not American Falconry. Sorry about that. I got confused, yet again. But let me take this opportunity to thank Jon for his efforts putting the journal together--a really nice presentation. And, of course, the authors for taking the time.

Bill Boni

GONEHAWKN
03-21-2014, 06:49 PM

Thanks Bob. Glad you enjoyed the piece.

Hunner
03-22-2014, 09:59 PM
Allen,

I checked the mailing list that I received from the NAFA Membership Secretary and didn't see your name on it so you'll need to contact her to check your membership status.

Regards,

My membership is current. And has been since 1975...

Regards

MrBill
03-23-2014, 09:33 AM
Thanks Bob. Glad you enjoyed the piece.

And, I am sorry, Bill. I really wasn't trying to steal your thunder. For some reason I had it in my mind that this thread was about the American Falconry magazine. Again, my bust!

Bill Boni

Lowachi
03-23-2014, 09:47 AM
Got mine. Nice job

GONEHAWKN
03-23-2014, 03:30 PM
And, I am sorry, Bill. I really wasn't trying to steal your thunder. For some reason I had it in my mind that this thread was about the American Falconry magazine. Again, my bust!

Bill Boni

No worries, Bill...no worries at all. btw, i really enjoyed your book.

MrBill
03-24-2014, 09:36 AM
Thanks, Bill. I appreciate your comment. I have had a few folks, who want to write about the passage Cooper's, approach me about doing The Passage Cooper's Hawk and Those Who Fly 'Em II. So, maybe I'll do that down the road, but certainly not now. What I would really like to do is another book like NAFA's A Bond With the Wild. I really enjoyed reading those heartfelt stories. Even the humor was spot on. BTW, cool you got that book. What a treat that must have been.

Bill Boni

GONEHAWKN
03-24-2014, 02:04 PM
Thanks, Bill. I appreciate your comment. I have had a few folks, who want to write about the passage Cooper's, approach me about doing The Passage Cooper's Hawk and Those Who Fly 'Em II. So, maybe I'll do that down the road, but certainly not now. What I would really like to do is another book like NAFA's A Bond With the Wild. I really enjoyed reading those heartfelt stories. Even the humor was spot on. BTW, cool you got that book. What a treat that must have been.

Bill Boni

'A Bond With The Wild' is a GREAT book. It would be awesome to see another book similar to it. As for the book i wrote the article about, it's a dream come true to have such a classic title in my library. I don't know if it would have really happened without the help of those key people i mentioned in the article.