PDA

View Full Version : Ohio Falconry Association 2014 Apprentice Workshop (Saturday, June 21st)

Buckeye Falconer
04-17-2014, 11:00 AM
On Saturday, June 21st from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. the Ohio Falconry Association (OFA) will be hosting the 4th annual OFA Apprentice/Pre-Apprentice Workshop in Columbus, Ohio.

This workshop is appropriate for all new apprentices waiting to trap their first bird, as well as for all prospective falconers looking to find out a bit more about the sport. The workshop will cover a variety of topics including: regulations, equipment, trapping and training, hunting with your bird, telemetry, finding a sponsor, and much more. Also, a number of 2nd year Apprentices (and a few new General class falconers) will be on hand to discuss their experiences and "lessons learned".

The workshop will be held at the District One ODNR headquarters, which is located at 1500 Dublin Road, Columbus, Ohio. There will be a $10 fee which will cover the cost of materials and lunch.

Please send an RSVP to Joe Dorrian (OFA Apprentice Director) at jdorrian@wideopenwest.com (wlmailhtml:%7b68C7687D-D31A-4862-92E6-E6EFA6F1C46A%7dmid://00000139/!x-usc:mailto:jdorrian@wideopenwest.com) if you plan to attend. This will ensure that we have enough food and materials available for all in attendance.

Buckeye Falconer
06-11-2014, 10:35 PM
Seems we’ve had a location change for the Ohio Falconry Association 2014 Apprentice Workshop on Saturday, June 21st. The DNR meeting space is no longer available to us, so I’ve made arrangements for us in a training classroom at my place of employment, Riverside Methodist Hospital (Columbus, Ohio). So, the new location address is 500 Thomas Lane, Columbus, Ohio 43214 (Bing Cancer Center) in training room “G”. Please park in the Purple Garage which is attached to the back of the building. Parking is only $2.00. We’ll be starting at the same time (10:00 a.m.) but will be breaking at 12:30 or one and reconvening at a local restaurant for lunch and to continue our “falconry conversation”. Thus, there will be no $10 workshop fee (which was originally to cover lunch). There will be free coffee, juice and donuts available upon your arrival. I apologize for any inconvenience, but think that this new venue will work out for us nicely. While we’ll still be bringing in all of the usual “equipment” for show ‘n tell, I’d ask that you refrain from bringing any birds or other animals. Being a health care facility, I’m pretty sure there’s gotta be some kind of policy against that in the new health care reform laws!!! LOL Don’t hesitate to contact me via e-mail (below) or via phone (614-312-5004) with any questions you might have.
Highest Regards,
Joe Dorrian
OFA Apprentice Director

On Saturday, June 21st from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. the Ohio Falconry Association (OFA) will be hosting the 4th annual OFA Apprentice/Pre-Apprentice Workshop in Columbus, Ohio.

This workshop is appropriate for all new apprentices waiting to trap their first bird, as well as for all prospective falconers looking to find out a bit more about the sport. The workshop will cover a variety of topics including: regulations, equipment, trapping and training, hunting with your bird, telemetry, finding a sponsor, and much more. Also, a number of 2nd year Apprentices (and a few new General class falconers) will be on hand to discuss their experiences and "lessons learned".

The workshop will be held at the District One ODNR headquarters, which is located at 1500 Dublin Road, Columbus, Ohio. There will be a $10 fee which will cover the cost of materials and lunch.

Please send an RSVP to Joe Dorrian (OFA Apprentice Director) at jdorrian@wideopenwest.com (wlmailhtml:%7b68C7687D-D31A-4862-92E6-E6EFA6F1C46A%7dmid://00000139/!x-usc:mailto:jdorrian@wideopenwest.com) if you plan to attend. This will ensure that we have enough food and materials available for all in attendance.