View Full Version : South western indiana

Hayleycox
05-18-2014, 09:59 AM
Hi also in indiana
Hi my name is Hayley and I'm am just beginning my falconry journey. I've been studying and reading everything I can to prepare for the test and also have begun plans for my mew and weathering yard. However I'm having trouble connecting with and finding other falconer a around me. I want someone who will show me something's and possible become a sponsoring anyone is located around south western or central indiana. I would love to at least talk to you.thanks .

sharptail
05-23-2014, 02:17 PM
Welcome Hayley,
I see that you have found the link to your state club, you should be on a roll now. All the best in your falconry adventures!

Hayleycox
05-23-2014, 04:00 PM
Thank you I have contacted DNr and they are sending me a packet also I have begun the plans for my mew and weathering yard. I've read the falconers apprentice once and am on my second reading and note taking :) I've been looking for a few other books but they are hard to find.

sharptail
05-26-2014, 12:44 AM
The latest edition of North American Falconry and Hunting Hawks is out and available from Western Sporting. It is a bit spendy but is a two volume set and well worth the cost. Author Hal Webster recently turned 94 and moved back to Colorado. If I were buying now, I would look to have my copy autographed. The man is more than a legend in his own mind
!

Jeff Blower
06-01-2014, 02:43 PM
Look up Joe katterhenry he is near Evansville.

RedFox
06-01-2014, 10:43 PM
Hi Hayley,

I'm not sure if you've joined the Indiana Falconers Association (IFA) yet but that would be a great start. We're having an Apprentice Seminar on June 21st. You'll find information about the event on our website, www.indianafalconersassociation.org (http://www.indianafalconersassociation.org). Joe Katt does live down in the Evansville area and I second the idea that you contact him. He's a great guy and our Southern Director in the IFA. Good luck!